News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Middle dash pad

Started by Lee A, July 03, 2009, 11:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee A

Hi I got a 68 charger with air and I want to take the middle pad out that goes around the vent  right under the radio I have the dash cluster out right now if that makes it easier want to switch vents and have to remove that pad anyone please
1968 Dodge Charger 440
1969 Dodge Charger 383

Just 6T9 CHGR

There are speed nuts behind the pad that attach it to the metal frame.....feel around.

You must remove the pad to get out the vent grill (screws to the pad from the back)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Lee A

I knew there were speed nuts but how many i can only feel 2
1968 Dodge Charger 440
1969 Dodge Charger 383

Lee A

Well i felt around and found 4 and it still won't come out made if I just yard on it then smash it then smash the rest of the car and then turn the lights off and call it a day
1968 Dodge Charger 440
1969 Dodge Charger 383

Lee A

This is why i don't post and have been on here for 7 years I only get half the answer its nice to learn but when you are strapped for time and half the time  to do it with out standing around and drinking beers I never get a staight answer on here
1968 Dodge Charger 440
1969 Dodge Charger 383

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Lee A on July 04, 2009, 11:04:25 PM
This is why i don't post and have been on here for 7 years I only get half the answer its nice to learn but when you are strapped for time and half the time  to do it with out standing around and drinking beers I never get a staight answer on here

Dude you're kidding right?

If you cant figure out how to remove it yourself maybe you need one of these....

PS---theres 5....so close :rotz:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69 OUR/TEA

This is why i don't post and have been on here for 7 years I only get half the answer its nice to learn but when you are strapped for time and half the time  to do it with out standing around and drinking beers I never get a staight answer on here

Holy cow,you've been here 7 YEARS!!!!!!Thats longer than most here,including the moderators!!!!!!

Troy

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on July 05, 2009, 08:20:50 AM

Holy cow,you've been here 7 YEARS!!!!!!Thats longer than most here,including the moderators!!!!!!
We've had two sites - the first one started around the first of March 2001 and this one became official on July 17, 2005. All user stats were reset.

As for a quick answer, you got the first one in 6 hours and waited a whopping 9 hours the second time before complaining... on a holiday when we averaged 20-30 members online all day! Sorry, this isn't a paid support hotline - it's just a bunch of guys with common interests who tend to hang out in their free time. I can get you some detail pictures while I'm at my garage today but I won't be home for at least another 10 hours.

As Chris said, the FSM is worth it's weight in gold (even though you can buy one for just $60). Even though I have it and the Parts book, I still ask questions here and tend to get very good answers (usually with real pictures instead of line drawings).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Troy

If you found the 4 speed nuts you need to locate the two Philips head screws just above the vents. Here's a picture of the back of an A/C pad and also a non-A/C/pad installed in a dash frame. The raised area in the dash frame matches the screw in the top center of the vent and the other is on the driver's side near the top corner.

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Ghoste

Unless you already smashed the car in which case it's probably too late.  :shruggy:

(Oh come on Lee, it's a little funny  :icon_smile_big:)

TylerCharger69

Troy.....I couldn't've said it better myself....I ask questions on here and I've ALWAYS got a quick response. Sometimes it may take multiple replies to the thread to get everybodies input on some things because if someone knows a little about something then all the little knowledge becomes major knowledge.  It's funny that people think we spend all day on here waiting to answer or ask questions.  In fact....this is the friendliest forum I have ever experienced.  Anyone wants to complain......well...I can tell you what forums to go to......THEN you'll have a reason to complain.  It's very generous of enthusiasts on this site to share their knowledge and experiences with each other and never ask for anything in return.   I can go on and on....but I'll shut up now.   Thanks to all here who has helped me in the past, the present, and the future.

Chatt69chgr

Troy must have the patience of Job.  After all that and he came back and even provided pictures.  I don't know where that guy is coming from but I have been on a lot of forums and this one is the best.  Courteous members always helpful.  I almost always get an answer to my varied questions.   
I would like to personally thank the moderators for all the work they do to keep everything up and running.  And more thanks to the many folks over the years that have helped me.  My Charger is not on the road yet but one day it will be.

dd44068

TylerCharger69

Rolling_Thunder

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip