News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tractors anyone? (Now with tractor parade pictures!! 6-29-09)

Started by bigred68, June 19, 2009, 12:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigred68

Hello all! I did do a search before starting this thread but what I found was a couple of years old. I thought I might start a new thread and shed a little information also! My home town (Garrettsville OH) is having its annual "Summerfest" next weekend June 26th,27th,28th.  http://www.garrettsvillesummerfest.com/
I guess its just a kinda' small town thing but it is kinda' fun and close to my heart. There's gonna be a car show, bands, a hamburger eating contest, fireworks, just all kinds of family friendly stuff! This will be the second year they've tried to break the worlds record for the longest tractor parade. The record is something like 250 tractors in one parade, last year they were able to have around 150 tractors! I thought I'd take this opportunity to show off one of my family's tractors that I'll be riding in the parade,(1947 International Harvester H series) invite all of you to the festival, and ask if anyone else would like to share pictures of their tractors, lawn mowers, combines, farm equipment, etc.! C'mon guys, lets see them tractors!!!
:cheers:

1BAD68

Here's mine 1969 john deere 140 H1
I actually use this to cut my grass and have recently built a front end loader for it so it will be a snow mover in winter.

Todd Wilson

Here's mine. I used to mow fields and lots. Havent donemuch since i hurt my back 3 years ago. I should probably sell it.

Todd

jb666

Quote from: Todd Wilson on June 19, 2009, 03:21:13 PM
Here's mine. I used to mow fields and lots. Havent donemuch since i hurt my back 3 years ago. I should probably sell it.

Todd

Todd, if you do, please let me know, I have a buddy looking for one just like it and he's not all that far from you.

c00nhunterjoe

bigred68

How awesome! Thanks guys for the pics.!!! Your tractors are all so CLEAN!! Cool. The Deere's ,the C series!! just Awesome! My family has more tractors, NONE of them clean!! I'll try to get some pics this weekend!! Please keep'em coming!

Todd Wilson

There used to be an old Farmall in my great grandma's barn at the farm outside Woodbine Iowa when I was a kid. I always liked that tractor. As far as I Know it sat in that barn for who knows how long. I never saw it run or be moved when I was a kid. It may have been in there for 30 years.  No one but me gave it a second thought.  My great uncle was farming the land then but they had bigger tractors to do all that and the Farmall never got used at all for anything.
When she died it was auctioned off. I dont know what ever happened to it.   I was in high school at the time so there was no way for me to get it.  Next to the barn was my Great Grandpa's shop.  Talk about cool stuff.  He did repairs there during the depression to earn extra money as well as keeping the farm machines going. There was tools and old parts to stuff everywhere.  It became a catch all after he died. I wonder now how much $$$$ would have been in that building at todays prices. It was all sold in the mid 80's at the auction.

Todd

oldgold69

if they cant work they dont stay

c00nhunterjoe

the super c and the 2510 get used hard on a daily bassis, just keep them cleaned and waxed  :icon_smile_cool:

John_Kunkel

'58 Massey-Ferguson MF202

She ain't pretty but that's good, I don't have to worry about keeping her clean.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Tilar

I'll grab a few pics of a couple of mine tomorrow.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

bigred68

To see that Farmall bailin hay, man just too cool. Ya know, We all love these Chargers a great deal, and it seems, we love these tractors, farming nearly as much, just too awesome. REALLY. Is it an American thing? Do the young kids driveing honda's with garbage can's attached to them really enjoy the blood sweat and tears (of joy) these rigs bring to us? These next pics are of my familys WORK tractors. I love ALL of them and can't wait for Thurs. eve. when I'm following behind the Deere picking up the bails. Guy's keep the pics coming!! If ANYONE would like a better pic. (portrait) of any of my family's tractors, please feel free to drop me a PM. I'd be honored to pull any one of them out and give them their just desserts! Take care all!, (Don't forget about Summerfest!!)

NHCharger

Here's my JD 750 I bought back in 1985. I have a york rake for it also. This rig has done a ton of work for me.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Todd Wilson

Quote from: NHCharger on June 21, 2009, 01:37:25 PM
Here's my JD 750 I bought back in 1985. I have a york rake for it also. This rig has done a ton of work for me.

That would be a handy little unit to have with the backhoe and loader. Small enough to move around and big enough to do some work!

Todd

Tilar

Quote from: NHCharger on June 21, 2009, 01:37:25 PM

I like that 750.  :2thumbs:  We have a 510 JD industrial hoe and it is great for big stuff around the farm and things friends need done, but a small one like that would come in handy sometimes.

Here is a 1940 JD "B" that my grandfather bought new in 1940. Tractor, plows and cultivators for $700.

This is after I rebuilt the carb and mag and repainted it. New gauges and all.

This 3020 has the power shift and is probably my favorite one for all around work. It's just a nice little tractor.

This bad boy used to be our pulling tractor but the cost in keeping up a pulling tractor got to be too much. Plus it was way too wicked to actually use so we took the big pump and injectors back off. It's still running close to 130hp.

There are 4 others but they don't look at good as these. H, MT, 50 and a 620.
Dave  

Todd Wilson

I have always wanted a 4020. They are still bring a good amount of $$$$ out there when you find one for sale!

Todd

Tilar

It's hard for me to believe some of the prices people are getting for some of these 4020's. People can do a Sherwin Williams overhaul on one that is wore slap out and the price jumps like crazy.

Here's something that some of you may enjoy seeing. This belongs to...I hesitate to call him a friend but he's an all right guy. He brings some of this tractors to the same shows I take mine to.

Dave  

Magnumcharger

My hunk of junk....actually, it's a darned good little toy.
I think I've reached the end of it's capabilities though, as it has a live PTO, which isn't the best for a bush hog. So I'm contemplating turning it into a oversized lawn mower.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Tilar

I like those old Fords. There is a guy not too far from me that has one with a flathead V8. There is also some guy that has a riding mower that looks just like an 8n tractor. He always shows it at the local fair so if I see it this year I'll try to get a pic of it. It may be a factory but I think he built it.
Dave  

Todd Wilson

Quote from: Magnumcharger on June 21, 2009, 07:31:51 PM
My hunk of junk....actually, it's a darned good little toy.
I think I've reached the end of it's capabilities though, as it has a live PTO, which isn't the best for a bush hog. So I'm contemplating turning it into a oversized lawn mower.

Biggest problem is it dont have an overrunning clutch so the hog's momentum runs you into the fence or ditch  I thought I saw somewhere you could get a deal to mount out back to help the situation.

Todd

Magnumcharger

Hmmmm....I also heard of a towable Bush-hog, that had it's own mower engine. That would work.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

GPULLER

My '51 G.
Use it around my farm and pull it too.  Picture was taken at the Two-Cylinder Expo Peosta IA 2002.

'57 720D, needs a paint job but I'll get that some day.

'69 55EB Combine

Dad's 5020

I'll stop now...
Reed

bigred68

I went to Middlefield today, true Amish country for those of you not in the know. I saw sooo many tractors out today, wanted to stop and get pics of all of them! Really cool. Everybody's out trying to finish cutting first cut and get it bailed before the rain Thurs. I just love all the pics. guys, thank you so very much!

Tilar

I was going to try to get some hay down but there's no way I could get it bailed and in the barn by tomorrow evening.... Unless of course everyone wanted to get together and have a hay bailing party.  :yesnod:  :cheers:
Dave  

bigred68

We put up about 470 bails tonight. Got started at 3pm, loaded 4 wagons at about 120 bails per wagon. We put two wagons away, customers coming to get other two wagons, YEHAA! (we didn't hafta unload them!!) (they get a slight price break!!). We got about 300 more to do tomorrow!! J.D. 3020 hauling a J.D. 366 bailer!!Me driven, pop stackin!! 3rd. gear, full stick!!( I'll get some pics tomorrow)!

Tilar

We don't have that much to do. It'll be Dad on the 3020 pulling a 14T. I'll be on the wagon stacking and then in the mow stacking it all again.   :eek2:  Really all we do is raise enough to feed out a few steers every year and lease the rest out.
Dave  

bigred68

Cool! My fathers kinda' opposite. We've got no animals but alot of people around us have horses and goats and odd kinda' things (eemo's?, I call'em big goony birds!) and Lama's. These people just had to have these animals I guess but not allot of thought went into feeding them, bedding them down, etc. So pop does about 2000 square bails a year for himself, and about 200 round bails,(both wrapped and unwrapped),and leases himself (and the equipment) out to some of the neighbors. My step mom runs the garden. My pop also does; soybeans, fieldcorn, straw for himself and others. I'll be gettin outta here in a bit and snapping some pics!!

GPULLER

We have 4 acres of tillable around our house.  First year I put half into alfalfa. Unusually got 150-180 bales per cutting.  Sold it to neighbors with beef cattle and one that fed it to his show calves.  Had the alfalfa for 4 years, now plant soybeans and corn.  I plant corn and soybean test plots for a local Co-op, pretty good deal (for me) get the seed, chemical for free and get to sell the crop .  Last year was first year, just did beans, averaged 60bu, sold them for $11/bu.  We have a corn furnace in our house, can get enough bushels of corn off 2 acres to heat the house for the winter.  Takes a huge bite out of the LP bill.

Tilar

Quote from: bigred68 on June 24, 2009, 09:20:58 AM
Cool! My fathers kinda' opposite. We've got no animals but alot of people around us have horses and goats and odd kinda' things (eemo's?, I call'em big goony birds!) and Lama's. These people just had to have these animals I guess but not allot of thought went into feeding them, bedding them down, etc. So pop does about 2000 square bails a year for himself, and about 200 round bails,(both wrapped and unwrapped),and leases himself (and the equipment) out to some of the neighbors. My step mom runs the garden. My pop also does; soybeans, fieldcorn, straw for himself and others. I'll be gettin outta here in a bit and snapping some pics!!

One of the guys I went to school with does just about that same thing as your dad. I'm to the point in my life that I want to slow down on the farming and just enjoy things. I do enjoy it, but I dont want to do it all the time anymore. We have 130 acres, probably close to 80 tillable. My brother and I talked a couple years ago about raising some beef cattle, but then I'd have to fence in the pasture again and that would mess up my airstrip for my RC plane.  :smilielol:  I doubt we'll do that now, but we do raise enough every year to feed everyone in the family and we still generally end up with at least a half to sell, sometimes a whole steer.

Quote from: GPULLER on June 24, 2009, 10:59:39 AM
We have a corn furnace in our house, can get enough bushels of corn off 2 acres to heat the house for the winter.  Takes a huge bite out of the LP bill.

I've heard of the corn furnaces. They just use shelled corn don't they? Not the cob?
Dave  

GPULLER

QuoteOne of the guys I went to school with does just about that same thing as your dad. I'm to the point in my life that I want to slow down on the farming and just enjoy things. I do enjoy it, but I dont want to do it all the time anymore. We have 130 acres, probably close to 80 tillable. My brother and I talked a couple years ago about raising some beef cattle, but then I'd have to fence in the pasture again and that would mess up my airstrip for my RC plane.    I doubt we'll do that now, but we do raise enough every year to feed everyone in the family and we still generally end up with at least a half to sell, sometimes a whole steer.

I grew up on a farm, my dad and his brothers farmed a couple thousand acres, not much be today's standards.  In the late 80's we lost our land and home.  My uncles still farm, I help any chance I get.  Wanted to come farm with them after going to school, they told me not to.  I still would like to farm as a full time job, would beat sitting behind a desk working for someone else.  Dad has 80 acres that he farms, in a few years he's going to turn it over to my two older brothers and me, we have enough equipment to play around with.  Would like to still find more land but with such large farmer around here, nobody wants to rent land to someone that doesn't have a $300,000 combine or $200,000 new tractors.  I did pick up a custom combining job this fall, have 17 acres of soybeans to cut for the neighbor, he asked me because nobody has small enough equipment to get to the field.  Consider yourself lucky.

QuoteI've heard of the corn furnaces. They just use shelled corn don't they? Not the cob?
Yes it just burns shell corn.  Burn about 250-300bu/heating season.  I

Todd Wilson

Farming is great. Something I wish I could do but probably never will be able to. Dont know much about it either. Did do a little as a kid on a few family farms. Got to milk cows at the dairy farm at 5am in Iowa during winter while on christmas break from school.  That was interesting!

Spent a few hours riding with my cousin in his big IH tractor discing my great grandma's fields years ago. 2 am rolling along listening to a AM radio station out of Omaha. Played 2 kinds of music. Country  and Western! HAHA!  Uncle wasnt to far behind in the big MF  pulling a planter/drill laying corn down.   Another year I got in on cuttin calves. That was a rough afternoon!HAHA! Helped Great Grandma clean chickens.  Last one is always really hard to catch! HAHA!  Her farm was cool. Still had a working outhouse and wind mill.

Todd

chargerkid01

bigred68

Hello everyone! I thought I'd add some pics of the tractor parade. These first pics are of my family's little Farmall that I had in the parade along with the line up at the high school. In the next group I'll show some pics of a good friend of mines new MACHINE. (shhh, it's a Deere) Saturday as just simply an awsome day, The car show was just amazing, well it looked like it was anyhow, they scheduled the parade and the car show at practically the same time, so I didn't get to make it. Seems like alot of small town festivals were this weekend. I hope everyone had fun!!

bigred68

Here's some pics of my friends new machine. It's a J.D. 7930. BRAND NEW. It had 4.7 hours on it when cruising through the parade! WOW, just what an amazing machine. The Farmall H is parked near it in a couple of pics and I got my wife to pose alittle for one of the pics. Enjoy!!

Todd Wilson

4.7 hours! HAHA!   We'll see if its still in the parade 70 years from now!   :smilielol:

Looks like a nice bunch of old iron. That Farmall A with the belly mower would be handy to have.  We should have a bunch of tractors next weekend for the July 4 parade here in town.

Todd