News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Six Way Seat - Yes or No?

Started by Neal_J, June 24, 2009, 06:32:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neal_J

I have an opportunity to pick up a six way driver's seat for my 69 at a fairly reasonably cost. 

If you have one, do you like it?   Would you added it, would you do it again, now that you've experienced it?

Just curious...

tan top

looking for one my self  :yesnod:  well as soon as i get some spare dough  :brickwall:   
............ :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

moparjohn

I have it, can't imagine driving without it!
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

Just 6T9 CHGR

I have one as well....I like the extra height it offers.  I never move it to any of the other "ways" though
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Armudster

It's a nice option and I'm sure would enjoy havind one!!!!!!!!!

BB1

Delete my profile

Neal_J

I thought it would be kinda cool to have in general but particularly for the ability to raise the seat up so my 14 year old can see over the dash when Dad gives him driving lessons...

Shhh, don't tell anyone!~

kab69440

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on June 25, 2009, 02:25:35 AM
I have one as well....I like the extra height it offers.  I never move it to any of the other "ways" though

If I installed one upside-down, could I get the seat a bit lower? That would be a great help if it worked...
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Landonsrt

I like mine in my silverado. Only problem is if my wife changes it. Its a pain in the ass to get it set back like I had it since it has no memory option.

Dodge Don

I'd say yes. I have it for my 70.

Neal_J

All:

I have the seat frame, but I'm not sure it works.  The tall knob, controlling, the forward/aft, seems OK but the flat knob appears not to work.  How does the mechanism operate?

Just 6T9 CHGR

The other knob controls the tilt mechanism....it is sort of a ratcheting effect.  You can make the rear of the seat dip down or the front of the seat raise up by either pushing down or pulling up on the lever.

You might have to adjust it while you are off the seat....weight on the seat might make it hard to adjust

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Neal_J

Thanks Chris.  Looks like a pic from Nick's 6-way site!~

I fiddled with it a bit more and the tilt mechanism seems a bit stuck.  Ideally I'd bead-blast & repaint before installing it.  However, to get it installed & working this weekend (forecasted to be warm & sunny in NorCal), I think I will hit it with some WD-40 overnight & use my weighty posterior to wiggle it loose once installed tomorrow. 

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Neal_J on June 26, 2009, 05:35:42 PM
Thanks Chris.  Looks like a pic from Nick's 6-way site!~

Yep it is....its a pic of my track I sent him to use  :coolgleamA:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Neal_J

Damn, you are the coolest ever!~

Charger-Bodie

My Charger has one and I love it.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Brock Samson

(cept for that freakin orange four door)

mikepmcs

Quote from: Brock Samson on June 26, 2009, 08:42:15 PM

edit, just figured out the fastest way to read those little words.  Hit the quote button and they show up bigger than life. :2thumbs:

Hey, I may be slow.....but at least i'm stupid. :icon_smile_cool: :P
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

mikepmcs

Blasphemer!  You know that car is mint!

Yes to the original question.  Wish I had 2 of those, one for the Coronet and the Charger.  I can barely see over the dash in the Coronet. :lol: 
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Brock Samson on June 26, 2009, 08:42:15 PM

Now, now Brocky....you dont see me hatin' against your pimptastic tiger-striped seat covers now do ya Tony?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Brock Samson

Now don't be hatin Jus
Cause that's how I roll,..

Where's Bull at?..  :RantExplode:

BROCK

I have the 6 way in my 70.  Much better than the standard seat I had in my 1st 70 :2thumbs:

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

Neal_J

Well, I finally installed the 6-way seat last night (on my non-existent car, Jeff & Skip!).  The lubrication helped some but at some future point, I should yank it, bead blast, paint, lubricate & reinstall.  Yea, someday.  But for now, it's in.

Anyway, it looks cool and it works OK.  Yet, I'm a bit disappointed, mostly in my own ignorance.  I'd ASS-umed that 6 way meant:  front(1) & back(2), up(3) & down(4) & tilt back(5) & forth(6).  However, and as Chris pointed out above, the six-way just adds the ability tilt to the standard track's back/forth movement.  I was hoping for, and most interested in, the ability to move the seat up & down - primarily to raise the seat as I teach my kids to drive.  I'm still perplexed at why it's called a 6-way seat when its seems more 4-way but whatever.

Oh well, I got a good deal on the part (I still can't believe the ones I saw go for north of $600) and, even with this hindsight, I'd do it again.  

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on June 25, 2009, 02:25:35 AM
:iagree:

Love it.  Never move it, but love it.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

redfourjohnd

I had a six way seat in my 69 R/T. It was great, and you could get the seat higher by setting the front and rear tilt at their max. It's been a while since I sold that car so maybe my memory is wrong, but I think I've got it right.

Lean the seat all the way back and then try to hop your butt a little when you do the rear tilt forward. I'm tall so when I would set it that way in my car I'd almost rub my head on the headliner.

Thanks,

John D
First car: 1969 Charger R/T 440 4 barrel 3.91 rear- sold it like a dummy.

Current Mopars:

1968 Charger Slant Six A833 OD
1976 Ramcharger 400 4WD
1962 Valiant 170 2 door post
1962 Valiant 225 Signet
1962 Valiant 225 Signet junker car-but it has a brand new rebuilt 225 in it :-))
1962 Lancer parts car

BROCK

Yep it's really more of a duel tilt f & r only.

Let's see
F up R up
F up R mid
F up R dn
F mid R up
F mid R mid
F mid R dn
F dn R up
F dn R mid
f dn R dn

OK:  I'm just messing with you.

6 ways are foward & back (all seats have that)  Front up & down + Back up & down :2thumbs:

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

Neal_J

Gotcha.  The tilt mechanism is working smoothly.  Time to bead blast!~

Thanks~!