News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is the Challenger factory still closed???

Started by rick.d, June 20, 2009, 06:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rick.d

Does anyone know if/when they are going to start building and shipping new Challengers again? Thanks! :shruggy:

BBKNARF

68 Charger, slowly in the works, 451 c.i. approx. 535 hp @ the flywheel, so far best time in the 1/4
11.21 @ 119 mph, full exhaust, stock suspension, 4:10s @ 3640 pounds.

Landonsrt

I was reading on edmunds.com last week that the only plant that has been reopened now is the Viper plant. Since dodge couldnt sell it, they're keeping it. They still plan to shut it back down for two weeks in july.

68charger383

Don't forget they had all those Challengers built and stored on the old military base prior to the plant shut downs.

So they should still have adequate stock.
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

41husk

They are obviously not to overstocked.  I have tried to buy a Challenger and you would think Chrysler was a fortune 500 Co. they just refuse to deal!  I was told the best they can do is 1k under sticker.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

280bb0

I hear ya went to the dealer hear in Michigan when I found out they could get a B5 blue RT was told he would call me in 1 hr with a price. 2 days later I stoped by said they had trouble with Canada and should have a price in a day or so. 1 week passed nothing so went out and bought a 71 Challenger my first E Body love it and glad I did what I did,so much for helping out the economy!!!

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: 41husk on June 20, 2009, 11:26:12 PM
They are obviously not to overstocked.  I have tried to buy a Challenger and you would think Chrysler was a fortune 500 Co. they just refuse to deal!  I was told the best they can do is 1k under sticker.

41husk,how many dealers did you go to to try and pick one up?It's worth a shot to go to multiple dealers and check their stock and try to deal,some around me are the same way.I did not play their game,if they started with the going back and forth,telling me they can't really discount them, they are selling them selves,etc,I basically said I am not going to waste your time or mine and walked out.Suprisingly a couple did'nt even try to drag you back in,so you are right ,they refuse to deal.Luckily I found a dealer that what I thought was giving me a real good deal,sold me one that could'nt nail it any better if I ordered it(the exact options I wanted).My friend who bought one also,is friends with the owners son who runs/works the sales floor so I geuss that helped.I got mine for a little more than $2K less than sticker,did'nt think I would do better than that so I grabbed it.This was back in March though.
It's funny,one dealer I tried to buy at kept telling me "we sell 10-12 a week",the other day at a local mopar show sponsered buy them and put on at their dealership,I saw one particular car I was looking at from back in March!!!!

TheAutoArchaeologist

The Challenger plant opens on June 29th.

Ryan

41husk

I have been to four different dealers, one was even losing its franchise had two of them and said they sold both for 1k under sricker.  I should have jumped back a few months ago when the factory was offering 4k off :brickwall:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up