News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Would it be plain wrong, illegal, or o.k.

Started by 69Charger_440, June 29, 2009, 08:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69Charger_440

to posts some VIN's of some cars that I saw while visiting a private yard?  None of these cars are in running condition and I seriously doubt that they ever will (They are too far gone).  The guy knew I was writing them down because I asked him if I could jot down the VIN's and he was o.k. with it, however, I didn't tell him that one day I was going to put them on a public forum.  Again, all of the cars are pretty much parts cars.  Would I be violating some type of etiquette if I were to do so?  Just for info, the VIN's are off of a few Chargers and E-bodies. 

Fernando 

Ghoste

I think it's okay but some may not.  At the very least you need to provide them to any registries.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Any '69s send 'em here :wave:

admin@1969chargerregistry.com
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

1969chargerrtse

I send in all the vins I find. I see nothing wrong with it permission or not. Were not talking secret weapons here is how I see it. Just ask Chris to log the info but not release it.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

69Charger_440

Oh well, I see no harm if I do it this way...

WP29M2G155***
RM23N1R127***
WP29G3G254***
WM23H9E149***
XP29F9G190***
XS29L8B266***
WM23F9G174***
BH23G1D152***
BS23H3B415***
BH23G4B136***
DS23H2B157***
BH23GOB110***

dodgecharger-fan

I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I'd send them in to the appropriate registries and leave it at though.

Better to have the info in trusted hands than just "out there" in the open. We've all heard the stories of VIN fraud. Why give those guys more to work with, right? No matter what the VIN actually indicates, any real info could be altered to suit their needs. Having the real info out there for all to see would help to validate their story.

Does that sound paranoid?  :lol: I'm not really. I've posted my VIN in the past.

I'm just thinking that the VIN of a long gone parts car is something that could be messed with without concern of someone showing up with the real car and calling BS. Sure it's a stretch, but, again, why give them the opportunity?

dodgecharger-fan

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69bronzeT5

If by any chance you wrote down any Duster, Demon or Dart Sport numbers :wave:

www.dusterdartsportregistry.com
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Cuda Hunter

I sent a pm as I am curious about the barracuda's.

Thanks

Rallyecharger

For anyone to "play" with a vin # and say try to "claim it" as theirs.....it is called FRAUD. so I not sure why people panic about seeing vins posted.....all that most of us Mopar fans try to do is document the cars.
So I see no problem with posting some vin numbers. :shruggy:

69CoronetRT

Quote from: 69Charger_440 on June 29, 2009, 09:23:48 AM

XP29F9G190***
WM23F9G174***

I'd be interested in knowing these please. (Especially that 318 Super Bee  ;))
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

69Charger_440

Quote from: Rallyecharger on June 29, 2009, 10:52:46 PM
For anyone to "play" with a vin # and say try to "claim it" as theirs.....it is called FRAUD. so I not sure why people panic about seeing vins posted.....all that most of us Mopar fans try to do is document the cars.
So I see no problem with posting some vin numbers. :shruggy:

Well, I didn't want to post them since they do not belong to me.  In hindsight, I should have justed posted the VIN's with the last three marked out.

Khyron

Quote from: 69Charger_440 on June 29, 2009, 09:23:48 AM

XS29L8B266***

go right ahead and PM me the rest of that number ;)

KIDDING! IM KIDDING!

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Landonsrt

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on June 29, 2009, 09:10:02 AM
Any '69s send 'em here :wave:

admin@1969chargerregistry.com

I listed mine on the webiste well over a month ago and dont see that the total listed or even
(another R/T reunion) has changed. Whats up with that?

Dodge Don

At least if they are logged with the applicable Registry then if the VIN shows up on a car claiming to have never been wrecked prospective buyers can check it out and hopefully they can avoid being scammed.

Alaskan_TA

Can you email me with the photos of these please?

BS23H3B415***
BH23G4B136***
DS23H2B157***
BH23GOB110***

I am not doing the 1971-74 Hamtramck cars yet, but I can save them for future use.

Thanks!

Barry