News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Squeaks and rattles....

Started by 69bronzeT5, June 15, 2009, 05:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bronzeT5

My Duster has squeeks and rattles galore. I can hear everything. Then again, I have no carpet, headliner or insulation. All I have for sound proofing is the trunk divider. I hear alot of rattles from the trunk, any ideas how to quiet or even silence that? Also, I hear some squeaks from the dash often. What to do :scratchchin:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

RECHRGD

I had a slight clunking sound going over any kind of bump in the road.  It drove me crazy for the last four or so years.  It sounded like it was coming from under the rear seat or in the trunk.  I pulled the seat out and found that the divider between it and the trunk was loose, so I glued it in place, thinking I had found the problem.  No luck.   :brickwall: I took EVERYTHING out of the trunk, took the seats out and drove it.  Still not fixed! :brickwall:  All this was after several trips under the car, checking every nut and bolt for tightness, along with bushing integrity.  Last week I pulled into the muffler shop that did my exhaust system a couple of years ago and told them to look.  An old timer (about my age) working there said he had worked for Mopar dealerships back in the day and bet me he could find it.  Sure enough, even though the upper shock bolts seemed tight to me, he put an impact wrench to them and they turned some more.  We went for a drive around the block and it was fixed.  Just goes to show you how valuable first hand experience can be.  All he wanted was a twenty dollar bill to get some beer for the boys.  Best twenty bucks I ever spent.   :cheers:  Bob

P.S. I doubt if that's your problem, but this thread seemed like a good place to relay this information.
13.53 @ 105.32

ipstrategies

My Charger interior is stripped except for front buckets, the trunk divider is out also and man do you hear everything I still drive it and smile. My dog Gibson (les paul) thinks the car is his car and when he hear me start it he starts howling to go for a ride. He gets mad if I take it somewhere without him.
1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 Magnum
1999 Dodge Durango 5.9
1995 Chrysler LHS

dkn1997

I had the same thing with the rear shock bolts. 
RECHRGED