News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2002 Dodge Neon transmission problem

Started by my73charger, June 29, 2009, 03:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

my73charger

Has anyone else had problems with the 2002 Dodge Neon tranny?  My daughters car is stuck in limp mode (2nd gear) and the speedo quit working.  I have changed the input and output sensors, replaced the transmission control module and had it reprogrammed and still it is not shifting.

BrianShaughnessy

I was looking at a 02 last week or so on Craigslist real cheap.   Said it needed a torque converter.   If I'd have gotten it I'd have just done a rebuild on it for the price my friend does them for.    Dude never called me back.  Oh well.

Speed sensors on old fwd dodges always sucked.  Dead speedo or stalling on deceleration was the main symptoms.   Maybe they got better since then but I doubt it.

Anyway I saw this little deal on an 03 stuck in limpin mode.  Doubt it'll help much either since you seem to have already replaced both.   Frankly I hate diagnosing OBDII problems.   I always end up replacing ECU's. http://en.allexperts.com/q/Dodge-Repair-809/2008/9/2003-Dodge-Neon-Limp.htm
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

my73charger

Hopefully I will know something today.  I left it at the Dodge dealership that reprogrammed the control module.  I hope it isn't in need of a complete rebuild.  I bet that is at least $1,500.  :bawling:

my73charger

It turned out to be a broken wire to the speed output sensor.  What a relief.