News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 500 for sale on craigslist if anyone is interested

Started by jwilk01, July 07, 2009, 03:05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tan top

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on July 08, 2009, 12:14:59 PM
I have 275 & 284 in the registry & both have the XX VIN...

Great find....seems to be an oddly optioned model (no console, no buddy seat,  22" rad etc)

:scratchchin: intresting it has a XS then  :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

PocketThunder

Quote from: tan top on July 08, 2009, 12:41:18 PM

Great find....seems to be an oddly optioned model (no console, no buddy seat,  22" rad etc)

:scratchchin: intresting it has a XS then  :popcrn:

It has an XX vin tag...
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

richRTSE

Well, I'm still waiting for him to answer some of the questions I sent him. A few of them have been answered by you guys already. I'm also trying to work out a deal with a good friend of mine to buy my '69 R/T SE if I decide I want this 500, as that's the only way I'd have enough cash. Sure would be nice to have a "real" aero car...

I believe the white and red hemi 500 #210735 also had the XS on the fender tag

69_500

ALL 500's built before November 14th have XS on the fender tags. Well I guess I shouldn't say ALL, but I have yet to see a single one with XX before November 14th build date.

69_500

Hey, chris a side note, you sure about 284 being XX on the dash VIN? I had it tagged as one of the few that was XS everywhere on the car.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 69_500 on July 08, 2009, 05:03:44 PM

Hey, chris a side note, you sure about 284 being XX on the dash VIN? I had it tagged as one of the few that was XS everywhere on the car.

Not sure Danny...i only have it registered by the owner in 2005....made no mention so maybe it is that way...
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

ramairthree

yep,
that is one that sure would be tempting if just a short drive away.
What did he say about the state of the engine?
Has it been forever since he fired it up?

Unfortunately, the only thing I have found close is either regular 69s, or 70 500s in worse shape people want the same amount of money for.

tan top

Quote from: PocketThunder on July 08, 2009, 12:45:04 PM
Quote from: tan top on July 08, 2009, 12:41:18 PM

Great find....seems to be an oddly optioned model (no console, no buddy seat,  22" rad etc)

:scratchchin: intresting it has a XS then  :popcrn:

It has an XX vin tag...

hmm think  i have confused my self  , i was looking   at that fender tag !      ok ok  my bus is here  :shortbus:  ;)
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

richRTSE

Well, it looks like I'll be taking a ride down to see this car on Saturday. Then I leave for vacation on Sunday. I guess that will give me a week to think about what I want to do. I'm still not sure I'm ready to part with my R/T, and spend the next summer or two (or more?!?!) without a car to go cruising in. My wife already thinks it's a bad idea, as I already have another project (500 clone) thats going on 5+ years. Funny how having kids takes away all your extra time AND money....

hemi68charger

Quote from: richRTSE on July 09, 2009, 04:54:40 PM
Well, it looks like I'll be taking a ride down to see this car on Saturday. Then I leave for vacation on Sunday. I guess that will give me a week to think about what I want to do. I'm still not sure I'm ready to part with my R/T, and spend the next summer or two (or more?!?!) without a car to go cruising in. My wife already thinks it's a bad idea, as I already have another project (500 clone) thats going on 5+ years. Funny how having kids takes away all your extra time AND money....

Good luck Rich... Thought there was an interest in the '70, but not now.. There may be someone else, but it's remote... If it's meant to be, it's meant to be........

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

richRTSE

Thanks Troy. If it's nice enough and I do decide to sell my R/T, it will be partly due to your influence. When you decided to sell Dana AND your '68, I thought no way could I do that. But, now you have a car you really wanted (well, at least until a 4-speed comes along :icon_smile_big:) and if I really want a C500, then I may have to let my other car go too. I guess I'll wait and see...

Rich

hemi68charger

Quote from: richRTSE on July 09, 2009, 07:17:20 PM
Thanks Troy. If it's nice enough and I do decide to sell my R/T, it will be partly due to your influence. When you decided to sell Dana AND your '68, I thought no way could I do that. But, now you have a car you really wanted (well, at least until a 4-speed comes along :icon_smile_big:) and if I really want a C500, then I may have to let my other car go too. I guess I'll wait and see...

Rich

Well, part of life's experience from my elders is "you can't always have everything, but you can have something". So, I took that and ran. Seeing people around me pass on to Heaven, I realized it's a true statement. Of course, that's because I'm an average Joe and not a millionaire...  :icon_smile_big:

Don't let your guard down though, I'm not giving up....  :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

tyly

Sold.
But not comes to Finland, I was few hours late. :brickwall:
Plymouth Superbird 440 six-pack, 4-speed, 15000 miles
Dodge Charger -70 RT/SE Hemi
Dodge Challenger convertible -70 6.4 SRT HEMI

http://tyly.kuvat.fi/

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Old Moparz

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

hemi68charger

Troy

PocketThunder

Quote from: hemi68charger on July 14, 2009, 09:33:43 AM
Richhhhh  ?????

He's on vacation since Sunday so we have to play the waiting game...   :popcrn:

If anyone else is dieing to get a T7 Bronze C500 and you have a nice triple black '69 RT/SE to trade me then  :callme:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

Quote from: PocketThunder on July 14, 2009, 03:55:40 PM
Richhhhh  ?????

If anyone else is dieing to get a T7 Bronze C500 and you have a nice triple black '69 RT/SE to trade me then  :callme:
or an R4 Red 500      call me

PocketThunder

Quote from: moparstuart on July 14, 2009, 04:11:02 PM
Richhhhh  ?????

you want me to call you?

moparstuart

Quote from: PocketThunder on July 14, 2009, 04:12:49 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on July 14, 2009, 04:11:02 PM
Richhhhh  ?????

you want me to call you?
only if you wanna buy an R-4 500  ?????    but yes buy my car  LOL

PocketThunder

Quote from: moparstuart on July 14, 2009, 04:18:56 PMonly if you wanna buy an R-4 500  ?????    but yes buy my car  LOL

only if you throw in the camper special..   :drool5:

moparstuart

Quote from: PocketThunder on July 14, 2009, 04:29:02 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on July 14, 2009, 04:18:56 PMonly if you wanna buy an R-4 500  ?????    but yes buy my car  LOL

only if you throw in the camper special..   :drool5:
ok  $ 23,500  and you get the 500 and the camper special
when you coming   

69charger2002

someone else bought the car. The very nice owner called me saturday afternoon.  apparently someone(could have been Rich) and a friend looked at his car saturday.. and he made it out like they p[icked it apart(i would have too). the guy said the people who came by lowballed an offer but he(the owner) wanted to hold out. after he gave me his description(and the description of the 2 that stopped by to see it) i decided to pass. i knew it would sell regardless, but it wasn't a steal by the sound of it.
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

PocketThunder

richRTSE

Richhhhh  ?????

:icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

Yep it's mine!!! Sorry I haven't posted in a while. The waiting was killing me. I got it today, and I didn't want to say anything until in was in my possession. Didn't want to jinx myself. I was on vacation, and the day that I got back Ed (the seller) and his family were leaving on their vacation. They got home yesterday afternoon, but I was working.  So, my daughter  and I drove down this morning and hauled it home, unloaded it off the trailer, pushed it in the garage, and then I had to come to work. First thing tomorrow I'll start a new post with some pictures. I snapped a few today, but they're still on the camera.  
So, I finally own a real Aero car. And the best part is I was able to keep my R/T SE too!  :2thumbs: