News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69/70 radio

Started by C500, July 11, 2009, 10:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C500

will a 70 am thumbwheel radio fit into a 69 bezel? What are the differences between 69 and 70 radios? thanks.
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

UFO

You sure you have a "70 thumbwheel radio?
"69 am has thumbwheels
"70 am has regular round knobs.

C500

Quote from: UFO on July 11, 2009, 11:50:20 PM
You sure you have a "70 thumbwheel radio?
"69 am has thumbwheels
"70 am has regular round knobs.

I only have a C body 8 track radio, and need to buy a thumbwheel for a 69. I know someone who is wrecking a 70, but didn't know the 70 had knobs instead. Thanks for clearing that up.
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

b5blue

Does the 70 have a radio or face plate still? (they go for good money you should get them if it does)  :2thumbs:

C500

Quote from: b5blue on July 12, 2009, 01:57:37 PM
Does the 70 have a radio or face plate still? (they go for good money you should get them if it does)  :2thumbs:

The 70 I was enquiring about is missing the radio and faceplate. Not a problem, I'm after a 69 thumbwheel radio. Thanks for the help.

b5blue

:cheers: Good Luck I see them on eBay now and then!

BROCK

I have a 69 thumbwheel AM radio.  I need a thumbwheel AM/8trk.  I have the faceplate or surround
for both.  True my car is a 70, but I have the 69 surround for the above 69 radio as well.  Trades???

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

C500

Quote from: BROCK on July 13, 2009, 12:05:31 AM
I have a 69 thumbwheel AM radio.  I need a thumbwheel AM/8trk.  I have the faceplate or surround
for both.  True my car is a 70, but I have the 69 surround for the above 69 radio as well.  Trades???

email sent  :2thumbs: