News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Which Year?

Started by FightingSideOfMe, June 16, 2009, 06:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which year of Charger do you like best out of these choices?

68'
37 (44%)
69'
27 (32.1%)
70'
7 (8.3%)
71'
10 (11.9%)
72'
2 (2.4%)
2009'
1 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 84

FightingSideOfMe

So do you want me to make a new poll or just stick with the old polls? If there is no replys within tommorrow morning I'll just not post it.
I love Chargers

Brock Samson

well it's been determined on a few different threads in the past that '68s slightly lead the '69 and '70s bring up the rear, first gens and '71s are approx equal though I suspect as time goes on,.. and younger uns get into the game, errr,.. hobby sorry,.. not you,.. just some folks I have seen on the site here,.. anyhow,.. that the third gens are getting a bit more popular for a variety of reasons,.. Like they are abit easier to find and alot easier to restore then the first gens...
I was thinking the other day that the Cordoba Chargers and Daytona/Magnums and Miradas might be showing a spike in popularity soon as the meduim age of hobbists rises and the last of the real B-bodies take on some added significance, not on the level of the famous second gens of course but perhaps to overshadow the first Gens... I'm just sayin'...   :ahum:
feel free to chime in here anytime with any thoughts or observations of your own and I do think it's great to revisit the issue from time to time...   :yesnod:

charge-it

I don't care for the look of the Cuda beak in the middle of the 69's grill but like them otherwise. My choice was a 68 followed by a 70, then a 69.
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

tipopiola

Gotta go '68, '69 is a very close second.

richRTSE

I think '69 is the best year since it had the regular Charger, plus the 500 and Daytona models. Then '70 (much better interior than '69), then '68, then '71. I like the '69/'70 tailights better than '68s, don't care for the '70 door scoops though. I do like the '68 grill a little better than the '70, but '69 is the best.
:2thumbs:

73chgrSE

I like '71 best of these. I never liked the boxy look of 66-70 as much. That goes for all square 60's cars.  '71 is when they finally got close to the streamline shape that GM had with their A bodies from 68-74. Just looks better to me. add the hemi and it's the best complete package. the '69 will almost always win in any poll however because of the general lee. :D

let the hate mail begin. :nana:

bearbqd

I love my 68 just because of how much blacked out grill there is without interruption. It just looks sinister. I do however think the 68 would look better with the 69 or 70 rearend taillights. The round 68's are ok, but I think the two later years are much cleaner looking and less busy.
73 Cuda 440/500hp
71 Javelin in progress

BBKNARF

What else, but then again I like them all.
68 Charger, slowly in the works, 451 c.i. approx. 535 hp @ the flywheel, so far best time in the 1/4
11.21 @ 119 mph, full exhaust, stock suspension, 4:10s @ 3640 pounds.

Foreman72

Quote from: Brock Samson on June 17, 2009, 11:31:12 AM
:lol:   :smilielol:   :nana:  see?..

ok, what about the first generations?..  :shruggy:  and the last years of the real b-bods?...
    :scratchchin: 

your science is horribly flawed...  :slap:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,16002.0.html

thats the one...hey who else voted 72...i thought it was gonna be just me :lol:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat