News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

original 68 Charger R/T with an orange 440???

Started by charge-it, June 11, 2009, 08:57:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxwellwedge

Quote from: tan top on June 12, 2009, 07:00:39 PM
Quote from: maxwellwedge on June 12, 2009, 06:49:17 PM
Quote from: tan top on June 12, 2009, 06:36:46 PM
not wanting to hijack this thread by posting another ad for a 68 , but check this out  ,,original 68 R/T unrestored  :drool5: man what a awesome time capsule  :coolgleamA:
seeing as we are debating whats  original   :yesnod:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968-DODGE-CHARGER-R-T-440-4-SPEED-ORIGINAL_W0QQitemZ260427262373QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item3ca2aca9a5&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Yup - A nice piece - Master Cylinder has been changed and it has electronic but that's minor stuff. I love un-screwed with cars like these.  :2thumbs:

yep me to ! only original once !! i'm still amazed they keep turning up  :o  after all this time , makes you wonder what still could be out there hidden in a lock up , barn etc :scratchchin:  .... would love that car . i would not  do  any thing except !!  like you say not correct master cyliner , get the correct bendix one  ,

still no way that other 68 came with a orange motor  ,  unless the original motor was granaded early on  late 68 early 69 & the orange one is a waranty motor !  ,  that might be causing the confusion  :shruggy: :popcrn:

True but warranty motors were never painted.  :icon_smile_big:

tan top

:cryin:  oh right i never new this  ;D       :cheers: :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

maxwellwedge

No probs.....I have fallen for that in the past.  :yesnod:

teamroth

Quote from: ds440 on June 12, 2009, 01:05:09 PM
Yes, all '68 440's were turquoise.

I'm not sure about the headrests, but I thought that it was an option in '68.

The other thing that I noticed is that the fendertag is optioned for a Y-6 BLACK vinyl top. :scratchchin:  White would be Y-7.

But it does have the option codes for the tachometer, 26" radiator, rear seat speaker, 4 speed and the Dana rear.  It's a cool car, but doesn't appear to be all original.

I was thinking the same thing. I have a feeling the tag is a repop. Anyone else think maybe?
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

1970Moparmann

Funny thing is I did the same.  The owner came back with -

Mike, hello the engine color and top were both changed just for cosmetic reasons.I'll work on getting you some more photos tomorrow.
Regards,
John
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Ghoste

And yet, it's still advertised as all original.  ::)

hemi-hampton

There was a new trend a few years ago to try a pass off a older worn looking 80's/90's resto as original. It's fooled people before if you dont know what to look for. I'd guess this is one of those. LEON. :scratchchin:

teamroth

Quote from: hemi-hampton on June 12, 2009, 11:56:05 PM
There was a new trend a few years ago to try a pass off a older worn looking 80's/90's resto as original. It's fooled people before if you dont know what to look for. I'd guess this is one of those. LEON. :scratchchin:

I just got into a bit of an arguement with his guy saying this XP car was an R/T all the way through the ad. I asked him how is an XP vin and R/T car? He said "Easy,  it was made an R/T during the resto. I never said it was an original R/T. I told him it was false advertising and clearly meant to deceive someone who may not be in the know. I also reported his item to ebay. All I wanted him to do is say it was a clone so people who may be unaware of the particulars don't get taken.

Your thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968-Dodge-Charger-RT-Rotisserie-Resto-440-375hp-4spd_W0QQitemZ170343481537QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item27a94340c1&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A317%7C240%3A1318

Troy

Quote from: teamroth on June 13, 2009, 09:29:34 AM

I just got into a bit of an arguement with his guy saying this XP car was an R/T all the way through the ad. I asked him how is an XP vin and R/T car? He said "Easy,  it was made an R/T during the resto. I never said it was an original R/T. I told him it was false advertising and clearly meant to deceive someone who may not be in the know. I also reported his item to ebay. All I wanted him to do is say it was a clone so people who may be unaware of the particulars don't get taken.

Your thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968-Dodge-Charger-RT-Rotisserie-Resto-440-375hp-4spd_W0QQitemZ170343481537QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item27a94340c1&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A317%7C240%3A1318
There are sooooo many things wrong with that car. Yes, I'd say it is misleading (at the very least) to continually refer to the car as a "Charger RT" when they obviously know it isn't. I could see hoping to catch someone looking at NADA values for a price reference but if they had to finance the car it would get kicked back fairly quickly. I suppose their "out" is the fact that they are giving out the VIN and the buyer should have the sense to check.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

teamroth

Quote from: Troy on June 13, 2009, 09:45:30 AM
Quote from: teamroth on June 13, 2009, 09:29:34 AM

Your thoughts?

There are sooooo many things wrong with that car. Yes, I'd say it is misleading (at the very least) to continually refer to the car as a "Charger RT" when they obviously know it isn't. I could see hoping to catch someone looking at NADA values for a price reference but if they had to finance the car it would get kicked back fairly quickly. I suppose their "out" is the fact that they are giving out the VIN and the buyer should have the sense to check.

Troy

Agree completely Troy. It is a nice looking enough car with a description to boot clearly meant to deceive. I told the guy that our Mopar community was vast and the word would spread about his shennanigans. Either they don't have the fender tag or it was left off on purpose. Who's to say that it's not a rebody?

Ghoste

I can pretty much promise he doesn't give a rats ass about the Mopar community or how we feel about him.  The BK's and HLPAG's and Premier Plastics of the world are thieves and we happen to be their target demographic.

Dans 68

I have had a few communications with him also. He says that the car is an original 383 4-bbl 4-speed, so "technically" the care is rarer than a R/T 4-speed. :yesnod:   He told me he doesn't have the fender tag, and wants $38K for it. And another XP bites the dust....

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

teamroth

Quote from: Ghoste on June 13, 2009, 10:11:12 AM
I can pretty much promise he doesn't give a rats ass about the Mopar community or how we feel about him.  The BK's and HLPAG's and Premier Plastics of the world are thieves and we happen to be their target demographic.

My thoughts exactly.

Quote from: Dans 68 on June 13, 2009, 11:16:41 AM
I have had a few communications with him also. He says that the car is an original 383 4-bbl 4-speed, so "technically" the care is rarer than a R/T 4-speed. :yesnod:   He told me he doesn't have the fender tag, and wants $38K for it. And another XP bites the dust....

Dan

38K and no fender tag? Smoke crack much?  :smilielol: