News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who trolls EBay for old muscle cars??

Started by jb666, June 29, 2009, 07:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

My buddy and I are always watching EBay for certain vehicles, and the F-body's are one of them...  It seems that lately everyone's been pulling their trashed '70's Trans Am's out of the barn to sell them..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330340520168&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:Watchlink:middle:us

Anyways, what do you guys troll for?? I'm always scouting old Skylarks, Camaros, Firebirds, etc... Just to see what's out there.

73chgrSE

that looks awful.  :eek2:
I'm always looking for 3rd gen chargers on ebay for pics if nothing else. Lately i'm looking at roadrunners and cudas too. :cheers:
I've bought alot of stuff via ebay though. Car parts, music gear etc.

jb666

Me too.. I've bought a TON off Ebay over the years (too much, my wife would say), but it's fun...  It can also screw you if you don't watch out...  Oh wait, I didn't buy my car on EBay and I STILL got screwed  :slap: , but that's another thread!!

The old Mopars are awesome.. Watching the $$ they pull in, wow!!  :o

69bronzeT5

I was just cruising Ebay for Dusters & Demons. :2thumbs:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

jb666

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on June 29, 2009, 07:15:11 PM

Nice!! The greatest feeling has to be when you're actually in a position to buy a certain vehicle/part and you have the $$ in hand, ready to go..  :cheers: :cheers:

69bronzeT5

Quote from: jb666 on June 29, 2009, 07:16:07 PM

Nice!! The greatest feeling has to be when you're actually in a position to buy a certain vehicle/part and you have the $$ in hand, ready to go..  :cheers: :cheers:

:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

However, I was just cruising for registry purposes ;)
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

dpm68

Wow. Did anyone see the fingers on that pressure plate? KA-POW! BATMAN! WE'RE LOSING SPEED!!!

Back N Black

KS71owner

I've found a few parts, but I probably sell more than I buy on ebay. I do enjoy window shopping online though. I already found a Mopar body dolly that I will definitely be needing in the next year or so.....

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

1969chargerrtse

I sold my vette on ebay and then watched ebay everyday for over a year until I found the Charger I bought.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

mopar0166

Im looking for a cheap e body project (roller)

my73charger

My 9 year old son makes me do searched for him but only for Dodges.  Specifically, he wants 2nd generation Charger but he would settle for a nice Chally or even a Coronet.  ;D

bakerhillpins

Quote from: jb666 on June 29, 2009, 07:16:07 PM

I use it for motivation! No funds available yet but hanging out here and drooling on ebay keeps me striving for my goal.

Bryan.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

tricky lugnuts

Ah, one of my favorite pursuits at work when I'm not busy - my boss absolutely loves it. (That and DodgeCharger.com.)

But thanks to eBay, if my boss ever wins the lottery I'm getting $50K to spend on a Dodge Demon or Plymouth Cuda.

I also spend a lot of time searching eBay for Chargers, of course, and various Charger parts... Not that I ever have enough money to buy all or even a small fraction of what I want. Come to think of it, maybe that's why my cheapskate boss doesn't mind!!!

Sergeant

Quote from: bakerhillpins on June 30, 2009, 08:12:27 AM
I use it for motivation! No funds available yet but hanging out here and drooling on ebay keeps me striving for my goal.

Bryan.

Plus one, Ive been searching ebay while in the midst of saving towards the car. But I must admit ive already caved and started bidding.... Im gonna wind up stuck with some large loan that will piss off the wife if I ever do win. (hoping to have at least half put away before I do get one though)

Tilar

I check out ebay all the time. I've bought a bunch of parts in the last year and a half off of ebay. I've also been sorta looking for a 3rd generation Charger and actually went and looked at this 1974 Charger tonight. Not too bad but the rear frame rails are starting to get to the questionable stage and I'm not really wanting to start another project.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

teamroth

I'd rather die than go to heaven.

mikepmcs

Yes, I troll ebay for old muscle cars. :icon_smile_cool:

I buy my ties for work on ebay.  I just scored another 70 lot for $15. 
I'm approaching a tie for every day of the year.  OCD at its finest. :P

As far as cars.  I like the Bandit T/A's but I mostly cruise for Mopars.  69 Roadrunner tops my list due to the fact I already have a 69 Charger.  I miss my Roadrunners.  I also look at Cuda's because I've always wanted one of those as well.
I sometimes look for an old Kawi 900 or 1000 dragbike just in case I see a deal and need to scratch that itch at the time.  Haven't found it yet. ;D

I really like the pro street look and would like to get a 69 RR prostreet.  I saw one a little while back. It was sublime and it was going cheap.  Needed finishing but it was all there.  I was ready to pull the trigger and all of a sudden it was gone.  It was in New York I believe.

I also look for parts all the time.

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Neal_J

Cars, not so much.  But parts, constantly.

jb666

Me too, the EBay parts market is huge. I've been buying for probably 9-10 years now (not one sale, just purchases) and I've only been burned once.. I have a couple of buddies in the model/antique business and they said EBay killed them.. What used to be worth $100 is now worth $20 because there's 10 on EBay...  Swap meet? What's that? You can log onto a swap meet every night of the week if you'd like  :lol: