News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

am / 8 track

Started by Buzzit1, June 04, 2009, 06:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzzit1

Just removed the radio from my 70 Charger R/T.  I noticed on the face it says "Chrysler" and not Dodge and the radio itself does not have any pushbuttons.  When you had a AM / 8 track tape player is this the way it was or do I have a incorrect Chrysler unit instead of a Dodge one?

Thanks in advance.

Jim

Ghoste

Nope, it seems that beginning with or sometime during the model year 1969 the Dodge radios said Chrysler on the faceplate.

Dodge Don

Don't know about the 69 model year but yes Ghoste is right, this radio in a 70 Charger would say Chrysler.

69CoronetRT

Quote from: Dodge Don on June 06, 2009, 11:41:19 AM
Don't know about the 69 model year but yes Ghoste is right, this radio in a 70 Charger would say Chrysler.

My 69 Coronet 8 track says Chrysler and it's the original. I remember reading a thread on this topic before and I think the AM face plate changed during 69 but I'm not sure.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

Ghoste

I know for sure all three of the 69 model Dodges I had all had AM radios that said Chrysler on them.

Martian R/T

I have that same radio in my 70 R/T.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
                            1970 Charger R/T 440 Auto 3:55 Martian Green???

Buzzit1

does your 8 trk player work?