News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone heard of a Plymouth VIP?

Started by Beer, July 06, 2009, 05:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beer

Never heard of it...but I got pics of one...one was in the body shop next to my car.

1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

Daytona R/T SE

Brock Samson

http://www.carstyling.ru/en/cars.1965_Plymouth_VIP.html

the focus was on the interior,.. note digital gauges,.. phone, tape recorder, television, map pockets behind the fiberglass seats... cup holders... and what looks like an early GPS system...  :D

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

69CoronetRT

Quote from: Beer on July 06, 2009, 05:57:18 PM
Never heard of it...but I got pics of one...one was in the body shop next to my car.

It was the top of the line C body Plymouth from 66-69. My aunt had one.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

Ghoste

The Plymouth version of the Monaco.  A buddy of mine had one briefly when we were in high school, or barely out of.

ChargersETC..ETC..

I see the television / tv pictured . Looks like "Sea Hunt" was on Starring- Loyd Bridges.   If anyones interested "This " network may be reairing the old tv show. That' s a neat old picture of the Vip you found! Reminds me of kitt and T bird style.

Beer

Here are the pics...they suck but the car is jammed up in the shop so good photo angles aint all that good.

The guy saw my car in the shop and wanted to paint his plum crazy as well (I do not think that would look good  :eek2:), Steve the owner talked him out of that and told him repainting Black would be more cheaper...

1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

Brock Samson

:scratchchin: interesting,..
a two door hardtop all black, with those sweet red pinstripes,.. looks killer..  :2thumbs:
I'd drive it...  :drool5:

Todd Wilson

My friends dad has a 4 door VIP.

Todd

Brock Samson

FlatbackFanatic

I saw one a couple of weeks ago. 47,000 actual miles
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

Rolling_Thunder

Here's one I built for a customer

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

hemi-hampton

What's the VIP stand for? Very Important Plymouth.   :scratchchin::shruggy: LEON.

TUFCAT

It was the top of the line Plymouth in its day.....like a morphed Plymouth Fury/Chrysler Newport. So it was a very important Plymouth :shruggy:

72chargerSE

Thet were everywhere when I was a kid in the 70's