News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Will a full AMD trunk pan fit through the opening if the rear valance is removed

Started by 69*F5*SE, June 19, 2009, 01:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69*F5*SE

I had to remove my rear valance and was wondering if a full AMD trunk pan would fit through the opening?  Avoiding a 2 piece pan?  Anyone know for sure.  It's a 69.

68 charger freak

yes it will work but u have to remove the Trunk Lock Support as well for clearance.  I'm doing the same to my 68 but with the 2 piece pan welded together the one piece wasn't  out at the time  :brickwall:
simon
68 charger, pro touring build ,mini tub,528 wedge,magnum-xl 6 speed,rms alterkation,martz 4 link,moser 8.75,custom interior

mopar_nut_440_6

If the rear suspension is out of the car, will it not fit in from the bottom after the old trunk floor is removed?
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

68 charger freak

68 charger, pro touring build ,mini tub,528 wedge,magnum-xl 6 speed,rms alterkation,martz 4 link,moser 8.75,custom interior

hemi-hampton

kab69440

I can't imagine the installation from the bottom to be successful, given those sub-frame rails and all being in the way. Seems like it would fit through the valance opening, as long as the extensions aren't attatched.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

riggs626

If the valance is removed along with trunk lock brace it will slide in real easy thru there i have pictures if you would like I just go mine in and now having a hell of time doing the welding, The extensions I could use some help on... :brickwall:

superbirdtom

do you or anyone else know why the tail light panels for 70 runners from AMD are 450 dollars through the company and are 100 dollars or less from ebay vendors??

riggs626

there not really amd panels is all I can guess I do know I can usually get better deals by call the guy on ebay i buy from direct than go thru AMD it usually only 40 bucks but that does add up

superbirdtom

The ebay vendors do carry amd taillight panels. They are wholesalers and just have their prices a little cheaper than amd direct ,so amd does not compete with their vendors.