News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what headers?

Started by c00nhunterjoe, June 21, 2009, 11:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c00nhunterjoe

what headers do you 4 speed guys run? i dont know what is on my car btu whatever they are they dont fit right with the addition of the 4 speed. long story short had to do ALOT of bending and banging to get the bellhousing in around them and the starter wouldnt fit back in the bellhousing either so had to mangle another tube to fit that back in, i was going to bite the bullet and spend the 700 bucks on tti but i got to reading their fine print and it says that 4 speed applications may require banging and prying to fit linkage as well. so screw that. i aint spending 700 bucks on a header that i still have to take a hammer to. i was at a local car show friday night and there was a guy there with a mint 70 charger 440 4 speed car. he had 1 7/8 heddman's on it and he had tons of room, there was MINOR clearancing on the steering box, i mean literally a small ding in the tube so it didnt rattle onto the box. i am tempted to get them now at a huge difference in price, but i figure there are going to be plenty of 4 speed guys online so i would like to hear what you each run and how you like it and any problems encountered

oldschool

my tti,s fit like a glove.i use there 2" step headers with my raised port heads on three cars.they all have 4 speeds.the only thing is if you use a lakewood bellhousing,you have to cut a half moon shape piece off the pass.side ear.you do not need to do anything to the headers.
1968 cuda formula S bb 4-sp                          1968 Charger R/T 500" 4-sp
1970 Charger 580" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
TOO MUCH HORSEPOWER, IS ALMOST ENOUGH!

c00nhunterjoe

sorry, i have a 383, the 2 inch tubes are 440 only.