News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

which intake?

Started by c00nhunterjoe, June 21, 2009, 09:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c00nhunterjoe

currently i have en edlebrock torker (not  a torker II) think i shoudl keep it or swap to the edlebrock performer i have? motor is a 383 about 11 to 1, 512 lift 292 full duration, stock heads with the exception of springs to match the cam.

Foreman72

do you want torque and low end power or mostly high end power?

if you get something like an rpm air gap, something with a split plenum, your going to get a great deal more low end,

something open like a torker will get you more top end HP
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

c00nhunterjoe

well its a double edged sword, my cam is for mid to high rpm but the heads are not flowed, the compression is there to meet the demands and the exhaust can flow everything with ease so which intake best meets my current needs????? lol

Foreman72

well what is the power band of our cam...i'd match that as best as possible...the air gap is 1500 - 6500 RPM and the torker is 3500-7500 RPM so i think your best bet would be to match that...are you considering porting the heads?
Eric "Foreman"

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.

mauve66

edelbrock str 15-6 all the way baby
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Foreman72

Eric "Foreman"

BBKNARF

I'm using the Edelbrock performer and it performs great on the street and track with a mechical roller camshaft.  :2thumbs:
68 Charger, slowly in the works, 451 c.i. approx. 535 hp @ the flywheel, so far best time in the 1/4
11.21 @ 119 mph, full exhaust, stock suspension, 4:10s @ 3640 pounds.

mauve66

Quote from: Foreman72 on June 22, 2009, 08:24:03 PM
Quote from: mauve66 on June 22, 2009, 08:08:18 PM
edelbrock str 15-6 all the way baby
:shruggy:

its a rat rooster type intake for B blocks that takes the 6 pak carbs
similar to this but for a b block, they also made them for small blocks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180369894264&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&salenotsupported
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Foreman72

aha..i see...clarified :2thumbs:
Eric "Foreman"

c00nhunterjoe

i'd love to have a six pack for my car

ronv

Mopar M1...your engine will come alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!