News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

pics of your garages insides... post up!

Started by Brock Samson, November 17, 2005, 11:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

Quote from: FJMG on July 16, 2009, 12:15:05 PM
Quote from: Magnumcharger on July 15, 2009, 06:25:26 PM
a building exactly like yours would cost DOUBLE the money.
And I have no idea why that is. :shruggy:

Part of the reason Magnumcharger is that the same building up here would never stand the snowloading. The steel that I see in Allen's bldg would just about have to be doubled up here. Not to mention the foundation req'ts!

The second is our tax rates (Fed., Prov., municipal, etc.), some people do not realize that if I want to pay my employees $25.00/hr I need to charge $42.00/hr to the customer just to break even! Just wait untill some of the reg's from Ont. reach the rest of the country, where you would have to charge an additional $12.00 - $20.00/hr.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Magnumcharger

Part of the reason Magnumcharger is that the same building up here would never stand the snowloading. The steel that I see in Allen's bldg would just about have to be doubled up here. Not to mention the foundation req'ts!

The second is our tax rates (Fed., Prov., municipal, etc.), some people do not realize that if I want to pay my employees $25.00/hr I need to charge $42.00/hr to the customer just to break even! Just wait untill some of the reg's from Ont. reach the rest of the country, where you would have to charge an additional $12.00 - $20.00/hr.

Once again, we Canadians are paying more.
I understand the engineering requirements, but it seems at times we're getting shafted on the purchase of most everything.
If you're paying your laborers $25/hr, you're very generous. I know my Brother-in-law (a general contractor) pays his crewmen $14-16/hr, and they're happy to get it.
Of course, that is in the "have-not" maritimes.
I'll never understand why a new Dodge Challenger, built in Canada, costs more to buy - in Canada! (As a for instance).
I've got a quote coming on a steel building.
The biggest cost difference will be the insulation factor and the radiant in-floor heating.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

moparstuart

Quote from: Magnumcharger on July 16, 2009, 01:07:06 PM

Once again, we Canadians are paying more.
I understand the engineering requirements, but it seems at times we're getting shafted on the purchase of most everything.
If you're paying your laborers $25/hr, you're very generous. I know my Brother-in-law (a general contractor) pays his crewmen $14-16/hr, and they're happy to get it.
Of course, that is in the "have-not" maritimes.
I'll never understand why a new Dodge Challenger, built in Canada, costs more to buy - in Canada! (As a for instance).
I've got a quote coming on a steel building.
The biggest cost difference will be the insulation factor and the radiant in-floor heating.
but you have health care  LOL   sorry  :smilielol: :D :D :D :D
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Magnumcharger

I gotta admit...the healthcare is a plus. For instance: it cost me $0 for the hospital stay each time when my kids were born. :nana:

On the downside...we have to insulate the shit out of our houses, shops and ourselves when it gets cold. Which definitely costs.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Tilar

Here's a "during the build" and as they are finishing up. 34 x 64. 6 inches of insulation in the walls and attic. 6 inch concrete with fiber. Insulated doors and windows.  Easy to heat in the winter and it stays cool in the summer as long as I don't leave the door open very long.

And here's an "After it's full and thinking of adding another 20' on the end" If I do, the add on will strictly be for cars....With a lift.  :drool5:

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

PocketThunder

Quote from: Tilar on July 16, 2009, 03:52:44 PM
Here's a "during the build" and as they are finishing up. 34 x 64. 8 inches of insulation in the walls and attic. 6 inch concrete with fiber. Insulated doors and windows.  Easy to heat in the winter and it stays cool in the summer as long as I don't leave the door open very long.

Thats a nice space Tilar, how do you like the radiant heat from the ceiling as compared to an infloor heat system?  When i designed my Dads shop 10 years ago the architect i hired for assistance was adamant about radiant ceiling heat and we went with infloor instead.   :Twocents:  Best thing we ever did.

Paul
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Tilar

I can't compare the two because I've never had any experience with floor heat. As far as the ceiling heat that I have, I love it. Everything in the building is the same temperature. During the winter I set the thermostats at 50 unless I know I'm going to be working in there, and then I'll turn it up to 60ish. I can be on a creeper and work in a T-shirt regardless of the outside temps.  The only drawback that I can see that the floor heat may have over it is working under them when they are running and even then it isn't too hot. I think my ceiling is 13 foot.

The best thing we did was put that white siding on the inside. That really makes a lot of difference.
Dave  

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: Tilar on July 17, 2009, 04:05:32 AM
I can't compare the two because I've never had any experience with floor heat. As far as the ceiling heat that I have, I love it. Everything in the building is the same temperature. During the winter I set the thermostats at 50 unless I know I'm going to be working in there, and then I'll turn it up to 60ish. I can be on a creeper and work in a T-shirt regardless of the outside temps.  The only drawback that I can see that the floor heat may have over it is working under them when they are running and even then it isn't too hot. I think my ceiling is 13 foot.

The best thing we did was put that white siding on the inside. That really makes a lot of difference.

I have radiant floor heat in my garage,it's not ever going to feel hot as the water that runs thru it is only 80-85 degrees.I set my slab temp at 57 degrees and at that it is totally comfortable in there.You walk in from the outside on a 10 degree day,it's like you hit a wall of warmth!!!!! Never mind the high efficiency of it,and the good it does to keep vehicles at a controlled temp(no cold start-ups,not draining on the batterys,etc).One of the best things I put into my addition!!!!!

Tilar

Thats pretty cool. The overhead can get a little warm when it's running and you stand under it, but not bad. That's where I figured the floor heat would have the advantage. I'm not sure how the operating cost would compare between the two.
Dave  

69 OUR/TEA

Don't know how much the overhead runs,but in the floor,knowing I was going to do it,I made my slab 6'' think as the more concrete you heat up the longer it holds it.When t-stat is called upon the system runs for maybe 5-8 minutes and stays off for as long as 5-6 hours.There's your effieciency.

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: Devil on July 14, 2009, 10:48:41 PM
I work for a company that sells anything you need for garages.

www.carguygarage.com

Here's my garage as of today.

Ryan

I get the e-mail newsletter from your company. Some pretty good deals, but I need to clear out some stuff before I could organize the garage.
I'll have to get a current pic for this thread.

Tilar

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on July 17, 2009, 12:30:57 PM
Don't know how much the overhead runs,but in the floor,knowing I was going to do it,I made my slab 6'' think as the more concrete you heat up the longer it holds it.When t-stat is called upon the system runs for maybe 5-8 minutes and stays off for as long as 5-6 hours.There's your effieciency.

That's pretty damn efficient. :lol: Mine doesn't really run that long at any one time, but it still probably averages over $100 a month to heat using propane.
Dave  

694spdRT

Here are some pics of our setup. The main building is 108' x 60', it has a seperate hoist/workshop, welding room, heated showroom, bathroom, rear storage for cars, and loft area for parts storage. The 2nd building is 86' x 28' for car storage, etc., small open shed for the trailers, and recently added another two buildings to the south that are 96' x 30' and 100' x 50'. Both of these are rented out to others right now.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

694spdRT

Few pics inside.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto

Foreman72

Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Back N Black

PocketThunder

Quote from: 694spdRT on July 20, 2009, 11:21:33 AM
Few pics inside.

Ty what do you do?  I thought you were in some other business, not a restoration shop?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

694spdRT

Quote from: PocketThunder on July 20, 2009, 01:09:29 PM
Quote from: 694spdRT on July 20, 2009, 11:21:33 AM
Few pics inside.

Ty what do you do?  I thought you were in some other business, not a restoration shop?

You remember right, we are in the apartment business to pay the bills. This building is just for our junk. The building was bought about 7 years ago from a contractor that retired. We have redid everything inside and out for working on and storing cars.  We just finished up the rear storage area this year.

This should be the permanent new home for my Charger now.  :yesnod:
1968 Charger 383 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto

LoneStar Mopar

694spdRT, That is one impressive collection and shop! Apartment business huh. I think it is safe to assume you aeren't the maintenance guy.

694spdRT

Quote from: LoneStar Mopar on July 20, 2009, 02:39:55 PM
694spdRT, That is one impressive collection and shop! Apartment business huh. I think it is safe to assume you aeren't the maintenance guy.

Thanks.

I am not directly in the maintenance now but use to be when I was in high school. It is a family run business and we have about 70 people that work on the sites and 15 in the office. I think I have mentioned before that this car collection was mostly bought by my father back when things were much easier and cheaper to buy. Over 30 years you can collect a lot of stuff.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto

Charger_Fan

Man-oh-man, that is just to cool...a real thing of beauty, I tell ya! :drool5: Looks like a slice of heaven right there, thanks for sharing the pics. :cheers:

I hope you guys have a fire sprinkler system from hell in there. I'm not trying to jinx you, but the last thing in the world I want to hear is that...well...you know. :-\ :bawling:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

LoneStar Mopar

694spdRT, Seems like all of the great collections were built back in the day when the cars were just "used". Too bad used cars in my generation are still going to be junk when they are 30-60 years old.

bearbqd

Man oh man, I am trying real hard to uphold the commandment that says "Do not covet your neighbor's garage", but dang 694spdRT.....that is Awesome. Some of you other guys with those huge set ups too. I long for the day when I can have such spacious accommodations for my beloved old iron. Kudos to you guys. :2thumbs:
73 Cuda 440/500hp
71 Javelin in progress

TheAutoArchaeologist

Cool, just let me know.  We sell a little bit of it all!

Garage as of an hour ago...

Ryan