News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Arm rest bases

Started by twodko, July 13, 2009, 02:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twodko

I've removed the arm rest pads from the front & rear but how do you remove the base plates on the doors? Thanks

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Just 6T9 CHGR

Tom, if you removed the pads then the bases should come off as well....the pads/bases are held on with the 2 Phillips screws.

More than likely they are just a little stuck to the panels....gentle persuasion with a screwdriver should help
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Neal_J

Or ise a plastic putty knife (or your VISA card) to protect the vinyl.

TylerCharger69

Yes...I agree....the fronts should come off in the same fashion as the rears with the exception of having to remove the screw that holds the door open handle on.

twodko

Hey all,

The rear arm rest & bases came off easily in four pieces as they should. Its the front bases I can't remove due to the door openers. Tyler, where is this screw that holds the door opener handle located? I haven't tried to look behind the handle yet. The '69 service manual pix aren't clear on this. Thanks for everyone's help.

Tom

Just 6T9 CHGR

Pull open the handle....you'll see a 3/8" bolt
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

TylerCharger69

Pull the handle toward you and look on the front side of it....Should be right there

twodko

You guys are the best! Thanks!

Tom