News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking for pics of fuel cell installs

Started by ronwest, June 11, 2009, 08:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronwest

c00nhunterjoe

i have a 16 gallon rci in  my car, my trunk pans were roteed out when i bought the car so i just installed sheet metal in place of replacement pans. the fuel cell came with the mounting bars(flat steel) so it was literally a direct bolt in for me. i have it dead center in the trunk so i dont really get any use out of the rest of the trunk since a big hunk of plastic is in the way of the opening

ronwest

c00nhunterjoe

lol, its 12:25 am, but ok, i will go take a few

c00nhunterjoe

here ya go, its a 16 gallon from rci, got it from jegs for 100 bucks 10 years ago, has the safety foam in it. only drawback is i was a kid at the time and didnt pay attention when ordering. it has the gm sending unit in the tank.  i used a 3/8 line and it goes through a conduit grommet in teh floor.  i used sheetmetal to have a nice trunk pan to mount it too as when i dropped the stock tank (leaked liek a siv) i could climb in the trunk and stand on the ground.  when i redo my fuel system (soon) i will redo my trunk and lower the center considerably to get the top of the cell damn near level with the floor of the trunk. also be changing to 1/2 inch line and a/n fittings. but for now this set up has worked flawlessly for 10 years so i cant complain.

ronwest

Thanks!!!

I've got an upgraded autometer gauge doing the bouncy bounce. So I bought a 19 gallon RCI fuel cell with a GM sending unit.
I could use my old sender, but what do you think about the GM one VS the stocker. BTW I have an 04 5.7 Hemi in mine  :icon_smile_big:

c00nhunterjoe

the only difference is the resistance of the sender. gm is 0/90 and dodge is 120/7 if i recall.  the easy fix for me is when i do my custom dash i will buy a "gm" gas gauge for it

Rolling_Thunder

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Supercharged Riot

I got one installed.. Ill post pics later this week.

BBKNARF

Here's a pic of a 16 gal. Jazz fuel cell.
68 Charger, slowly in the works, 451 c.i. approx. 535 hp @ the flywheel, so far best time in the 1/4
11.21 @ 119 mph, full exhaust, stock suspension, 4:10s @ 3640 pounds.