News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hey GL fans, what a deal we have here

Started by ACUDANUT, June 18, 2009, 05:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Landonsrt

This was listed on ebay a couple of weeks ago. If it is the car that sold for $450,000, it aint worth that..... He was trying to sell it for what it was purchased from at Barrett jackson. I thought it was bought for a museum.

69bronzeT5

I never knew there was a website called "Charger Trader". Something looks suspicious though. How could a car that sold on Barrett Jackson for $495,000 be for sale for $45,000 :scratchchin:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

suntech

It was the last one he owned that was sold at BJ for 450 K. This is supposedly the first one he owned! :shruggy:
Have no idea, but that is what the ad says :shruggy:
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

69bronzeT5

Okay, if that's the case than still....why would one sell for $495,000 and then another for $45,000. Makes no sense.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

c00nhunterjoe

the one from barret jackson was sold as a fund raiser, it sold for more since john schneider was there for the auction supposedly.... either way a restored charger for 45k? while high to me it sounds right for what alot of people are paying latly

ACUDANUT

It only has a small block in it. I think it's just a low budget Poc filled with lies.  Come on, a GL with a 318  :brickwall:....Well I guess, to each his own. :shruggy:

HollyWoodCharger

I think the #4 Charger was one built and used for the DOH  Reunion Films and the Film John made a few years back called "Collier and Company - Hot Pursuit!"

The Number 4 Bo's GL was also a driver of John's and was supposedly Hemi Powered, still does not make it worth nearly a half Million in my opinion....

$45K for this Charger is a reasonable price given its condition and celebrity status, plus what it would take to build one today, this Charger is fairly decent in price...

bull

Does it come with a Lost in Space robot?

TUFCAT

Quote from: bull on June 18, 2009, 07:46:26 PM

Yes.....and the robot is being towed by a 4x4 Delorean/Ford Ranger.

c00nhunterjoe

i would say that as long as it is a true john schneider car and it is not containing 2 gallons of bondo then it is worth the money, and as long as a functional flux capaciter complete with mr fusion is in the 4x4 delorian then it is a hell of a deal

Ghoste

Well I was nearly ready to pull the trigger on it until I saw that John Schneider used it for a daily driver.  As much as I want to be the guy who pays too much for something just because somebody who was on television owned it before me, the idea that John could have farted on the seats sort of turned me off.  I mean, I'm sure that as a famous person his farts don't stink or anything and I'm sure it's still worth too much money just because he did possibly fart on the seat, it's just that I have this fart phobia thing.  I'm getting help for it but all the same I won't be able to buy the car now.

Finn

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on June 18, 2009, 06:59:10 PM
I never knew there was a website called "Charger Trader".

That's where I found my charger, the ad is still there in fact!
Geez it has come a long ways...
http://www.chargertrader.com/details.php?id=3246
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

1970Moparmann

Don't know if I'm the first one to see this, but I just went on the website and noticed the price is $45k.  Maybe it was just changed.  :shruggy: I had to check a couple of times to make sure because I've been drinking this afternoon. :cheers:

Pretty reasonable to me! :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Brightyellow69rtse

the way he mounted the horns makes me sick! people have no pride anymore!

dukeboy320

That one of his promo cars from in company it was a 68' and to clear up its not "Bos" general lee that was at barrett jackson its his old comany "faith works" promo car
Massively Over Powerd And Respected

Landonsrt

I was at walmart earlier tonight and picked up a dupont registry magazine that had special edition camaros on the cover and started flipping through the pages. I found an article about bo dukes general lee and the batmobile replica for sale. The asking price for the GL was, get this, $500,000.00 It also stated for the lucky buyer of the GL, John Schneider himself would deliver the car..

I didint read to see how much the old batmobile was going for...

2Gunz

Doesnt seem like a horrible deal if the car isnt a basket case.

I personally wouldnt buy it, but I bet there are many who would.

Martian R/T

Quote from: TUFCAT on June 18, 2009, 09:48:38 PM

And driven by a bunch of Hillbilly Rednecks. Hooters girls ran away laughing. :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
                            1970 Charger R/T 440 Auto 3:55 Martian Green???

Back N Black

Quote from: Martian R/T on June 23, 2009, 10:29:02 AM
Quote from: TUFCAT on June 18, 2009, 09:48:38 PM

And driven by a bunch of Hillbilly Rednecks. Hooters girls ran away laughing. :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

You guys are cruel and funny at the same time. I love it!  :smilielol: