News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Road Trips?

Started by moparnole, June 15, 2009, 08:22:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparnole

How do you guys keep entertained while on the road for a while ( like going to get a car) I am going this Wednesday to pick up a 1970 Charger, which is located in West Palm Beach (PARTY!!!) and from my hgouse is about a 7 hour trip one way. I would like to make CD's of Hendrix music and jam all the way, but my step dad is also going (quieter radio......) ( by the way, if you are ever in Wewahitchka Fl. and are hungry eat at the Red Roof BBQ, best and only BBQ in Wewa) which also means country :eek2: Any suggestions are pretty much welcomed....

69bronzeT5

Driving my car is fun enough for me! :cheers:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Sublime/Sixpack

Sometimes life is so busy that I don't take the time to just sit and THINK, but when on the highway for several hours I just relax and let my mind have at it. Its therapeutic for me.

Plus I take along my favorite CD's.
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

Ghoste

It depends on the destination and schedule for me.  A road trip for a car, I can take secondary paved routes and a stack of favorite music and comedy cd's and that works.  The right company and the trip is a breeze.
Taking the wife and kids on a summer vacation means no music for dad, dvd's in the back for the kids, tranquilizers for the wife, expressways wherever possible and blast straight through like a man possessed.

1970Moparmann

Quote from: Sublime/Sixpack on June 15, 2009, 09:51:29 PM
Sometimes life is so busy that I don't take the time to just sit and THINK, but when on the highway for several hours I just relax and let my mind have at it. Its therapeutic for me.

Plus I take along my favorite CD's.

I second that!  I've been on so many "picking up a car" road trips, that it's actually a nice difference for me.  Once in a while a friend goes, which helps out also.  Wind up shooting the shi... most of the time.  7 hours is a drop in the bucket anyways!  Get some tunes, and have at it.  It's always exciting bringing a car home, until your wife sees it. :2thumbs:

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

moparheater

Sirius Satellite Radio: Howard Stern or NFL Radio & I'm good for hours

41husk

I spend most of the time looking in fields and barnes off the highway for old mopars.  That will keep me entertained for a time.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

moparnole

Well, I dont have a wife yet, so she cant get mad (but I do have a Grandma..)
The music thing is something I do in my Supra when I'm driving, but my stepdad is going with me, and he is the country music type, so no Hendrix..... But we are taking my dads Yukon, so I will at least have air for once!!! :2thumbs:

moparnole

I will post some pics of the Charger when I get it in, probably Thursday morning, it will be late tommorow when I get back, having to drive 900 miles and all......woohoo.......party time...............excellent................unbelievable...............extravagant................
Also did I mention that I am only paying $500 for it?!?!?!?!?! (You will see why)

Wish me luck, and if you can stay off of I-10 east, and I-95 south in Florida if you want to live.

Brock Samson

i really don't think it's that big a deal you could allways bring a portable player and headphones, but what's wrong with just enjoying the ride?..
I'm a huge Hendrix Fan BTW: you'll have plenty of time later to listen to hendrix at 11 on the richter scale... in your '70 charger.
  bring a decent camara that's my advice.

Armudster

Since it´s a long trip, I say take your time, make a stop and grab something to eat, in the way over there start thinking about the charger you´ll pick up for motivation, and you´ll be there in no time. If you are really set on music how about sugesting to listen to some Hendrix and then listenig to some country also, so you´ll both be happy, don´t know if the headphones will be a good idea, take the time to bond with your stepdad also and make small talk and make sure to enjoy yourselves.  ;)  :cheers:

Ghoste

Brock makes a very under-rated point about the camera.  Some of the best things I've taken pictures of have been just spotted along the road.  And some of the best moments where I wished I had remembered a camera were during road trips.  :2thumbs:

TUFCAT

Finding a good beer a burger joint along the way!  :cheers:

41husk

I have a little habbit to help keep me alert on long trips.  I have a cooler full of high cafien soda Pepsi max, diet Mt dew etc, and I take a drink on the 1/4 hour.  Even if I am thirsty I will wait until 1:00, 1:15, 1:30, 1:45 etc. and if the quarter hour hits and I am not thirsty, I still take a little swig.  It's wierd but it tends to keep me alert, but I do make alot more piss stops.  On a side note I have noticed I tend to look at the clock on some interesting times.  It seems I seldome miss a 3:40, 4:40 or 4:26 and I catch alot of 3:18, 3:31, and 4:00.  I guess it probably has something to do with my train of thought :cheers:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

moparnole

Well guys we made it!!!!
We left at about 7:30 (not a motor) and returned home at 2:00 a.m.!!!
I will post pictures in a little bit as soon as I take them.
And as far as music went, we just settled for the Doobie Brothers :2thumbs:

chargerrt

Do you actually live in Wewa?  I grew up in Port St. Joe and I'm in Tallahassee for school.

Tilar

Quote from: moparheater on June 16, 2009, 09:08:45 AM
Sirius Satellite Radio: Howard Stern or NFL Radio & I'm good for hours

Yup, Sirius Satellite Radio. Just about anything you want to listen to and some that you dont.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

moparnole

No, I live about 45 minutes from Tally in Chattahoochee, my stepdad lives in Wewa?

Which school are you at? FSU?

Magnumcharger

I like to pick up hitchikers, and find out what they think about horror movies.
I usually have a chainsaw and goalie mask in the back seat.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

GTXtreme

head phones is what i used when i took a 16 hour one way trip from new york to georgia w my pops a few years ago. my dads a big fan of books on tape, me i cant stand it

bull

I take short naps while driving and wait for the excitement of the rumble strips to wake me up. :2thumbs:

Magnumcharger

Quote from: bull on June 18, 2009, 06:38:09 PM
I take short naps while driving and wait for the excitement of the rumble strips to wake me up. :2thumbs:

MEEE TOOO!!!
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

chargerrt

Quote from: moparnole on June 18, 2009, 06:21:38 PM
No, I live about 45 minutes from Tally in Chattahoochee, my stepdad lives in Wewa?

Which school are you at? FSU?

FSU indeed.  I graduate in August then hopefully I can go to grad school part-time.

moparnole

Awesome!!
I will be a senior at Sneads High School this year, and then hope to go to FSU, what are you majoring in?

chargerrt

I'm an English major, but plan on going to grad school for Business Management or Finance.

moparnole