News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Carlisle Parking

Started by 41husk, July 07, 2009, 10:59:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

41husk

I have rooms with our group at the quality Inn.  I am towing the Charger in on an open trailor.  Ia there truck and trailor parking at Carlisle? is there room to unload at the hotel and just leave the truck and trailor there and use the Charger to get around?  My first time at Carlisle so any one with suggestions or past experience would be appreciated.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Chris G.

Yes, you will be extremely relieved to find massive amounts of parking in the back of the hotel. If you are lucky enough, your room will face that side of the hotel so you can see it all night long.

In the pic you will see the trailer parking in the background. It goes further left of the picture as well. That's a shot from our (permanent) hotel room.

hemigeno

Allen,

Chris is right - there is a ton of parking at the back of the hotel.  Last year I parked the truck & trailer, unloaded the car and didn't start the truck again until heading out for home.

On-fairgrounds parking is available, but very hard to come by... except for those VIPs who routinely get invited to Building "T" like Chris G  ;)   

Chris G.

Quote from: hemigeno on July 07, 2009, 12:59:27 PM
On-fairgrounds parking is available, but very hard to come by... except for those VIPs who routinely get invited to Building "T" like Chris G  ;) 

Ha! That was like 4 years ago.  ;)

From what I heard, trailer parking is sold out.

Tilar

So there is no place to park a trailer at the fairgrounds? I sure don't want to leave my trailer at the hotel unattended, but I plan on buying some parts which is why I plan on bringing the trailer in the first place.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Chris G.

Quote from: Tilar on July 07, 2009, 04:39:20 PM
So there is no place to park a trailer at the fairgrounds?

There is parking, but because of the size of the show many people pay in advance for trailer parking. You should really call the office and ask them all your questions. Do not rely on this site or any other site about answering questions about parking, scooters, etc. Call and find out TODAY! Do not show up "expecting" things to be available. This is the biggest and greatest show on earth. People travel many miles to be here.

And leaving your trailer at the hotel is probably no biggie. I have never heard of an incident in regards to trailer theft or vandalism.

mikepmcs

So if someone were to go for say just a couple hours.  Where would said person park? 
:popcrn:
Thanks

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Chris G.

Quote from: mikepmcs on July 07, 2009, 05:59:51 PM
So if someone were to go for say just a couple hours.  Where would said person park? 
Thanks

It's up to you Mike. You can park on someone's front lawn for like $15 and walk into the show, or you can register your car and park on the fun field for the weekend.

PM coming at 'ya.  :cheers:

41husk

Thanks guys, I have no problem leaving the truck and trailor at the hotel.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Chris G. on July 07, 2009, 06:05:38 PM
Quote from: mikepmcs on July 07, 2009, 05:59:51 PM
Thanks

It's up to you Mike. You can park on someone's front lawn for like $15 and walk into the show, or you can register your car and park on the fun field for the weekend.

PM coming at 'ya.  :cheers:
While you're outside the gate you can pick up some cheap burgers as well.....home owners around the fairgrounds really rake in the dough during show season...
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Troy

If I don't have a car in the show, I always manage to park directly across the street at someone's house. They let trucks park on the hill so there's always space later in the morning when I get there. It costs $5 per day but the few houses around it are $10. If you buy parts the show will let you drive into the swap area to pick them up. You have to leave your license at the gate. Parking a truck and trailer anywhere near the show will be practically impossible. It's a large show in a small town.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Tilar

How far is the show from the Quality Inn?
Dave  

Khyron

hmm, there still rooms left ya think?

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Tilar

I think that I read a few days ago where there were still some left at the block of rooms they have reserved at the Quality Inn. Send a PM to hemigeno. He's the man that is handling it.
Dave  

Khyron

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

I called, I got a room with you clowns! Time to party! :lol:

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Tilar

Dave  

tommymac

silly question,they let us park in the show field then leave to go to the motel,after the days show?