News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

trunk springs

Started by roger01, June 15, 2009, 09:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roger01

can someone explain to me the procedure  for adding more tension to keep the trunk lid up .....cant believe i put the whole car together but cant figure out how these springs come out ...lol :ahum:

Ghoste

If you look at the end of the springs there should be three adjustment slots to move the end into, try a different one and see if that works.

BBKNARF

Ghoste is right 3 adjustments above the back wheelwell, mine is in the center hole if you want more tension move it at the back hole towards the rear but be carefull they can be frusstrating to adjust  :pullinghair: keep an eye on the other side of the rod when your adjusting the opposite side. May the force be with Roger01. :2thumbs:
68 Charger, slowly in the works, 451 c.i. approx. 535 hp @ the flywheel, so far best time in the 1/4
11.21 @ 119 mph, full exhaust, stock suspension, 4:10s @ 3640 pounds.

FLG

Yea ive had one snap back at me...not fun!

But atleast on a windy day the trunk dosnt slam me in the head because it closes by itself  :2thumbs:

maxwellwedge

Quote from: BBKNARF on June 16, 2009, 11:15:33 AM
Ghoste is right 3 adjustments above the back wheelwell, mine is in the center hole if you want more tension move it at the back hole towards the rear but be carefull they can be frusstrating to adjust  :pullinghair: keep an eye on the other side of the rod when your adjusting the opposite side. May the force be with Roger01. :2thumbs:

Ahhh Pam as an avatar - I loved her and Linda V back in the day!

roger01

ok i got all that thanks...but how ?...do you pull it out of the slot with vise grips ,...will it pull out ?...mine doesnt want to shift from left to right at all..  should it be able to?

FLG

I took the non purist approach and pried it out with a screwdriver and put it in the next slot. There under alot of tension so you cannot simply pull it out.

BBKNARF

I did the same thing, take a extra long screw driver or pry bar and pry out the bar out of its hole with one hand and the other hand guide it to other hole. I would also recommend wearing gloves.
68 Charger, slowly in the works, 451 c.i. approx. 535 hp @ the flywheel, so far best time in the 1/4
11.21 @ 119 mph, full exhaust, stock suspension, 4:10s @ 3640 pounds.