News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Decklid trim, 1971 Dodge Charger

Started by tricky lugnuts, June 18, 2009, 03:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tricky lugnuts

Hey guys, looking for a little trim help.

I was wondering if anyone has any pictures of the decklid/rear quarter panel trim on a 1971 Charger SE, preferably installed on a car.

There's a chrome/stainless steel strip that runs along the bottom lip of the deck lid with two downturns for the quarter panels on either side of the rear bumper.

I'm looking at buying some parts on eBay but want to make sure they're the right ones before I pursue a purchase.

Here's what I've been looking at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1971-DODGE-CHARGER-500-SUPER-BEE-TRUNK-CROME-STRIP_W0QQitemZ300323394394QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item45ecab535a&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A12|39%3A1|72%3A1171|240%3A1318

The chrome strip looks like the piece I need. I'm not so certain about the other two. Are the "side pieces" like the ones on the front fenders - kind of a one-piece upside down "L" shape, or two pieces, because on my rear quarters on the side of the rear bumper there are screw holes. It looks like the ones in the auction would be for the the rear quarter panel extensions. Hope this is clear enough!

Tom

ipstrategies

My trim is off the car but here is a link to a picture of my 71 SE when I picked it up. The one piece is correct the side one in the ad do not look like mine.

http://www.71charger.com/images/Pickup3132005_3.jpg

1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 Magnum
1999 Dodge Durango 5.9
1995 Chrysler LHS

tricky lugnuts

Thanks a bunch for the confirmation.

That's exactly what I was afraid of. The side trim pieces in the rear are just like the ones on the front fenders  - and not like the ones in that eBay ad. Oh well - the search continues!

Tom

ipstrategies

Do you need the side pieces and the trunklid piece? I may have the side one from my parts 71 SE.
1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 Magnum
1999 Dodge Durango 5.9
1995 Chrysler LHS

tricky lugnuts

I do need both side pieces and the long center piece for the rear. If you have them available for sale, feel free to PM me or email me cost and some pictures if you have them handy - thanks!

Tom