News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Okay time to go car lookin again.. PICS ARE HERE!!!

Started by BIRD67, June 29, 2009, 01:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BIRD67

captnsim you are very correct, however, Branden is looking the car over with a fine tooth comb, so to speak and he said that it is all good except for the front valance, liscence plate bracket in the rear and the fender.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

R.I.P. Matthew Fraser 4/30/10

69bronzeT5

Nice looking find Zach. Yes, Chrysler did go with electronic ignitions in 1973.

PS: Nice avatar ;)
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

FlatbackFanatic

I did have a 1973 GremlinX witha 401 out of a police car. It was crazy. I also had a 727 auto in it. It almost pulled the font wheels off the ground hitting 2nd gear! very fun to drive. I wish I still had it.
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

BIRD67

UPDATE! My friend pat decided to buy the Satellite, however I found out some info on the Barracuda! It is a Formula S 273 V8 car, it is mostly original however it comes with a parts car because some trip pieces are missing.. It has the original hubcaps and it just needs an interior, which is included and paint.. It runs and drives and the guy said he will take $2400 for it.. Does that seem like a good deal?
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

C_stripes

$2400 sounds a little steep. But I wouldn't worry about it until I had about $1000 saved before I would even go talk to them.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

quapman

A Formula-S 273 sounds like a cool car, but those 66's are not too attractive. That price is a bit high for that car in this market. I bet you could find a decent 3rd gen. Charger for the same $$$ or less.

Where are you located again? I'm old and have CRS.

BIRD67

Quote from: C_stripes on July 18, 2009, 08:13:29 PM
$2400 sounds a little steep. But I wouldn't worry about it until I had about $1000 saved before I would even go talk to them.

It does sound steep for a '66 Barracuda, but it comes with a ruinning 318 parts car and this guy has ton's of Barracuda parts so the way I see it, I could end up with two Barracuda projects.. How many 1966 Plymouth Barracuda Formula 'S' were made anyways?   There is like 3 Third-Gen Charger's in the area, none are for sale for any price.. I am located in Keene, New Hampshire..

69bronzeT5

Quote from: BIRD67 on July 18, 2009, 06:02:48 PM
UPDATE! My friend pat decided to buy the Satellite

Who found the car? I'd be pissed if a friend bought a car that I wanted.

C_stripes

Cody,

Normally I would agree. But if you didn't have the money and the car was for sale, wouldn't you rather your friend got it than someone you don't know. You might not ever see it again if someone else ended up with it.    :Twocents:
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: C_stripes on July 19, 2009, 12:50:46 PM
Cody,

Normally I would agree. But if you didn't have the money and the car was for sale, wouldn't you rather your friend got it than someone you don't know. You might not ever see it again if someone else ended up with it.    :Twocents:

I know what you mean but it seems like Zach was working pretty hard to try and buy the car. Just speaking from my experience though, someone tried taking a car out from under me...actually a member on this site but I won't name them....I was pretty pissed but not anymore and the car is guaranteed mine.

BIRD67

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on July 19, 2009, 12:55:07 PM
Quote from: C_stripes on July 19, 2009, 12:50:46 PM
Cody,

I know what you mean but it seems like Zach was working pretty hard to try and buy the car. Just speaking from my experience though, someone tried taking a car out from under me...actually a member on this site but I won't name them....I was pretty pissed but not anymore and the car is guaranteed mine.

Cody don't fret, I told him I was no longer interested and told him to go ahead and get it.. Besides, I still am gonna get to work on it..  He asked me to find a good fender and other parts.. He is new to the hobby, so Branden and I are guiding him, we all wrench on each other's cars..

BIRD67

UPDATE!!! My friend pat decided that he did not want the Satellite, however, there have been rumors the price of it went up to $1500.. and even worse, the car wont turn over.. Now, I have some options here, because there is a fairly good amount of vintage cars around here, however most are stupid Bowties and Blue Ovals... If the owner does get the car running and I come up with the funds, I have a pretty straightforward plan for the 318... First I will ditch all the A/C equipment then I will do what my dad did to his '68 Cuda to make it fly.. I will get ahold of some 360 heads, a single plane intake manifold, headers, a carb (would a Holley 750 be sufficent enough?) I also want to give it an agressive camshaft.. My basic goal is to make it a nice high-revving small blocki.. The car already has an 8 3/4 rear end and a 727 Tflite so Im pretty much set there.. I think that I might go with a taller gear ratio, maybe something like 3.42's or 3.55's.. I want this car to handle well so I will probably get a thicker front anti-roll bar and a nice roll bar for the rear..
I found this video on youtube, this pretty much sums up how I would want the car to be..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9WvrxGQNL4

rav440

1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

Tilar

Quote from: BIRD67 on August 02, 2009, 04:09:20 PM
First I will ditch all the A/C equipment

I wouldn't "ditch" the A/C goodies just yet. Take them off if that is what you want but I wouldnt throw it away. Once you get over being all jiggy with the car you might decide you want to put the car back all original, which would include all that A/C equipment.  :2thumbs:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

BIRD67

Quote from: Tilar on August 02, 2009, 06:48:45 PM
Quote from: BIRD67 on August 02, 2009, 04:09:20 PM
First I will ditch all the A/C equipment

I wouldn't "ditch" the A/C goodies just yet. Take them off if that is what you want but I wouldnt throw it away. Once you get over being all jiggy with the car you might decide you want to put the car back all original, which would include all that A/C equipment.  :2thumbs:

Okay, Maybe I should choose my words a little bit wiser.. I am not going to throw anything away! Hell, I couldn't ever toss car parts! On the Firebird, ewverything that came off the car I kept; Lifters, valve covers, carburator, exhaust manifolds, intake manifolds, bumpers, dashpad, intake manifold, camshaft, piston rings, head gaskets..everything, I cannot toss anything!

Tilar

Thats good.  I know in my younger days I did things like that only to find out a few years later that I wish I had kept them.  :icon_smile_dissapprove:

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

BIRD67

Okay, my Friend Pat bought the Satellite for $600!! I am proud of him! Mow, My buddy John just bought a 1973 Javelin from upstate New York. He paid $350 for it and he said it has a Chevy 267 in it, I thik he meant 263.. Yeah yeah, I know that sounds like sacrelige putting a chevy engine in it.. he said for 600 bucks its mine.. now I really am thinking about this one, its one of my favorites... I'll keep you updated..

bearbqd

Get the Javelin, that's your best find yet. Great looking body, especially with spoilers. I have a 71 waiting to get restored. It sucks cuz I got it for $600 with an incredibly solid body with its original paint. The motor was out of it with a spun bearing. I bought a 360 that I had bored .060 and took it to my buddies to start building as money would permit. Well, the money when available started going to Mopars while the Javelin got kicked to the backyard and the show car Cuda was put in the garage. Now my poor Javelin has been sitting outside for several years and starting to really get some rust issues in the quarters and rockers. The interior is still nearly perfect aside from the top of the rear seat. I'm hoping to get an outbuilding made so I can start on it soon. Get the Javelin!  :2thumbs:
73 Cuda 440/500hp
71 Javelin in progress

BIRD67

Hi bearbqd, I probably will, Jon is a very good friend of mine and I will try and get this from him, maybe I can talk him down, he has an El Camino project that I am going to help him on.. Now I just need to come up with a place to store it..

bearbqd

73 Cuda 440/500hp
71 Javelin in progress