News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Redline Tires On Red Cars?

Started by tipopiola, June 17, 2009, 12:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tipopiola

Hey guys-  I know this sounds like a stupid question, but I've been searching for pics of red cars with redlines on them.  I've got a PP1 red '68 R/T with no vinyl top on it.  That makes for A LOT of red paint!  It came stock with white stripes which will be put back on after paint.  It also came stock with magnum 500's and redlines.  I really like the look of redlines on most of the cars I've seen, but I very rarely see them on red cars.  Just wondering if it's going to be too much red.  I know, I already said it's a stupid question!  I'm hoping that some of you have pics that you've saved that you could post up here.  THANKS!

Ghoste

Not stupid at all really.  I hadn't thought about before you mentioned it and it does seem like a lot of red but my own opinion is that would be okay.  I really like redstripe tires though.

resq302

Same here but I chose to go with the white wall tires for my repro bias ply ones only because of the different shade of red might clash.  Figured white goes with anything and would bring out the top and tail stripe more.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

hemigeno

I have an R4 car spec'd with T83 Redlines, and that's just what will be used on it.  Not too uncommon to see that combo of red-on-red.

TUFCAT

I love redline tires! - - ESPECIALLY on RED or ORANGE cars!!!

Actually, almost every car looks good with them (except my own car for some reason) :shruggy: .  With redlines on the Coronet, I thought it looked like a "clown car" because it had to many contrasting colors going on.

Sorry fellas, .....I have no pictures of red Charger's with redlines.

bull

I think it would look fine. :2thumbs:
But if it's not enough you could always get some red wheels and a set of these: :lol:

69*F5*SE

I don't think it would look to bad but, will they fill up the wheel wells enough to not make it look too stock?  I always thought the Charger wheel wells should have  some meat in them.  Otherwise it throws off the stance for me.   :Twocents:

tipopiola

Thanks for the input so far.  I agree with you 69*F5*SE, it'll have 255/60/15's on 7's up front and 295/50/15's on 8's or 10's in the back.  Those wheel wells are huge and deserve a little more rubber in them.  The car is basically going back to stock, so I don't feel too bad abouody t deviating with the wheel and tire size.  Anybody got any pics to post up?  Thanks again!

THE COLONEL

Here is my fathers 64 Plymouth Sport Fury.  I like the red lines, but these are a couple good pics for ya to decide.

"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

OneofNoneRT

1968 R/T 440/4 Spd (Prototype Factory Sunroof)
2008 R/T 5.7l HEMI (Road & Track)

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

tipopiola

Well, I guess that settles it, I gotta get some redlines!  Now I've gotta figure out which ones.  I've done the searches and it looks like there are really only 2 alternatives, Coker and Diamond Back.  The only thing with Coker is that on their site they only list up to 235's, is that as big as they go?  If so, that leaves Diamond Back and they do list all the way up to a 295.  How is the Diamond Back quality?  Are there any other alternatives?  Thanks again for all the pics and keep 'em coming!

Foreman72

i think they look darn awesome... :drool5: :drool5:

http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/techarticles/drivetrain/mopp_0905_custom_tire_tire_tattoos/index.html

you can do it yourself too...check that out

also check out cokertire.com...they got a wide verity :2thumbs:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

THE COLONEL

I'll my dad what size he has on his Fury.  he ogt his from coker I believe, and I'm pretty sure they are bigger then 235's.  Give coker a call too.  They may have some, just not posted on their site.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Coker didnt cut it for me for 2 reasons....at the time they didnt offer the size I wanted & number 2 their sidewalls....yes they have the nice redline on them but also lettering & horrible radial casting lines.

I went with Diamond Back Classics because they had the size I wanted (255/60/15....they can make any size you want) and their sidewalls are ground smooth with no lettering or marks.... :Twocents:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

694spdRT

This is my R6 red '69 with redlines. The hubcaps have red centers and I have a red interior too. ;)
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

TUFCAT

Quote from: 694spdRT on June 18, 2009, 08:38:14 AM
This is my R6 red '69 with redlines. The hubcaps have red centers and I have a red interior too. ;)

BEAUTIFUL CAR!!  :drool5:

notabird

We have Diamondback  tires on two of our 69 chargers.Have been very happy with them.One set is Dayton Daytonas but I dont remember what the other set is. Brent

notabird

Oh by the way both cars are R4 red and the redlines look great on them.Brent

Just 6T9 CHGR

Never get tired of that R6 stunner Ty :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

694spdRT

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on June 18, 2009, 03:46:02 PM

Never get tired of that R6 stunner Ty :cheers:

Thanks Chris....I feel the same way about your beauty.  :2thumbs:
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

THE COLONEL

Quote from: THE COLONEL on June 17, 2009, 08:44:38 PM
I'll my dad what size he has on his Fury.  he ogt his from coker I believe, and I'm pretty sure they are bigger then 235's.  Give coker a call too.  They may have some, just not posted on their site.

Well, nevermind.  My dad's are 215's on his Fury.  I thought they were bigger. :slap: