News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what does this rotor fit

Started by tims68charger, June 29, 2009, 04:41:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tims68charger

i have a friend who bought a 67 charger a few years ago.he wants to replace the rotors,someone did a disc brake swap sometime ago.the rotor has a factory penstar on it with W3 in a little square,the penstar with 746 and 2904 in another square.no dealers around here have the books so i'm asking for some help from anyone on the site.thanks,tom

bull

It's probably either a 11.75" or 10.87" diameter if it's the more common swap so that would probably tell you what you want to know. Does it all look like factory stuff?

tims68charger

it's a factory rotor,it measures 10 1/2 inches.what he needs to know what car it came from.we went to auto zone and they had one from a 74 fury but it measures 11 1/2" across.hopefully someone can tell what car it came from from the part numbers.

bordin34

You could try one from a 73 Charger, just check it against your current one to make sure..

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

John_Kunkel

A 10 1/2" rotor? I don't think Mopar ever made one that small on RWD cars.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

tims68charger

thats what it measures.auto zone had a couple different ones in stock but they were 11 1/2" or the had a taller or shorter hub.thats why i'm hoping someone could identify the numbers as to what car they came from.

Ghoste

bull

I would ask to see one off the shelf that's for, say, a '73 Dart and measure it. Like JK said, I don't know of anything from Mopar that's 10.5"

deputycrawford

Check NAPA for part numbers. They use 4 digit numbers for some of their brake stuff. Check into scarebird.com for the conversion kits. They give a parts list of factory brake rotors, calipers, hoses, bearings, the whole works. They might even have a ton of info if you call them on the phone. Good luck, I'm probably buying the Scarebird kit when I get my engine back from the builder this month. Let us know what you find.

Jerry
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

Musicman

67 Chargers were available with disc brakes, but they had an 11" rotor... Part #2823284
There are some rotors listed with 2904 in the part number sequence, but they are from 1970-72  :shruggy:

tims68charger

do you know what cars came with that rotor.thanks,tom