News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Michael Jackson suffers major heart attack...and passes......

Started by skip68, June 25, 2009, 04:36:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

72chargerSE

Old Moparz

A cold one at Carlisle says it's just some overblown BS to keep that freak in the headlines.

Probably a stubbed toe.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

TruckDriver

They always go in three's. First Ed McMahon, then Farrah, now Micheal.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

JoeyGowdy

Wonder how the coroner classifield his race and sex?
:scratchchin:
Sincerely, Joey Paul Gowdy

72chargerSE

Quote from: JoeyGowdy on June 25, 2009, 05:07:33 PM

I don't believe he's dead....yet. They say he's in a coma...

bull

72chargerSE

Not that I ever wanted to touch his monkey.... I get first dibs on Bubbles!!!!!!!

Tilar

Quote from: Old Moparz on June 25, 2009, 04:55:45 PM
A cold one at Carlisle says it's just some overblown BS to keep that freak in the headlines.

Probably a stubbed toe.

Hell I'll take that bet just because a cold one is involved...Doesn't matter who buys.  :smilielol:

Quote from: JoeyGowdy on June 25, 2009, 05:07:33 PM

Race: Born a poor black boy, Died a poor white man.

Sex: Occasionally

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Tilar

Dave  

CB

cnn says in coma? :shruggy:

Breaking News
Pop singer Michael Jackson is in a coma after being hospitalized, sources familiar with his case tell CNN.
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

skip68

They just said he died at 3:15 pacific time. Very sad. I know he was weird, but he was truely talented.

Mrs.Skip68 ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

aone415

RIP to Michael Jackson... I loved the Jackson 5 and Off the Wall, Thriller and Bad... An icon is gone...

BTW he was a weirdo too

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

Tilar

He had 3 kids? I only knew of the one. He was definitley wierd, but like Mrs. Skip says, he really had a talent.
Dave  

Charger_Fan

In a way, it would have been better if he died in a tragic accident in the early 90's, than now...than after he went so far off the deep end.
Oh well, food for the tabloids for the next couple years. Those weasels have to eat too, ya know. :lol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

TUFCAT

Great talent...but very much a wierdo.

Two major figures were lost in the entertainment business today.

Ponch ®

Let's set his eccentricities and alleged proclivities for pederasty for a moment. I'm really, really saddened by this. The guy was an amazing performer and an icon of his era. Maybe it's because I'm a "Millennial" and product of the 80's who as a 5 year old (unsuccessfully) would try emulate his "Thriller" moves, but I feel like a small part of my childhood just died too.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

skip68

MTV just showed the full version of Thriller.......................best video ever!!!  :Twocents:

Mrs.Skip68 ;)

CB

Sad news...

I wasn't a really big fan of his music and performance but some of his songs were more then okay.

RIP

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

derailed

BigBlackDodge

skip68

Magnumcharger

Quote from: BigBlackDodge on June 25, 2009, 06:25:56 PM
Quote from: derailed on June 25, 2009, 06:11:19 PM
He will probably look the same 1 year from now

5,000 years from now......

BBD

And here's a shot of what he'll look like shortly. :D
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

69bronzeT5

I'm truly shocked by this. At around 2:45 I was watching CNN and they were saying he was in the hospital after a heart attack. 30 minutes later..... :rotz:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

teamroth

What I find disturbing is that this can be turned into a joke. I'm as quick to laugh at funny stuff as the next guy. But some of you guys are out of line.
Set aside his talent for a minute and realize that this is a human being. He has family members who are grieving and we sit here and laugh about it. Very un-cool. I know he was an "alleged" pedophile, and if it was true then he will be answering for that in his next life.

Just my two cents, feel free to bash away.
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

69bronzeT5

Thad, you think some of these comments are out of line...check out the thread on Moparts :rotz:

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=5314854&an=0&page=0#Post5314854

"I heard his nose fell off while he was trying to molest a little boy at Neverland.."

"No great loss, IMHO."

"Now Wacko Jacko will get what he deserves.....for being a Pedophile"

"Hater? Um, yeah, the "guy" was a freakin' Pedophile!!! No "loss". Go ask those kids he slept with what a great guy he was!"

"A 50 y.o. child molester who has enough money to buy his way out of jail dies and the press are beside themselves. This country is heading down the sh*thole."

"NO BIG LOSS, JUST ANOTHER CHESTER THE CHILD MOLESTER GONE!!"

"MJ's dead? OK, I can let my two sons out of the house now."

"I did a little dance, when I heard the news! :2thumbs:"

"One less sexual predator on the planet.... "

"At least the monkeys are feeling safer now. "

Some people over there have no respect....plain and simple. :brickwall:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

derailed

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on June 25, 2009, 07:25:23 PM
Thad, you think some of these comments are out of line...check out the thread on Moparts :rotz:

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=5314854&an=0&page=0#Post5314854

"I heard his nose fell off while he was trying to molest a little boy at Neverland.."

"No great loss, IMHO."

"Now Wacko Jacko will get what he deserves.....for being a Pedophile"

"Hater? Um, yeah, the "guy" was a freakin' Pedophile!!! No "loss". Go ask those kids he slept with what a great guy he was!"

"A 50 y.o. child molester who has enough money to buy his way out of jail dies and the press are beside themselves. This country is heading down the sh*thole."

"NO BIG LOSS, JUST ANOTHER CHESTER THE CHILD MOLESTER GONE!!"

"MJ's dead? OK, I can let my two sons out of the house now."

"I did a little dance, when I heard the news! :2thumbs:"

"One less sexual predator on the planet.... "

"At least the monkeys are feeling safer now. "

Some people over there have no respect....plain and simple. :brickwall:

Now thats some good stuff

teamroth

Cody, I don't spend much time there. It just makes me sad that people can joke about someone's death. I'm sure it would not be appreciated if it was someone in their family. Oh and BTW he was acquitted.

skip68

THAT IS JUST SICK!!!!!!!  :flame: :flame: :flame: When someone passes, your supposed to remember the good things about them, not bash someone that can't fight back!!!! Glad I don't go to that site!!  :rotz:

Mrs.Skip68 ;)

68charger383

Wasn't he scheduled for freezing or cryogenics when he died (head frozen like Walt Disney's) or was that BS.   :scratchchin:

Maybe now that he's broke it won't happen?????

He even co-patented some cryogenic valves etc. http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/4441327.html
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

skip68

Family press conference in a few minutes.....

Mrs.Skip68 ;)

teamroth

MTV is actually showing videos, a tribute to Michael.

A383Wing

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on June 25, 2009, 05:00:44 PM

I always liked Ed McMahon, Farrah was Ok...really high maintenance in my book...

Now Micheal is another story: here you got a black kid who wanted to be white, toured the country & the world singing on stage grabbing his crotch, wears a white glove on one hand and sings the song "Beat It"

Just doesn't add up .....I did admire his talent though

bugsydog

TUFCAT

I think I was a drug overdose.  We'll have to wait and see - - but remember, you heard it here first.

Just like Elvis (who was making a comeback tour in 1977) the king of Pop and the king of Rock N' Roll will go down in history as dieing the same way, an accidential overdose of a prescription drug cocktail.

teamroth

Quote from: TUFCAT on June 25, 2009, 08:05:01 PM
I think I was a drug overdose.  We'll have to wait and see - - but remember, you heard it here first.

I heard it was originally reported as a suicide. No proof or any type of reputable source, but I did hear it mentioned.

Shakey

Quote from: teamroth on June 25, 2009, 07:28:31 PM
Cody, I don't spend much time there. It just makes me sad that people can joke about someone's death. I'm sure it would not be appreciated if it was someone in their family. Oh and BTW he was acquitted.

You should read some of the threads on this site about other people in the news!

There no different here.

Shakey

Quote from: A383Wing on June 25, 2009, 07:57:12 PM
Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on June 25, 2009, 05:00:44 PM

I always liked Ed McMahon, Farrah was Ok...really high maintenance in my book...

Now Micheal is another story: here you got a black kid who wanted to be white, toured the country & the world singing on stage grabbing his crotch, wears a white glove on one hand and sings the song "Beat It"

Just doesn't add up .....I did admire his talent though

QuoteFarrah was Ok...really high maintenance in my book...

How long did you date her for?

teamroth

[/quote]

You should read some of the threads on this site about other people in the news!

There no different here.
[/quote]

Didn't say they were, just said I don't really go there. I definitely do not always agree, but everyone has a right to their own opinion.

aone415

Michael Jackson created the soundtrack to many lives during the 70's and 80's.  I am actually deeply saddened by this news.  For some strange reason I just feel so hurt. 

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

Neal_J

A rough day for Jermaine & Tito...

RIP M.J..  You were one talented & messed-up dude.

teamroth

Quote from: aone415 on June 25, 2009, 08:17:11 PM
Michael Jackson created the soundtrack to many lives during the 70's and 80's.  I am actually deeply saddened by this news.  For some strange reason I just feel so hurt. 

I hear that man.

BrianShaughnessy

For a kid who grew up listening to Motown on CKLW back in Detroit in the 60's/70's before we found out about FM AOR - well... listened to a lot of J5.

He was a musical genius for what it's worth.   Unfortunately the freak show that has gone on for 20 years overshadowed that to many people including myself.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

aone415

Rough day for lots of folks Neal... but I have a feeling that was another ill fated wise crack from you  :eyes:

73-charger-383

--sorry to anyone who this offends....i can't pass it up

i heard it was food poisoning.....seems he ate some 8 year old nuts

NHCharger

Cody that was part of my quote, however you, like the rest of the liberal press left out the first part in which I stated.
" A nine year old girl in Chicago was gunned down on her grandmothers front porch while washing her dog. That is a real tragedy."

I'm sorry if I come across a bit jaded to you but MJ bought his way out of jail, settled an earlier lawsuit out of court before it went to trial. When the police searched his house once they discovered a lifesize doll dressed as a boy scout in his bedroom.
If you had a couple of sons like I have I'm sure you would have a different perspective on this. I feel sorry for his family that he has died, 50 is way to young. It just angers me how the media puts him on a pedestal went he really should have been in a jail cell.

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

aone415

Quote from: NHCharger on June 25, 2009, 08:49:20 PM

Cody that was part of my quote, however you, like the rest of the liberal press left out the first part in which I stated.
" A nine year old girl in Chicago was gunned down on her grandmothers front porch while washing her dog. That is a real tragedy."

I'm sorry if I come across a bit jaded to you but MJ bought his way out of jail, settled an earlier lawsuit out of court before it went to trial. When the police searched his house once they discovered a lifesize doll dressed as a boy scout in his bedroom.
If you had a couple of sons like I have I'm sure you would have a different perspective on this. I feel sorry for his family that he has died, 50 is way to young. It just angers me how the media puts him on a pedestal went he really should have been in a jail cell.

1st off when did Cody become the liberal press???

2nd... the 'liberal media' that you despise, was hell bent on sending him to jail.  Public perception, was that MJ was guilty... he had his day in court, found not guilty, let it rest

72chargerSE

Quote from: aone415 on June 25, 2009, 09:03:34 PM
Quote from: NHCharger on June 25, 2009, 08:49:20 PM

1st off when did Cody become the liberal press???

2nd... the 'liberal media' that you despise, was hell bent on sending him to jail.  Public perception, was that MJ was guilty... he had his day in court, found not guilty, let it rest

Guys...getting political... no need for it, he's dead.

skip68

bull

Let's see if I can squeeze out a tear... nope, nuthin'

NHCharger

Sorry aone. That's my view on this. Don't want this to get political. Just felt that Cody picked and chose what to copy.

And I think Cody is a great kid. I won't post in this thread again.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

teamroth

NH. My point was innocent until proven guilty. And he was found innocent by a jury of his peers. Cody was simply showing a part of a quote that was relevant to what I said. I have a 7 year old boy and it does not change my perspective. I would never let my son hang out with a 40 year old man regardless of status unless it was family. And that is questionable in it's own right. Here's the biggest flaw I see. If he were a pedophile, why would he do this in this country? There are plenty of other countries where he could buy a boy rather than take the chance of getting caught with a sue hungry american's son. Again just my two cents. Please don't stop posting in this thread on my account. I like intelleigent conversation no matter what the topic.

jaak

Who cares????
What sucks is, Farrah Fawcett who also passed, had to battle cancer. She was doing all she could for cancer awareness and speaking out on it. All this takes back seat to a 50 year old freak, who molested kids. I'm sorry if I find humor in the comments placed here (especially the one about him dying of food poisoning, eating 8 year old nuts), but I could care less about that bastard.......Bet he's burning in hell, regretting what he done, now.

Jason

teamroth

aone415

Thanks Mrs. Skip for this thread but this will be my last post in this thread...

It's always interesting to see how people react to the deaths of others... some say nothing at all (me usually), some have emotional outpourings of love and loss and some bring to light the worst of that person.  MJ was clearly a polarizing figure.  But in the end I thought him to be a caring person that did far more to help disadvantaged children than most of us could ever dream of.  Questionable decisions and habits, absolutely.  Guilty of any crimes?  Absolutely not... As I stated before, he'd been judged once in life already and was found not guilty, apparently that doesnt resonate with everyone... so, let he who is without sin cast the 1st stone at MJ... and Judge Not Lest Ye Be Judged

RIP MJ

Todd Wilson

Young boys all over the world have breathed a sigh of relief this evening!

Todd

derailed

My comment about looking the same a year from now was only a light hearted joke even though probably true. I didn't mean to upset any sensitive individuals here, although most would have jumped on the bash wagon 24 hours ago. Yes a talented individual but I don't think I will shed many tears.

derailed

Quote from: aone415 on June 25, 2009, 10:59:17 PM
 Guilty of any crimes?  Absolutely not... As I stated before, he'd been judged once in life already and was found not guilty, apparently that doesnt resonate with everyone... so, let he who is without sin cast the 1st stone at MJ... and Judge Not Lest Ye Be Judged

RIP MJ
Amazing what the power of money can do.

devilgear

Honestly his talent was eclipsed by his child molestation issues...i have kids and it makes me sick to think that he could get away with that...Jury of his peers? Who the hell would that be? He just bought his way out of that trouble...I have no respect for him or his ways...

SeattleCharger

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

greenpigs

He had talent as an entertainer and i'll leave it at that.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Hemidog

Just woke up, and this is all over the news.
As greenpigs said, he was a great entertainer.
Glad I didn't waste my money on a ticket for that show, many of my friends had bought tickets, travel and hotel.

police1

hemi68charger

Man,,, first David Carradine, Ed McMahon, then yesterday Farrah and Michael...... Regardless of his eccentric life,, I liked Michael, he was a musical genius.

RIP to all......   :engel016: :engel016: :engel016: :engel016:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Old Moparz

Quote from: Tilar on June 25, 2009, 05:16:43 PM
Quote from: Old Moparz on June 25, 2009, 04:55:45 PM

Probably a stubbed toe.

Hell I'll take that bet just because a cold one is involved...Doesn't matter who buys.  :smilielol:

Find me at Carlisle, looks like I owe you one.  :cheers:

As for his death, I'm not bothered by it, makes no difference to me. That doesn't mean I wished him harm, but his track record of being a freak made his life difficult & there's nobody to blame but himself. Same as Elvis or any other entertainer or celebrity, they're in it for attention, & then can't deal with it when they get it.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

twenty mike mike

He was going to Penny's this weekend for the big sale...he heard boys' underpants were half off.    :smilielol:

So he was going to have this big comeback tour to refill his bank account. Despite getting $12 mil a year in album sales and selling off his Beatles copyrights, he was still deeply in debt. I guess paying off all those parents of his overnight "guests" is expensive. Here's an idea to get some spare change for the estate. Send him on tour anyway...there are county fairs going on all over the country...send him to those and stick him in with the freak shows, and watch the money roll in!  :nana:

Todd Wilson

Due to the fact that Michael Jackson is 99% plastic he will be melted down into Lego Blocks so little kids will be able to play with him for a change!

:lol:

Todd

Magnumcharger

Here's a pic of MJ I photoshopped a few years back.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Brock Samson

Quote from: hemi68charger on June 26, 2009, 08:06:53 AM
Man,,, first David Carradine, Ed McMahon, then yesterday Farrah and Michael...... Regardless of his eccentric life,, I liked Michael, he was a musical genius.

RIP to all......   :engel016: :engel016: :engel016: :engel016:

All Due Respect,..
How do you figgure he was a "Musical genius"?..
great "Dancer" sure,.. Entertainer o.k.
But come on now,..  :smilielol:

73chgrSE

Quote from: Todd Wilson on June 26, 2009, 10:34:07 AM
Due to the fact that Michael Jackson is 99% plastic he will be melted down into Lego Blocks so little kids will be able to play with him for a change!

:lol:

Todd

That's classic.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722