News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

JEEP... No 2009 SRT-8's

Started by aone415, June 23, 2009, 10:18:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aone415

So, I'm thinking about a new car and want the Grand Cherokee SRT-8. I'm on the fence about whether to get e used on (2007 or 2008) or get a new one. So I go to the Jeep website and notice that they're offering $8,500 in incentives on 2009 SRT-8! I build mine online and come up with an MSRP of 44K - 8500 = 35,500 before negotiation... I send for a quote and get this:

Hello Adrian,

No I don't think we could find one. You could order one, but we have no idea when it might show up for the following reasons:

1) Chrysler shut down it's production lines while they were going through the reorganization

2) When they restart, the question is what will they begin with? Will they go for general production because dealers will be so far behind in their order's? Will they pick-up where they left off. Will they discontinue some models? We just don't know at this time.

I am told we will take an order and submit it if the customer does not have an issue with the delivery time.

We are all a bit in the dark on this one. I doubt that a significant number of made for stock GC SRT's were even made. I would suspect the one that were shipped were special orders placed earlier. That's assumption.

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

Just 6T9 CHGR

When my lease is up on my Daytona, I'd like to look into getting a used one of those....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

keepat

There maybe a new body style for the 2010 Cherokee. I was looking into getting a SRT/8 for my wife and my dealer told me to hold off till next year.
Pat   

69 OUR/TEA

I actually like those alot,went and built one on the website,how did you see 8,500 in incentives,I only came up with 4,500.

bull

Buy a used one. You lose too much money on a new purchase anyway.

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: bull on June 24, 2009, 02:27:51 PM

Not if you keep it forever!!!LOL

Foreman72

i think they look sweet as all get out...i'd love to get one someday...not for regular jeep activities however, just for looking mean :coolgleamA:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

bull

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on June 24, 2009, 07:55:04 PM

Not if you keep it forever!!!LOL

Right. In that case you just pay too much.

451-74Charger

I have an 05 hemi, and that scoots, now an SRT8 would be nicer, but wouldnt make a good off roader

aone415

Bull in normal circumstances I'd agree 120% with you... but for the purpose of buying any SRT product used I'm only gonna agree 80% with you because SRT cars and trucks are often abused by over-zealous street racers that try to kill the cars and usually dont maintain them well.  As a result I'd have to find one that's "Certified" by a Jeep/Dodge/Chrysler dealer.  Secondly, the price on a used SRT approaches that of a new one... The same dealer that sent me that email offered me a 2006 GC SRT-8 with 33,000 miles for $33K... :slap:

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

bull

Quote from: aone415 on June 25, 2009, 10:46:25 AM

Bull in normal circumstances I'd agree 120% with you... but for the purpose of buying any SRT product used I'm only gonna agree 80% with you because SRT cars and trucks are often abused by over-zealous street racers that try to kill the cars and usually dont maintain them well.  As a result I'd have to find one that's "Certified" by a Jeep/Dodge/Chrysler dealer.  Secondly, the price on a used SRT approaches that of a new one... The same dealer that sent me that email offered me a 2006 GC SRT-8 with 33,000 miles for $33K... :slap:

I don't really agree with that because as always it depends on the owner. Someone can neglect a 6 cyl Jeep just as much as the next guy can abuse an SRT8. Abuse and neglect has never stopped any one of us from buying an R/T Charger but I understand your point. Anyway, it's a moot point since they aren't going to make them. I'm just saying I'd sooner buy an SRT8 Jeep that was rodded a little but well-maintained over a base model Jeep that someone carried wet dogs and fast food wrappers around in.

69 OUR/TEA

Just out of curiosity I looked up some used SRT GC's,for 07,08's,they are ranging from 28K (30K miles or so),to 33K w/13-19k miles.
  Used car rates around 8%,compared to a new SRT GC at 2.9%,one that I built online was MSRP 45K - the 4,500 in current incentives drops it to 40,200.The 7K diff would be minimal comparing the two diff % rates.
  For me,I like getting them new,don't know wether it's the fact nobody beat on them,getting to be the original owner or just that noone else farted in the seats before.
  But I do agree,and as I have told people before,think long and hard about purchasing new,if you keep it forever or a very long period,you feel you get your moneys worth out of it,but if you keep it for only 2-3 years and decide to get rid of it,boy do you (usually)get slammed on the resale/trade in.It is amazing that a 3-4 year old car/truck is about half price from when new,not to mention when they come out with killer incentives or employee pricing for new ones,man does it drive down your ride even more.