News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

90 degree fittings and fuel lines

Started by Ghoste, June 25, 2009, 10:59:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

This might be a strange question (and in the wrong area) but indulge me.  Do you think 90 degree fittings have much effect on fuel line performance?  I ask because I have largely made my own fuel lines for the car and in the interest of performance I've made them all with easily rounded bends.  At the same time, I wouldn't mind a little neater appearance underhood and some of that could be accomplished with a couple of 90 degree fittings in there.  I don't want to do it if it restricts fuel flow but my thought process is that if the line is under pressure and the internal diameter is the same, fuel should not be starved to the carb.  Am I right?

firefighter3931

Quote from: Ghoste on June 25, 2009, 10:59:01 AM
This might be a strange question (and in the wrong area) but indulge me.  Do you think 90 degree fittings have much effect on fuel line performance?  I ask because I have largely made my own fuel lines for the car and in the interest of performance I've made them all with easily rounded bends.  At the same time, I wouldn't mind a little neater appearance underhood and some of that could be accomplished with a couple of 90 degree fittings in there.  I don't want to do it if it restricts fuel flow but my thought process is that if the line is under pressure and the internal diameter is the same, fuel should not be starved to the carb.  Am I right?

I wouldn't worry about it as long as the bends are properly radiused and there are no kinks to restrict flow.  :Twocents:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Purple440

I just installed one for my AVS and I saw no power drop off.   :2thumbs:

471_Magnum

At the performance level you're at it won't make a difference.

FWIW, look at a six pack set up and the Tees the fuel runs through to get to the front and center carbs. Has to make a hard 90 for both... and that's 5/16" line.

I've plumbed up several dual feed Holleys Teeing at the primary fuel bowl with no issues.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."