News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Had my R/T out this week-end...

Started by richRTSE, June 22, 2009, 12:39:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richRTSE

Had my '69 R/T out this weekend, and while we were on our way to my daughter's soccer tournament in Avon Lake, Ohio I saw this in my review mirror on I-480 at the Stearns Rd exit. We went in different directions, so I never got to talk to the owner. It was B5 (or maybe B3?) with a white stripe. I'm pretty sure the car belongs to one of the local news casters in the area, and I believe it is a clone. My wife only got one picture, but it was a nice looking car.  :drool5: Anyone know the car/owner?

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

hemi68charger

Cool image in the rear view mirror............... Wow !!!!   :2thumbs:  I bet that was an eye-opener when you looked in your mirror and low and behold, a Daytona behind ya.
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

pettybird

so dumb question which car is yours?  i can't tell by color.  I live at 480 and Tiedeman rd with the blue Superbirds.

the car is definitely a clone and it's done well.  I don't think the guy's a newscaster, though.  either that or i don't watch his program!

richRTSE

My car is black with white R/T stripe. It's an R/T SE, originally triple green stripe delete car. I've had it around 8 yrs. I think I've met you a couple times. I know I remember the superbirds. You used to live over by the kiddy park?
I used to drive a '70 Charger 500, red with black top and a black sixpack hood. I still have it, but it's in pieces right now. Here's a picture of my car...

tan top

nice looking Charger Rich   :yesnod:................ :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

nascarxx29

Let me think a newscaster with a B5 blue daytona .Could be Gary Mendelow the same guy I got a 69 charger 500 for sometime ago
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

moparmendy

hey rich, great pic is right!!!  ...that was crazy that you were on the road going by the german club car show on father's day..300+ cars and the "blue car" as my young kids call it got a top 20 people choic award!...in a way you are all right...the car is a clone and i was tv sportscaster in the area for 5 years on cbs 19 woio...changed careers and now i am in financial services..i am working at lorain national bank..
anyway, great car and i would like to meet you and talk about my idea of a local charger club..are you interested??your car is beautiful too..
drop me an email if you want...garymendy@yahoo.com

moparstuart

Quote from: moparmendy on June 24, 2009, 01:44:55 AM
hey rich, great pic is right!!!  ...that was crazy that you were on the road going by the german club car show on father's day..300+ cars and the "blue car" as my young kids call it got a top 20 people choic award!...in a way you are all right...the car is a clone and i was tv sportscaster in the area for 5 years on cbs 19 woio...changed careers and now i am in financial services..i am working at lorain national bank..
anyway, great car and i would like to meet you and talk about my idea of a local charger club..are you interested??your car is beautiful too..
very cool     :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

richRTSE

Quote from: moparmendy on June 24, 2009, 01:44:55 AM

Gary, congratulations on the award!  :2thumbs: Sorry I missed the show. I sent you a message (pretty long).

Rich

Long Island RT

Jeez I must really like Black...
Rich - You're charger looks absolutely awesome!
1969 Dodge Charger RT Restomod<br />Triple Black, 512 stroker, Tremec TKO600 5-speed<br />2005 Dodge Magnum RT - Brilliant Black - Lowered

richRTSE

Thanks Long Island RT. Everything they say about black cars it true, but they sure look nice when they're clean.  :coolgleamA:

Hey Gary, have any pictures of your car you can post?

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: richRTSE on June 22, 2009, 01:39:46 PM
My car is black with white R/T stripe. It's an R/T SE, originally triple green stripe delete car. I've had it around 8 yrs. I think I've met you a couple times. I know I remember the superbirds. You used to live over by the kiddy park?
I used to drive a '70 Charger 500, red with black top and a black sixpack hood. I still have it, but it's in pieces right now. Here's a picture of my car...

Wow!!! it was changed from a nice color combo like that  :drool5: I geuss I like the new combo though. :2thumbs:
  Nice car Rich !!

Sergeant

Excellent looking car. Can you add some more pictures of it?

moparmendy

i have tried..how do you resize a pic..they are all saying mine are too large????

bearbqd

73 Cuda 440/500hp
71 Javelin in progress

Sergeant

If you can mail me the pictures, I can resize them for you and send them back

moparmendy

just tried again with the resize site..
send me an email..and i will send you the pics!

pics have been sent to below and should be on shortly, thanks!

Sergeant

Ok sent ya an email. Ya may want to remove your email from the post above before it gets picked up by different spam bots.

Sublime69

That's an awesome pic of the Daytona behind you.  :icon_smile_cool:

And that's a sweet Charger Rich, I love the black with the white stripe.  :2thumbs:
1969 Charger 440
1968 Satellite 318 Future Road Runner Clone
1989 Diplomat Ex-Cop Car Winter Beater
1985 Chevy C-10 400 SB Winter Project
2004 Honda Civic Daily Driver

moparmendy

here are some pics of my dayclona!

moparmendy

b-5 baby!

moparmendy

my kids simply call her "the blue car!"

moparmendy

thanks for the help in posting these

moparmendy

thanks for the help in posting these, site seems very particular...