News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Energy drinks?

Started by moparnole, June 22, 2009, 11:27:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparnole

Does anybody here drink them?
And if so, what kind?

Charger74

When I really need to wake up, I will have a 5Hr Power Shot.  Those things work and do not have the garbage the other stuff does.  But I do also drink either Sobe Adrenaline Rush or Monster Chaos.  Those 2 taste the best to me...

moparnole

The Sobe adrenaline does taste good, I usually go for an AMP, or the Dale Earndefart Jr. Amp, those 2 taste good, but when it comes to actually needing energy, Red Bull with it's taste will get ya!

69bronzeT5

I like Monsters...they however do nothing for me...they just taste good ;)
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

lisiecki1

those things destroy your kidneys.......
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

Charger_Fan

I never touch the stuff...it always tastes like a big can-o-chemicals to me. :P
Coffee is about the only caffeine type of drink I consume.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Manfred318

Never have cared for the stuff. They all taste like cough syrup to me. Especially Red Bull :puke: I guess the only one that didnt taste so bad was Mtn. Dew Amp. If I had to drink one I would go for that.

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

Foreman72

red bull is actually my favorite, but it doesn't do anything for me...but when the cheapest (before the dollar store urine-in-a-can ones anyway) energy drink is like 2.50 a can...man gimme an arizona iced tea any day...99c baby :2thumbs:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

Magnumcharger

I drink NOS....when I'm doing the big drive between my house and my work...4.5 hours.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Foreman72

just dont do it every day man
Eric "Foreman"

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.

Magnumcharger

No. I like to sleep at night, not on the highway. :icon_smile_big:

Forza

And don't dump that into your gas tank  :D

I usually drink Amp, whatever the hell the green can is called.

400/6/PAC

I drink one Monster a month, It's bad for me but I like them.

moparnole

Quote from: Magnumcharger on June 22, 2009, 07:55:31 PM
I drink NOS....when I'm doing the big drive between my house and my work...4.5 hours.

NOS?!?!?!?!?!

Why would you drink a fuel additive? You should just put it in your motorcycle!

Foreman72

Quote from: moparnole on June 23, 2009, 08:46:40 AM

NOS?!?!?!?!?!

:smilielol: :smilielol:
Eric "Foreman"

lisiecki1

Quote from: moparnole on June 23, 2009, 08:46:40 AM

NOS?!?!?!?!?!

okay, now post the link so everyone can read it and get a hell of a laugh at that idiots expense!

Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

Magnumcharger

Yeah..I was hoping you'd post that link before I had too!! :yesnod:

moparnole

Yea, we got each other's back!! :icon_smile_big:

moparguy01

on this topic let me enlighten you all on alittle something which I learned. The "AMP" energy shot drinks, you know the ones in the little bottle? well apparently up until about a year ago they made 2 in almost identical containers. One you just drink out of the little bottle. and well the second is the most horrific thing ever invented. Apparently they started making one which was a concentrate and was designed to make one quart. I have no idea why in the hell they would make such a monstrosity, because seriously who needs a quart of energy drink. I didnt realize this until someone told me to read the bottle when i was bouncing off the walls for about 10 hours. thats when i realized why the gas station was clearancing them out for $.25 a bottle. after it ended i think it was worse than any headache that i've even had even the alcohol induced ones.

squeakfinder

Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

68charger383

I'll drink a red bull or two mixed with some vodka occasionally :cheers:, but stopped drinking them by themselves.
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Silver R/T

I drink Monster once in a while, I try not to get addicted to it. Supposedly it's not very good for you....
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Tilar

I drank two of the Mt. Dew energy drinks a few years ago. I was driving truck at the time. I had a 3 AM appointment for an unload. Around midnight I started getting tired and I couldn't stop to sleep until I got to where I needed to unload due to my driving time being up at 4 AM.

Anyway I stopped at a truckstop and filled my truck with fuel, bought a cup of coffee and one of those Mt. Dew energy drinks. 30 minutes later I was doing just fine. Wide awake. Well, around 2 am I started getting sleepy again so I stopped and bought another one of those cans of Mt Dew. I made it to my drop and they unloaded my trailer. I pulled over to the parking area and tried to go to sleep. Didnt work. Not at all. It was probably 7 before I started getting drowsy enough to catch a few winks. Never again.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

73chgrSE

Rockstar Juiced, in the orange can. Tastes great like orange/grapefruit juice. pretty good buzz and not much crash, atleast for me.  :drool5:

69bronzeT5

Well I like said, energy drinks do nothing for me. Was on the ferry (2hr ride) and felt sleepy so drank 1/2 a Monster. Then I feel asleep. Woke up and sat around for a while looking at the open water and view of the Islands, drank the other 1/2 and fell asleep again :lol:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

squeakfinder

Quote from: Tilar on June 27, 2009, 02:29:29 PM
I drank two of the Mt. Dew energy drinks a few years ago. I was driving truck at the time. I had a 3 AM appointment for an unload. Around midnight I started getting tired and I couldn't stop to sleep until I got to where I needed to unload due to my driving time being up at 4 AM.

Anyway I stopped at a truckstop and filled my truck with fuel, bought a cup of coffee and one of those Mt. Dew energy drinks. 30 minutes later I was doing just fine. Wide awake. Well, around 2 am I started getting sleepy again so I stopped and bought another one of those cans of Mt Dew. I made it to my drop and they unloaded my trailer. I pulled over to the parking area and tried to go to sleep. Didnt work. Not at all. It was probably 7 before I started getting drowsy enough to catch a few winks. Never again.

I did something similar with a can of Kick. Put out by Royal Crown Cola. At the time it came in a can that looked allot like Mountain Dew, and it kind of tastes like it. But it has more caffeine. Got home at 2 am and couldn't go to sleep because I had drank that stuff three hours earlier. I'm glad I don't drive truck anymore.

moparnole

The only energy drinks that do anything to me is NOS, and good ole Jolt Cola :2thumbs:

Tilar

Quote from: squeakfinder on June 27, 2009, 06:59:12 PM
I'm glad I don't drive truck anymore.

I really enjoyed driving truck, But it got to the point that they were sending me all over the upper east coast, Boston,  NYC and all the others. I have pics from my truck showing me going into brooklyn, manhatten and a few others. Not the place to try to manuver a 2006 Peterbilt and a 53' trailer, especially when I had no clue where I was going. Man those people can't drive when it's dry out let alone when there is snow on the ground.  :o  I kinda miss it now and then, but at least I have time to work around the farm and do a little to my Charger now and then.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

squeakfinder

I missed being around the trucks for awhile afterwords. But got over it. For the first three years I drove from Oregon/Washington to NewYork and New Jersey. Lot's of fun parallel parking an 18 wheeler on Broadway ave. in Manhattan. Joey at that Fairway super market moved allot of produce. Then there's Hunts point The Bronx, Wool Sandler and Lieberman in New Jersey, Acme market in Pittsburgh to name a few of the god forsaken places.

KS71owner

I usually get the sugar-free AMP, no more than one a day but usually less than that (3-4 per week). If I need a sugar fix I'll go for the NOS or the Orange AMP, they're both pretty good. I can't stand coffee so I usually go with those when I need caffeine.  Lately though I've switched to the flavored waters like Sobe and Vitamin water - they kill my need for sugar so I'm not tempted to drink more of the bad stuff. I've tried the 5-hour energy, those aren't bad either.

I once made the mistake of drinking two of those things in a day - on a road trip, I had a NOS with my lunch and got another one a few hours later when I reached my destination. Never again....I was so amped on caffeine and sugar I literally had the shakes. Plus I hate that tired/buzzed feeling you get when you know you need to sleep but you can't.

Steve P.

I like Bud.  It calms me down and allows my inner me to   hahahahahaha.... I like BUD...  :cheers:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Silver R/T

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on June 27, 2009, 05:35:55 PM
Well I like said, energy drinks do nothing for me. Was on the ferry (2hr ride) and felt sleepy so drank 1/2 a Monster. Then I feel asleep. Woke up and sat around for a while looking at the open water and view of the Islands, drank the other 1/2 and fell asleep again :lol:

That's "hardcore" drinking, kid
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

moparnole

I am starting to like the Red Bull cola...anybody else? :shruggy:

PocketThunder

Quote from: moparnole on July 06, 2009, 11:33:52 AM
I am starting to like the Red Bull cola...anybody else? :shruggy:

I really liked it on Saturday night with a couple oz's of vodka..  :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

dodgecharger-fan

Watch out for Hardcore Energize Bullet and New Whey.
They might come with an extra "kick."

http://www.thestar.com/News/GTA/article/661371

"Health Canada has issued a recall of a popular energy drink, Hardcore Energize Bullet, warning that utility knife blades had been found in the drinks, which are sold in vials that look like test-tubes.

Yesterday, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration said blades were found in one vial each of Hardcore Energize Bullet and New Whey.

Only Hardcore Energize Bullet is sold in Canada and Health Canada issued a recall to pull the drink from store shelves. No injuries have been reported as a result of tampering."