News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Charger survivor on ebay bringing good money. It's baaaack.

Started by 1969chargerrtse, June 16, 2009, 05:28:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on June 19, 2009, 10:16:53 PM
Quote from: 1hot68 on June 19, 2009, 09:50:10 PM

I also love a Green Charger! F5 or F8 and I think the green interior is WAY cool!
back in '05 when my Charger was on the block, I was looking into buying this 70 GTX....really dig this interior....

I can change my own thread.  Why was your car on the block?  And do you ever think about selling it again?  Red Rocks.

About the GTX, Pistol grip sticking out of a wood console, Oh yeah.  :yesnod:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: 69*F5*SE on June 19, 2009, 09:47:41 PM
Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on June 19, 2009, 11:09:03 AM
Definitely a nice car to grab,greens are on my top choices of colors,preferably F5 along with green top and int.My feelings about price........,if I found a car that struck me bad enough that I had to have it,it would'nt phase me to pay a little more because long after price has been forgotten,you still have the car!!!!!!Now if it was a 68,right next door to me, :scratchchin:!!!!

69 OUR/TEA, my car is to be F5 green and has green interior.  In some way I feel validated.  Thanks   :cheers:

By the way, your Charger has been my wallpaper screen for several months.  

No problem 69*F5*SE,before I bought my 69 B5 RT,in 98 at the Mopar nats I had a friend shopping for me and found a gorgeous 69 RT/SE triple green (F5),w/white stripe,auto,dana,went with his judgement and said to pull the trigger.He went back the next morning to do the deal,the car sold that night before!!!Thats what I would have had !!!!! But the ultimate for me was a 3X9,and took ten more years to cross paths with.

69*F5*SE

Thanks you guys.   :2thumbs:   Green is cool.   :coolgleamA:

gtx6970

In todays  economy - being 3 way green and very limited on options. I personally wouldn't pay 30K plus for it.   but without seeing it up close - I would refrain from passing values based on a bidders list on ebay.

I will add 3 way green wouldn't stop be at all, but the no options would

1969chargerrtse

Sold for a little above 27,000.00.  I was close.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

1969chargerrtse

It's at 26,000.00 so I'm out of the guessing game since max to me is 25,000.00

tan top

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on June 18, 2009, 09:52:52 PM
Quote from: 69*F5*SE on June 16, 2009, 09:56:16 AM
Says original but, if it's original then why is there a MotorGuard toilet paper air filter mounted in the upperleft corner of the engine compartment pic.  That filter hooks up to an air compressor to remove moisture from the out going air to prevent water from getting to your air tools or to keep water from getting through the air lines when you're spray painting.  Not too original.

It looks way to shiny for original paint especially the door jam unless they clearedover the original paint!!  30K,all day long,but that is just me.

:scratchchin: yeah you could have a point !! been looking at the pictures !! this  has that  clear coatish look to me  !! may be air dry 1k  :scratchchin:  :scratchchin:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

BB1

I like this line "mostly original paint" what does that mean?

From the pics I can't believe original paint would reflect that much, I'd say CC too.

I'd look for over spray.

I bet the rear window leaks, 100% of them did.
Delete my profile

chargerhardtop69

An uncloned unmolested '69 383 Charger with original metal and no rust deserves $30K period. Surely no standard midsize from Ford or GM could claim that.

Khyron

If I had the extra money I would put my Charger on ebay to see what it gets.

Or how bad it would get picked apart :lol:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

1969chargerrtse

Tom Q

that is one fine car, bidding did not meet reserve.
I am working on a 70 R/T  that has over $50,000 spent on it [so far] and it will never be nice as that.  Notice i said spent...not invested...

1969chargerrtse

ramairthree

Quote from: chargerhardtop69 on June 22, 2009, 08:35:12 AM
An uncloned unmolested '69 383 Charger with original metal and no rust deserves $30K period. Surely no standard midsize from Ford or GM could claim that.

Depends on what you call standard.  There are favorites of all models.  Especially survivors.  A 383 Charger 69 would be equivalent to what- Lemans sport, Cutlass Supreme, Skylark Custom, Chevelle Malibu, Torino, etc.  Not the GTOs, 442s, GS, SS...

As for value-
stuff is worth what it sells for.  Sometimes the market is higher, sometimes lower. 

I personally would not pay 30K for it, but I am the type of guy that values function/reliability over NOM, etc.  A guy that is into survivors might pay 30K for it, a guy that used to own it might bid it up to 50K to get it back.

LoneStar Mopar

I had been watching this car the last few days on ebay. I am just getting into Mopars and still have alot to learn (especially on value). Honestly I don't know what the car is truly worth but if I had more money saved up I would have thrown a bid or two down on it. However I am the type of guy who would rather have a lower option original than a higher option molested or junked out car.

I guess it is not because I am down with the culture yet but I thought the 383 was a respectable mopar motor, yet I keep seeing people say that a car was a base model 383 car. I would think of a 318 car or a six car as a base model and a 383 car as a higher end car. I guess a car was a base low option car if it had anything except a 440, 426, RT package, SE package, or RT/SE package?

69*F5*SE

Us guys with the smallest of the big blocks in our Charger's don't get the respect the others with R/T's get.  But, if we had Road Runner's or Superbee's with 383's in them, then they're considered musclecars, go figure.  But, in Charger world, we're just base model owners with the smallest dick.  Parts cars or daily drivers.  Shit rolls downhill for us.  The truth.  If you have a manual 4 speed car then you might get somewhere.  :Twocents:  Don't come back hatin' me.   :angel:

Ghoste

I don't personally agree with you but I understand it somewhat.  Remember, the base Charger had XP in the VIN and the RT (the muscle model) was XS.  The Bee and Runner both had slightly hotter versions of the 383 and were exclusively marketed for the supercar market.  You can't really say that for the Charger.  Even the RT models were advertised more for the young adult than the teen pumping gas.

69*F5*SE

Actually, my car came with the H code 335hp 4 bbl engine. Just like the RR's and Superbee's right?  I definitely didn't mean any disrespect to any others in my above post.  Even though it may have sounded like it.  Just to get that out of the way.  Maybe a touch of sarcasm that's all.

Ghoste

I guess.  :lol:  Supposedly the Super Bee and Road Runner had a slightly different cam so...  (did that engine have the windage tray in the Charger?)
But the marketing still concentrated in different areas where the XP and WM 383 four barrel engines are concerned. 
I guess I'm saying that it isn't so much a shit running downhill thing as it is where the cars were placed in Chryslers mind from day one.  I still view a big block four barrel Charger as a musclecar so maybe individual semantics come into play as well?

69*F5*SE

Not sure about the windage tray or the cam.  :scratchchin:  But, you shed good light on the subject.   :2thumbs:

Ghoste

According to the 69 data guide, the Charger 383 four barrel is a 330 horse model.
http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/DealershipDataBook/1969/69_Charger0011.jpg

NOT trying to start a fight, just trying to know for the sake of knowing.

PocketThunder

Quote from: 69*F5*SE on July 22, 2009, 12:51:37 PM
Not sure about the windage tray or the cam.  :scratchchin:  But, you shed good light on the subject.   :2thumbs:

I dont know why you dislike your car so much.  

1) Its the most desireable year.  IMHO  
2) Its an SE
3) Big Block
4) Did i say it was a '69   :drool5:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."