News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

hood and trunk latch finish + side marker brackets.

Started by roger440, June 14, 2009, 02:51:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roger440

Slowly restoring the various small items to go back on the car, but got a couple of items im not sure of the original finish.

Can anyone help?

These are the parts:

The hood latch arrangement.
The hood catch ( the loop ) looks to have been body colour.
The trunk latch (part that bolts to the trunk lid.
Side marker retaining brackets,
1969 Dodge Charger RT/SE
1970 Plymouth Roadrunner - SOLD
2017 HSV Maloo
2003 Holden SS Ute
1970 Triumph 2000 Estate, fitted Rover V8
1961 Standard Atlas
1980 Triumph Dolomite Sprint
1974 Triumph Stag
2003 Subaru Forester

maxwellwedge

roger440

1969 Dodge Charger RT/SE
2017 HSV Maloo
2003 Holden SS Ute
1961 Standard Atlas
1974 Triumph Stag
2003 Subaru Forester

roger440

1969 Dodge Charger RT/SE
2017 HSV Maloo
2003 Holden SS Ute
1961 Standard Atlas
1974 Triumph Stag
2003 Subaru Forester

maxwellwedge

Quote from: roger440 on June 14, 2009, 02:51:26 PM
Slowly restoring the various small items to go back on the car, but got a couple of items im not sure of the original finish.

Can anyone help?

These are the parts:

Ok - I asked the plant because I see a difference in the way Lynch paints the trunk catch compared to St. Louis. So - throw that out the window!  :icon_smile_big:

The only 69 Chargers I have are Daytona's so they dont count as most of that stuff was messed with by Creative. My 70 Charger is apart and at the Resto shop so that one is off the list. The hood latch is a funny finish - somewhere between Zinc Phosphate and Black Zinc. There are a couple people around that do a nice job with them. Google julesdawiperman (Jules the wiper man).

The hood catch loop and bolts I believe is painted body color - I'll check my non-Hamtram cars for fun.

Side marker retaining brackets - I have seen gold zinc, silver zinc and tin plated (galvanized look). I'll check my Daytona's The rears would be original and I suspect the original fronts were re-installed into the Daytona fenders. Can you tell from your original stuff?

roger440

Quote from: maxwellwedge on June 17, 2009, 06:52:29 PM
Quote from: roger440 on June 14, 2009, 02:51:26 PM

Can anyone help?

These are the parts:

Ok - I asked the plant because I see a difference in the way Lynch paints the trunk catch compared to St. Louis. So - throw that out the window!  :icon_smile_big:

The only 69 Chargers I have are Daytona's so they dont count as most of that stuff was messed with by Creative. My 70 Charger is apart and at the Resto shop so that one is off the list. The hood latch is a funny finish - somewhere between Zinc Phosphate and Black Zinc. There are a couple people around that do a nice job with them. Google julesdawiperman (Jules the wiper man).

The hood catch loop and bolts I believe is painted body color - I'll check my non-Hamtram cars for fun.

Side marker retaining brackets - I have seen gold zinc, silver zinc and tin plated (galvanized look). I'll check my Daytona's The rears would be original and I suspect the original fronts were re-installed into the Daytona fenders. Can you tell from your original stuff?

Cool. The original sider marker brackets "may" have been silver zinc, but the amount of rust made that difficult to tell. The hood latch was painted blue and removal of the paint revealed just bare metal.
1969 Dodge Charger RT/SE
2017 HSV Maloo
2003 Holden SS Ute
1961 Standard Atlas
1974 Triumph Stag
2003 Subaru Forester

maxwellwedge

I had a look at my Daytona rear marker brackets. They have a galvanized look but may be tin plated. The tin plate looks similar to galvanizing but toned down a little. I'll check the fronts today.

roger440

1969 Dodge Charger RT/SE
2017 HSV Maloo
2003 Holden SS Ute
1961 Standard Atlas
1974 Triumph Stag
2003 Subaru Forester