News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DRIVER'S SIDE DOOR REMOTE MIRROR ILLUSTRATION

Started by hemi68charger, June 19, 2009, 06:28:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey gang..
68-70 Charger.
Anyone have an breakdown illustration for the outside driver's side remote mirror? There's one flat nut plate, keeper or something that I'm not just understanding where it goes. Where does the square component with the notches go? The flat nut I'm assuming screws onto the adjustment housing for sure, but on the interior side of the door sheetmetal? I do believe the chrome fastening nut is the only thing on the interior side of the upper door pad.

Thanks..
Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Back N Black

The square flat washer goes on over the adjusting knob first, all the way to the end of the threads. The flat washer prevents the adjusting knob from pulling through the door panel when tighten down the outside nut. So, install the flat washer and poke the assembly through the hole in the door, then install the thin nut to pull it tight and last install the chrome nut.

hemi68charger

Quote from: Back N Black on June 19, 2009, 08:46:43 AM
The square flat washer goes on over the adjusting knob first, all the way to the end of the threads. The flat washer prevents the adjusting knob from pulling through the door panel when tighten down the outside nut. So, install the flat washer and poke the assembly through the hole in the door, then install the thin nut to pull it tight and last install the chrome nut.

Sweet !!!!  That's what I thought.. It's been a long time and man, I kick myself in that I should know this.... Thanks alot.

By the way, your avatar looks great.....

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection