News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

driving past the new chargers

Started by ChargerDuane, June 26, 2009, 03:24:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

Quote from: Brock Samson on June 29, 2009, 07:31:41 PM
I drove my friends' '08 300 C yesterday alot nicer then the Charger R/T i drove a few years ago...
very classy in it's light blue/silver it got alot of looks and felt really good, it felt very tight, solid and mature,.. if kinda' blocky and square... I'd still like to sample an SRT Chally..  :yesnod:

Mike's is AWESOME.. What a car. IMO Chrysler hit a home run with that baby!!

bordin34

I was behind a new Charger for a good ten minutes today, I was thinking the dude has no idea that we have the a car with the same name. I really wonder about those who bring their new Chargers to Carlisle...

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

ITSA426

I must not run across anybody from here while driving my 06 RT Daytona.  I get as many thumbs up from old Chargers as I give.  I recognize most of the old Mopars around me, and sometime I get a thumbs up and wave from people my age that remember pounding the streets when our old Chargers were new.  I don't feel clueless at all while in it.

I don't care what they call it, but I did cancel my plans to buy my wife a 300C when I saw the 06 Charger sales brochure.  My car looks like the one on the brochure and it's a fun car to drive.  My wife bought an 08 Charger rather than a 300C.  It drives nicer than the 06 300C or Charger.  No regrets or complaints.

Brock Samson

I have to disagree, even if i was only in the R/T and the 300C for a relitively short time, i found the ride and interior much plusher in the 300C. but that's just my subjective opinion,..  :shruggy: basicly the same car though,..

ITSA426

I agree the 300C is generally more plush.  My wife's 08 Charger is an SXT with the 26h package, heated leather seats, adjustable pedals, and nicer creature features than my son's SXT.  I feel that in two years, the Charger made a lot of improvements over the 06 300C we were originally going to order.  Hands down, the 300C is more of a luxury car than the same year Charger.  The 300C SRT8 is more of a luxury car than the SRT8 Charger or Challenger, if it's just about luxury.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: bordin34 on June 29, 2009, 10:17:49 PM
I was behind a new Charger for a good ten minutes today, I was thinking the dude has no idea that we have the a car with the same name. I really wonder about those who bring their new Chargers to Carlisle...

I resemble that.....

What do you wonder?   I averaged 24.3 MPG for the trip, I enjoyed my music on my 30 gig HD radio, I turned on my A/C, I turned off my A/C & opened my sunroof,  I did a few 125mph blasts (and didnt even know it)
Parked the car in the "skittle row", drank beer, went go karting, drank more beer....overall you can say I still had a blast weather I took my '69 or my '08

Oh yeah....I got to race this guy on the way home ;)

well OK, not really  ::)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Brock Samson

:scratchchin:

Still, after all is said and done,..

I would run to see a classic charger but the new ones are a yawn...  :shruggy:
                                                            :shruggy:

ITSA426

So isn't it great when we can have the best of both?