News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Just saw an older movie, it was great!

Started by BIRD67, June 25, 2009, 12:42:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BIRD67

Last Thursday, I stayed up until 1:30 in the morning watching a movie called 'A Perfect World' , if you haven't seen this movie you are missing out! Clint Eastwood is in it, but he is not the main character, and I think that's what makesa the movie so different.. It thakes place around 1965 I believe and it was really touching, however the ending is somewhat expected, but it is still sad enough to bring a tear or two.. If you haven't seen this movie you are really missing out! There is a good amount of cars used in the movie and the cop cars usually consist of 1962 Plymouths and Chevrolets..
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

R.I.P. Matthew Fraser 4/30/10

Charger_Fan

Of course it's a good movie, Clint's in it! :icon_smile_cool:
Yes I'm a fan, I'll spare you the guesswork. :D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

BIRD67

I agree! If there was anybody in the world I could meet, it would be him, he's such a badass!
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

mikepmcs

If you hadn't seen perfect world, then I'm guessing you haven't seen quite a few more Clint movies that need to be watched immediately.  With the exception of Bronco Billy(and that really wasn't that bad), everything the man does is mint!

Here is your mandatory watch list to be completed at your leisure.  :2thumbs:

Blood Work, Hang Em High, The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, High Plains Drifter, Coogans Bluff, The Beguiled, Absolute Power, In the Line of Fire, The Rookie, Unforgiven,Where Eagles Dare, Kelly's Heroes, Play Misty For Me, The Eiger Sanction, The Outlaw Josey Wales, Escape From Alcatraz, The Gauntlet, ....I could go on all day but this should get you through the weekend. :icon_smile_cool:

Report back and I'll give you some more. :2thumbs:

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

BIRD67

Quote from: mikepmcs on June 26, 2009, 05:43:32 AM
If you hadn't seen perfect world, then I'm guessing you haven't seen quite a few more Clint movies that need to be watched immediately.  With the exception of Bronco Billy(and that really wasn't that bad), everything the man does is mint!

Here is your mandatory watch list to be completed at your leisure.  :2thumbs:

Blood Work, Hang Em High, The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, High Plains Drifter, Coogans Bluff, The Beguiled, Absolute Power, In the Line of Fire, The Rookie, Unjforgiven,Where Eagles Dare, Kelly's Heroes, Play Misty For Me, The Eiger Sanction, The Outlaw Josey Wales, Escape From Alcatraz, The Gauntlet, ....I could go on all day but this should get you through the weekend. :icon_smile_cool:

Hello Mike, I have seen all of the Dirty Harry movies, Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, Gran Torino, A Perfect World, Escape from Alcatraz, The Good the Bad and The Ugly, Hang 'em High...I could probably list more but I'm a lazy SOB :P Everything he does is just amazing!

MoparSam

Definitely don't forget about Palerider. I think it's one of the best of Clint's westerns.
'68 Charger R/T 440
'74 D-100 Adventurer 318
'75 Ramcharger 360 4x4 4 Speed
'78 Ramcharger 360 4x4 4 Speed
'67 Dart GT (Soon 440)
'05 Ram 1500 4.7
1/2 '71 Dart

Shakey

What about the Bridges of Madison County?   :shruggy:

Silver R/T

His last movie -- Gran Torino is definitely a must see
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

rav440

Quote from: BIRD67 on June 26, 2009, 10:48:35 AM
If you hadn't seen perfect world, then I'm guessing you haven't seen quite a few more Clint movies that need to be watched immediately.  With the exception of Bronco Billy(and that really wasn't that bad), everything the man does is mint!

Here is your mandatory watch list to be completed at your leisure.  :2thumbs:

Blood Work, Hang Em High, The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, High Plains Drifter, Coogans Bluff, The Beguiled, Absolute Power, In the Line of Fire, The Rookie, Unjforgiven,Where Eagles Dare, Kelly's Heroes, Play Misty For Me, The Eiger Sanction, The Outlaw Josey Wales, Escape From Alcatraz, The Gauntlet, ....I could go on all day but this should get you through the weekend. :icon_smile_cool:

Hello Mike, I have seen all of the Dirty Harry movies, Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, Gran Torino, A Perfect World, Escape from Alcatraz, The Good the Bad and The Ugly, Hang 'em High...I could probably list more but I'm a lazy SOB :P Everything he does is just amazing!

i like CLINT and im  big fan . but i wouldnt go as far to say everything he does is amazing . he stared in and made quite a few flops in he time , PAINT YOUR WAGON is first on the list BRONCO BILLY is second PINK CADILLAC is 3rd there are a few others but i cant think of them .
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

rav440

1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

OldGuy

If you hadn't seen perfect world, then I'm guessing you haven't seen quite a few more Clint movies that need to be watched immediately.  With the exception of Bronco Billy(and that really wasn't that bad), everything the man does is mint!

Here is your mandatory watch list to be completed at your leisure.  :2thumbs:

Blood Work, Hang Em High, The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, High Plains Drifter, Coogans Bluff, The Beguiled, Absolute Power, In the Line of Fire, The Rookie, Unforgiven,Where Eagles Dare, Kelly's Heroes, Play Misty For Me, The Eiger Sanction, The Outlaw Josey Wales, Escape From Alcatraz, The Gauntlet, ....I could go on all day but this should get you through the weekend. :icon_smile_cool:

I can't believe you didn't list any of his "Dirty Harry" series :icon_smile_cool:  Just watched Dirty Harry on TV last night.  It "Made My Day"  PUNK!!
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

mikepmcs

I figured those were a requirement just being a member of the human race,  so I didn't think I needed to mention them. ;D

John_Kunkel

Quote from: MoparSam on June 26, 2009, 11:26:04 AM
Definitely don't forget about Palerider. I think it's one of the best of Clint's westerns.

Agreed, watch it and then right after that watch Shane with Alan Ladd.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

dkn1997

The gauntlet was such a good movie. 

everyone loves to quote "go ahead, make my day" but one of my favorite all time dirty harry lines is right before that when he surprises them and tells them to drop their guns   "wer'e not just gonna let you walk outta here" of course they ask "who's we?" classic response:  "smith, wesson....and me" 
RECHRGED

mikepmcs

Yup that's a classic line as well.  "Go ahead make my day" is actually in the top 100 quotes of all time(top 10 actually).  It was said in Sudden Impact when Harry goes into the diner to get a coffee.  It gets held up, he dispatches all but one of the robbers and the robber takes the waitress hostage and threatens to shoot her.  Harry points the .44 magnum right in the guys face and says the now famous line "Go ahead, make my day"

He says it again at the end of the movie as well but slightly changed to "come on, make my day"

There is a law that is called the "make my day law" and it protects people when they use deadly force when someone enters their home, etc.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Make_My_Day_Law

One of my all time favorite DH lines comes from the movie "Dirty Harry"

I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

Clint Eastwood is a god and I hope he lives forever! :2thumbs:

Time to fire up the Dirty Harry series, it's been a while..

elanmars

thunderbolt and lightfoot!! great film.
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

Slantback_66

How can you guys leave off "Every which way but loose"  and Every which way you can"

"Right turn clyde"

John
1966 Dodge Charger 440

Ponch ®

I gotta admit..."Million Dollar Baby" made my eyes watery....

"Space Cowboys" is underrated as both an adventure/action flick and a comedy.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Old Moparz

Quote from: Ponch ® on July 13, 2009, 11:27:29 PM
I gotta admit..."Million Dollar Baby" made my eyes watery....

"Space Cowboys" is underrated as both an adventure/action flick and a comedy.

Those were both really good flicks.   :2thumbs:

Just a funny side note, I saw "Million Dollar Baby" on DVD when it was still in the theaters. My Mom was up visiting me & shows up with a bag of bootleg DVD's she bought for $5 a piece at the bingo hall.  :smilielol:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0048092/

Anyone ever see some of Clint's first movies?  :lol:  He had a small part in one of the Frances the Talking Mule flicks.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

chargergirl

Quote from: Silver R/T on June 26, 2009, 02:08:39 PM
His last movie -- Gran Torino is definitely a must see
Really good movie! One of those got to see types!
Trust your Woobie!

SeattleCharger

If you haven't seen Unforgiven,  I know Mike mentioned it, was a four star movie, won award for best picture? etc.
   Clints best topping off of all his western movie history.  and morgan freeman is in it, and jean hackman,  :2thumbs:

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Old Moparz

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on July 21, 2009, 10:20:23 PM
If you haven't seen Unforgiven,  I know Mike mentioned it, was a four star movie, won award for best picture? etc.
   Clints best topping off of all his western movie history.  and morgan freeman is in it, and jean hackman,  :2thumbs:

It was a good movie, but I had hoped it would have been even better based on all the hype & that fact it won the Academy Award for best picture that year. I still thought The Outlaw Josey Wales was better.  :Twocents:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

moparstuart

Quote from: Old Moparz on July 22, 2009, 01:29:47 PM

It was a good movie, but I had hoped it would have been even better based on all the hype & that fact it won the Academy Award for best picture that year. I still thought The Outlaw Josey Wales was better.  :Twocents:
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: outlaw was great ,  unforgiven was just alittle to dark for my taste
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

SeattleCharger

Quote from: moparstuart on July 22, 2009, 01:36:46 PM
Quote from: Old Moparz on July 22, 2009, 01:29:47 PM
If you haven't seen Unforgiven,  I know Mike mentioned it, was a four star movie, won award for best picture? etc.
  Clints best topping off of all his western movie history.  and morgan freeman is in it, and jean hackman,  :2thumbs:

It was a good movie, but I had hoped it would have been even better based on all the hype & that fact it won the Academy Award for best picture that year. I still thought The Outlaw Josey Wales was better.  :Twocents:
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: outlaw was great ,  unforgiven was just alittle to dark for my taste

they are all good,  heh    the good, bad,  high  planes drifter, etc.  
      I kinda liked unforgiven though, how clint had changed his ways, but when things happened to his friend, and he went back at end?  and how the young kid told clint how he felt about what he did, and clint told the kid how it was . . .      (don't want to give away story)  I liked the ending of it, as he rode out of town in the rain,    he was a real SOB,  don't mess with him         and the writer asking about firing order, and gene hackman talking to writer, that was cool stuff

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.