News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Monty Python

Started by b5blue, June 30, 2009, 01:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

OK who else loves Monty Python, and what is your favorite? (mine is "I told him we already GOT ONE!!) :smilielol:

FlatbackFanatic

Me and my daughter both love them. Ministry of silly walks,arguement clinic, it goes on and on. The parrot sketch. Can't forget the Spam sketch. :smilielol: :smilielol:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

Magnumcharger

I can't stand them....they're stupid!!!

No, really I love 'em!!
A sampling:

King Arthur: Old woman.
Dennis: Man.
King Arthur: Man, sorry. What knight lives in that castle over there?
Dennis: I'm 37.
King Arthur: What?
Dennis: I'm 37. I'm not old.
King Arthur: Well I can't just call you "man".
Dennis: Well you could say "Dennis".
King Arthur: I didn't know you were called Dennis.
Dennis: Well you didn't bother to find out did you?
King Arthur: I did say sorry about the "old woman", but from behind you looked...
Dennis: What I object to is you automatically treat me like an inferior.
King Arthur: Well I am king.
Dennis: Oh, king eh? Very nice. And how'd you get that, eh? By exploiting the workers. By hanging on to outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the economic and social differences in our society.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
King Arthur: I am your king.
Woman: Well I didn't vote for you.
King Arthur: You don't vote for kings.
Woman: Well how'd you become king then?
[Angelic music plays... ]
King Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. THAT is why I am your king.
Dennis: [interrupting] Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dennis: Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.

Dennis: Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away.

Dennis: Come and see the violence inherent in the system. Help! Help! I'm being repressed!
King Arthur: Bloody peasant!
Dennis: Oh, what a giveaway! Did you hear that? Did you hear that, eh? That's what I'm on about! Did you see him repressing me? You saw him, Didn't you?
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Foreman72

"our three main elements, three of our greatest...our chief weapons are.." :lol: :lol:

there is this awesome one that takes place on an island full of reporters reporting on reporting  :smilielol:

"two people...three people just flew by that window!..."

"ALBATROS"

also anything john cleese says is hilarious...
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

moparnole

The flying circus was probably the coolest show of its day, I love the skit about the funniest joke in the world(killer joke), and as far as movies go, "life of brian" is my favorite, followed by the holy grail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkCZRnB3VFg&feature=channel_page

moparstuart

i'm a lumber jack and i'm OK

and i want to visit the castle anthrax      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtcSYPjJbgg
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

bakerhillpins

Personally, I am trying to find the Castle Anthrax!  :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtcSYPjJbgg
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Old Moparz

I've been a Python fan since the 70's, & that was before Saturday Night Live was ever on the air. I had read comments about how SNL was going to be the American version of Monty Python, so I looked forward to seeing it, but in my opinion, SNL sucked. Watching 90 minutes of SNL to see maybe 10 minutes of what was "somewhat funny" was a waste of time.

The Holy Grail is my all time favorite, & my 10 year old daughter loves it too. If anyone is a serious Monty Python fan, you have to get the double DVD, anniversary edition of The Holy Grail. The 2nd disc has some behind the scenes footage & other extras. It's also fun to see Terry Jones & Michael Palin go back to the original locations where they shot the movie.  :2thumbs: 

I found my copy at Target for $14.99 & also found these cool boxers.  :D

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

b5blue

When ever life gets you down Mrs. Brown..... :lol:

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Brock Samson

I'm particularly fond of the movie Brazil,.. the dark Machiavellian humor about the future of London seemed to me to be rather well thought out... and realized and it was all pre CGI too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teufz17PqoY

and anyone who's ever serviced a motor home after a Vacation will appreciate this little clip...
Note Robt. DeNiro in the role of spoiler...  :eek2:

b5blue

Remember Baron Von Munchhausen? Another one from that crazy crew!  :2thumbs:

Manfred318

Love 'em :yesnod: Ive got Life of Brian and The Holy Grail on Laserdisc. I try n watch them on a regular basis.
Quotelobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
:smilielol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOrgLj9lOwk

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

c00nhunterjoe

count to three, no more no less, three shall be the number thal shalt count, not 2, 4 though shalt not count to......unless after 3.

Big Sugar

Remember the Gay Prince in The Holy Grail.  :smilielol: :lol:
"Listen Lad we're living in a Bloody swamp "!!
"Your marrying Princess Lucky ....So you'd better get used to the idea !

Good Times

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

73-charger-383

the best is when lancelot destroys the wedding party in the holy grail....... :smilielol:

nh_mopar_fan

Cleese is in some of the Bond flicks.

In "Die Another Day", I burst out laughing when Brosnan told Cleese, "It's only a flesh wound"

FlatbackFanatic

The Holy Grail is probably one of the best movies ever..... I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a Hamster and your father smelt of Elderberries!!! :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

Mike DC

King of Swamp Castle:

"When I first came here, this was all swamp. Everyone said I was daft to build a castle on a swamp, but I built in all the same, just to show them. It sank into the swamp.

So I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So I built a third. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp.

But the fourth one stayed up! And that's what you're going to get, Lad, the strongest castle in all of England."

b5blue

With my best buddy by my side...and "smoked up" we walked into this movie not catching Monty Python's connection, to be blind sided, in our "hampered" condition, was the perfect storm. We laughed so hard, so long, it hurt! I still remember the WTF moment seeing Concord banging the coconuts together....as the king skips along ahead of him. Just the credits alone with the Moose costumes and "sacking" still kill me.  :smilielol:

Old Moparz

Quote from: b5blue on July 02, 2009, 08:51:17 AM
With my best buddy by my side...and "smoked up" we walked into this movie not catching Monty Python's connection, to be blind sided, in our "hampered" condition, was the perfect storm. We laughed so hard, so long, it hurt! I still remember the WTF moment seeing Concord banging the coconuts together....as the king skips along ahead of him. Just the credits alone with the Moose costumes and "sacking" still kill me.  :smilielol:

That's pretty much what happened when I went to see "The Life of Brian" with a friend, the scene where the space ship with the aliens picked up Brian. We both looked at each other with the same WTF expression & laughed like hell.  :lol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

b5blue

KS71owner

One of my all time favorite sketches was "How not to be seen" at the beginning of "...and now for something completely different."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0WOIwlXE9g

RusTy/SE

If you have the opportunity to see 'Spamalot', the musical version of 'Monty Python and The Holy Grail', you will not be disappointed  :rofl:

Me goofing around outside the Shubert Theatre, NYC 2 July 2007 ;D

TheGhost

I loved the killer bunny of death scene.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.