News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what do you think a 1994 dodge viper is worth?

Started by police1, June 09, 2009, 11:01:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

police1

i have a chance to buy a 94 dodge viper. the car had a minor accident and the front end had to be repaired. just body damage no frame damage. car has 18,000 miles on it. what do you think it's worth? :cheers:

dads_69

Where the car was wrecked, were the parts replaced w/new or repaired? $25,000.00 is average price for a '94 Viper w/the miles you have listed. There is the not knowing what other issues the car may have though also to determin as well on price.
Any extras such as hard top/soft or side windows also come w/it?
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

Arkgl01

I know I had a chance to buy one with the hood and fender wrecked and parts were VERY VERY expensive. We passed on it...
69 440 RT matching.. mostly original!

r_biccum

Quote from: Arkgl01 on June 09, 2009, 01:32:08 PM
I know I had a chance to buy one with the hood and fender wrecked and parts were VERY VERY expensive. We passed on it...
:iagree: I looked at one as well, better off to buy a complete driving car, on our favorite auction site they are going around $25k driving.
1969 Dodge Charger SE 383 727 #'s matching with original 8 track
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
2003 Hummer H2

Silver R/T

would be helpful if you can post some pics. Miles are low so it might be worth trying to rebuild it.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

68charger383

I agree at about $25K. However, I wold deduct $5K for the prior accident. If a similar car with simlar mileage that has never been in an accident is worth $25K, then this one being in an accident has to be worth less.

The problem I have with vipers is that for a few $s more, you can buy a newer model with similar miles.
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

mikepmcs

I'd say $18-$21k.  In an accident more towards the $18k mark.  94 is not a very desirable year for me personally.  I don't like the wheels, I don't like the fact that the only windows resemble that of a jeep style zip in.  I just think they really didn't plan it out when it first came out.    I was looking at them before I bought the Challenger and the only one I would think to buy would be a GTS and it would have to be 2000 or newer.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Doright

Doright
A&P FCC 
I play with cars because Jets are way too serious to be fun any more
I have so many car projects that cars are beginning to be no fun any more

Charger_Fan

Quote from: mikepmcs on June 13, 2009, 10:08:33 PM
94 is not a very desirable year for me personally.  I don't like the wheels, I don't like the fact that the only windows resemble that of a jeep style zip in.  I just think they really didn't plan it out when it first came out. 
Remember that the initial plan was to have a bare-bones racer...and that they were only street legal as a way to sell them more easily to the masses & justify to the bean counters, the cost of making them. They were trying to make a modern day version of the 427 Cobra. After the masses did start buying them, only then did they cave in & start putting in creature comforts like roll up windows-n-things. ;) 

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

police1

hey guys. i can buy the car outright for $17,000. he did say that it isnt running on all cylinders that he thinks there is a problem in the wiring. :brickwall:

Go Hogs Go

Run away. I promise you it will not be just the wiring. Spend the extra $5,000 and buy a good car you can enjoy.
Go Hogs!

police1

i'm feeling the same way! he seems pretty hard on trying to sell it plus hes 5 hours away from me. makes me wonder why it hasn't sold closer to him... :shruggy:

bakerhillpins

Maybe cuz everyone else is running away too and you have been his best opportunity to date?...   :D

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

BBKNARF

I don't know what a 94 viper goes for, but I can tell you a friend of mine bought a 1999 viper in good shape for 30,000 the guy was going through a divorce.
68 Charger, slowly in the works, 451 c.i. approx. 535 hp @ the flywheel, so far best time in the 1/4
11.21 @ 119 mph, full exhaust, stock suspension, 4:10s @ 3640 pounds.

PocketThunder

Have Vipers hit bottom in the mid $20's or will they continue to depreciate?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Go Hogs Go

I don't think a nice Viper of any year will slip past 22K. They were produced in very small numbers, and right now are a real bargin.
Go Hogs!

PocketThunder

Since when can you get an automatic transmission?  It says this car has one, but maybe thats just a typo.   :shruggy:

http://www.vipertrader.com/details.php?id=19692

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Landonsrt

Quote from: PocketThunder on June 17, 2009, 12:22:45 PM
Since when can you get an automatic transmission?  It says this car has one, but maybe thats just a typo.   :shruggy:

http://www.vipertrader.com/details.php?id=19692

That's got to be a typo. They never came as an automatic. dodge transmissions of late could not handle that torque. It seemed like every time i nailed it in my dakota, it tore up my trans..thats 250 hp vs 500-600 hp in that car.

Go Hogs Go

There is a company that does automatic converstions for sissy's.
Go Hogs!