News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

FLG's 73 SE Restoration Thread UPDATED 8/12

Started by FLG, July 06, 2009, 11:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLG

With the help of Jason form the forum, buddy Joe, and my better half we got this all done in a few hrs and parts itemized and bagged

Big one to Jason though, he remembered taking his apart and it made it A LOT easier to take this one

Thanks Jason!!

:2thumbs:

resq302

Damn Frank.  Shes going to be bare assed soon just like Jackies rear.    :smilielol:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

chargermike

nice car. i saw on facebook where you and jason were taking your car apart. good luck with the resto. never give up and just keep working and it will be done. 73 is my fav 3rd gen.

firefighter3931

Nice progress Frank !  :2thumbs:

Looking forward to seeing more updates  :icon_smile_big:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

AirborneSilva

Keep the pics and progress reports coming, I just picked up a 73 so you have my interest  :icon_smile_big: :2thumbs:

jasonfromIKILLYA

Tons of fun.  Really getting me itching to finish mine.....
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

FLG

Just a update,

The transmission is out and the motor will come out tomorrow, didnt feel like struggling to take them out in one piece and i wasnt sure id have the ground clearance to make the swing.

Motor will be out tomorrow, interior will be next week.

jb666

Quote from: FLG on January 11, 2011, 03:33:12 PM
Just a update,

The transmission is out and the motor will come out tomorrow, didnt feel like struggling to take them out in one piece and i wasnt sure id have the ground clearance to make the swing.

Motor will be out tomorrow, interior will be next week.

Cool! Good to see the progress is coming along so smooth.. Although, I'd have done it completely different. In fact, I'd do just about everything different. I'll tell you about it some time  :icon_smile_big:

Now where's the new pics, Franklyn?  :popcrn:

FLG

FLG

Just a little update. Not much progress pictures, its been really cold here and i dont have heat in the garage so not in the mood to work but ill get back on things when the snow melts a bit.

Dont know if i mentioned but got the tranny build by RD, its got a few goodies, one of them is a griner reverse manual VB (a lot of people have told me griner runs high pressure and its going to be harsh and get annoying after awhile, i figure ill see how i like it)

Will update soon.

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Patronus

I would go out and warm myself just looking at those welds!
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

71ChallengeHer

Frank, Nice progress. Your motor compartment looks like mine, nekid.  :rofl: :rofl:

FLG

resq302

Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

FLG

Brian,

Nicks work is what can't really be seen :)

He did the short block, the rest is all me  :2thumbs:

resq302

Oh come now! You mean to tell me that you got that block that spotless behind the timing chain?   :rofl:

Coming along nicely.  As Im typing this, the charger is outside on this nice warm day having a new headliner installed! :2thumbs:
Brian

FLG

LOL!

Thanks Brian, yep pulled mine out today too...but most people now have no idea what car it is  :shruggy:

Also, oil pan, and windage tray should be here today.

Few more small pieces and its all done and ready for the dyno, which kind of scares me.

resq302

Frank, by pulled you literally mean PULLED out or pushed out.   :smilielol:  Mine was surprising under its own power.  Cranked it over for a while without hitting the gas to fill up the carb since it has not been started since like Nov.  After cranking it over for a while, I pumped it twice and it fired right up.  I was totally amazed that I did not need any ether.  I guess small miracles do exist. :2thumbs:
Brian

jb666

Nice work , Frank.. But you are like Spike TV on Sunday morning..  We need more pics!!

FLG

Some more..did these from my mobile so not sure if there gonna work  :shruggy:

71ChallengeHer

jb666

Beer

Great progress, Ron convinced me to invest with Barney as well  :icon_smile_big:
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

BrianShaughnessy

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.