News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Edelbrock AFB choke adjustment/operation

Started by hemi68charger, July 11, 2009, 07:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey Gang..
On this new Daytona I got, it has one of those EDELBROCK PERFORMER SERIES carbs. I have a little understanding about the mechanism of the choke. I've turned the black choke thermostat to adjust the position of the choke butterfly. Now, the electrical part of it is a mystery to me. I see there are two spades on the choke. One for the ground and the othe rpower. Does the power side of the choke need to be a straight 12v source in which I can tie into it anywhere?

Thanks
Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

A383Wing

12v when key is in the "run" position....usually tie it to the ballast resistor or the wiper motor power wire....do not tie it to the "+" side of the coil...it does not have 12v when it's running

hemi68charger

Quote from: A383Wing on July 11, 2009, 07:34:48 PM
12v when key is in the "run" position....usually tie it to the ballast resistor or the wiper motor power wire....do not tie it to the "+" side of the coil...it does not have 12v when it's running

I see there's not a choke pull-off, so the electrical coil starts retracting the choke valve relatively quickly to full open?
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

A383Wing

choke pull-off is built into the choke coil assembly that is mounted to the carb....has a plunger inside that is drawn down by vacuum when engine is running. It's connected to the carb body where a hose nipple would be if you didn't have this style choke.