News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Shipping Heads Cross Country?

Started by john108, August 07, 2009, 12:32:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

john108

Dumb Question!
I have a set of Eddy RPM's heads sitting on a desk in my house.  They have never been installed, but the box is missing.  The price was too good to pass up.  How would you recommend packaging them to ship cross-country? It seems that a cardboard box would not be adequate to protect those heavy aluminum heads.

68charger383

Bubble wrap the hell out of them and then box them up.  :Twocents:
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Troy

Heads I've had shipped to me were inside a regular cardboard box but surrounded by thick (like 1/2") corrugated cardboard, cardboard spacers, or closed cell foam. Aluminum heads are a lot nicer to ship than iron ones since two can go in a single box. Make sure the packaging is tight so nothing can (which will tear up whatever protection you have and cause the corners to hit against everything).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

mauve66

or take them to a shipping store have them box them up (sometimes its cheaper than you buying all the stuff needed to do it right, and take out the insurance
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

RD

go to a machine shop. they may have some head boxes lying around that you can buy.  done that before.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

john108

firefighter3931

Edelbrock heads come packaged in heavy cardboard boxes.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

john108

Unfortunately, the person I bought the heads from claimed that they were in the back of his truck and a rain storm ruined the boxes.
He dried them and wrapped them.  There isn't a mark on them, but no boxes.  About the same price as the stealth heads.

Bossman963

No the best way is to make them out 1/2" plywood and use drywall screws to hold it togehter, it will cost you about the same as going getting bubble wrap, cardboard boxes etc- I have done this many time in plywood
Mike
68 Charger 440- under construction
70 Challenger R/T 383 in 2nd version of Vanishing Point. 4 SALE
69 Boss 302
70 Boss 302
74 pantera GTS