News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hood mounted turn signals on a 69'

Started by Pyper70, June 30, 2009, 08:30:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pyper70

How do remove the bulbs from the housing? I remember my 70 Charger had a thumbnut on it and they would slide right out, these look corroded and I think its causing me a ground issue.

Thanks
1969 Charger R/T, Dual Quad 440/727/GearVendors w/3.55s

Just 6T9 CHGR

The bulbs/sockets just pull out of the housing....they are an interference fit....

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

twodko

Mine were also corroded...couldn't get the bulbs out. I soaked them in PB Blaster over a couple days and just gently worked them until they came free. Be careful you don't break anything, I'm not sure you can buy any little parts for these assemblies except the gaskets (YearOne & expensive). The full kits as pictured in "NOT Just 6T9 CHGR" thread are well over $200. After I worked mine loose I wire brushed the housing sockets and the lamp barrels clean and shiny. I applied some Dielectric to both parts after replacing the bulbs and reinstalled. Good luck

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!