News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A side glass curiousity question

Started by Ghoste, July 08, 2009, 10:43:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

On 1st and 2nd gens, what is the purpose for the little notch at the forward upper edge of the side glass?

A383Wing

my guess would be for the rubber seal it goes into....and 66 & 67 are completely different

Ghoste

They may be different but they are still there so there must have been some purpose.  As far as fitting into the rubber seal, if you eliminate the seal then you no longer need the notch and it would just slide up into the top like any other square cut glass, no?  I guess what I'm saying is, it seems to me like the seal was created to cover the little hole which would otherwise exist when the window was closed as opposed to having the seal first and then cutting the glass to fit. :shruggy:

A383Wing

If seal was gone, and glass went to the top (square fit), then water could possibly come in from the top and while driving down the road....my guess

Ghoste

Why doesn't it come in at any other point along the top then? :shruggy:

b5blue

I think it sets the up crank of the window, fixing the position and holding in place to keep it from breaking when you close the door.  :scratchchin:

A383Wing

Quote from: Ghoste on July 09, 2009, 09:10:54 AM
Why doesn't it come in at any other point along the top then? :shruggy:

I assume this is just a test and you already know the answer?  :shruggy:

Ghoste

b5blue, that answer makes a little more sense to me, that may just be the one.  :scratchchin:

b5blue

And that's a part nobody re pops right?

Ghoste

I don't know if they do or not to be honest.  I've never really looked for one or needed it yet.  I did know about the difference in the 66 and 67 glass but that was from changing vent window frames on my car for a better set a number of years ago.  The only reason I asked was because I was cleaning my car that day and as I was looking at the little notch I just started to wonder what it was for.  :lol:

TylerCharger69

Does this help out?