News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking for pickup truck...ideas?

Started by FLG, June 21, 2009, 12:06:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLG

Hey guys,

Might be shopping for a new truck to replace the worn out 95 nissan pathfinder i have. Im looking to get a pickup truck (much cheaper on insurance)...anyways i was looking at a 01 Supercharged Nissan Frontier 4x4 (seems like a nice truck) but was wondering if anyone can recommend a truck with a little more power? Not going to be towing anything and trying to stick between 10-12k.

Was looking at the Ford Lightnings...though no 4x4 they seem like sweet trucks.

Just looking for some ideas to be thrown out there.

Thanks!

Troy

Quote from: FLG on June 21, 2009, 12:06:22 AM
Hey guys,

Might be shopping for a new truck to replace the worn out 95 nissan pathfinder i have. Im looking to get a pickup truck (much cheaper on insurance)...anyways i was looking at a 01 Supercharged Nissan Frontier 4x4 (seems like a nice truck) but was wondering if anyone can recommend a truck with a little more power? Not going to be towing anything and trying to stick between 10-12k.

Was looking at the Ford Lightnings...though no 4x4 they seem like sweet trucks.

Just looking for some ideas to be thrown out there.

Thanks!
All I can tell you from personal experience is to avoid the Nissan's like the plague. A friend of ours had a supercharged Xterra and my roommate has a Titan and both are nothing but problems (and the gas mileage absolutely sucks on both). I like the looks but the reliability isn't there. In that price range you can get any of the 1/2 ton pickups. I personally like the 03-04 F150s. If I were going smaller I'd get another Tacoma. Another friend had an early 2000s Ranger and it seemed to hold its own but it won't have much power if that's what you want. I just purchased a Tahoe and it has plenty of power and towing capacity. The Chevy trucks will have the same engine but I don't like the looks as much as the Fords and Dodges. I'm selling my 99 Cummins Ram if you need even more power... ;)

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Silver R/T

You can pick up older Ram 1500 pretty cheap now. Can't go wrong with diesel either, you can always tow anything you put behind it. Never know if you'll get a boat/5th wheel, etc.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

wayfast1500

I second the ram, my truck before my ram was a f-150, and it never seemed to have the power it should.  I picked up a ram sport, decent gas mileage, will tow 7kish, 4w/d, real roomy interior plenty of storage and even adults in the back seats are comfortable.