News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Car Jacker Be Gone Device

Started by Old Moparz, June 10, 2009, 02:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Moparz

Pretty clever.  :cheers:

I can't believe I didn't see this one before, it's from 1998.  :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Story Link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/232777.stm

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDrzMGdYWZc

Africa Firing On All Cylinders

Car drivers in South Africa are being offered a new method of preventing hijacking. A blaster, flame-thrower operated by a foot pedal inside the car, blasts a jet of fire at a would-be hijacker. A person confronted by an armed hijacker simply presses a pedal and the "blaster" ignites gas that shoots from the under-side of the car.

Doctors say the device is lethal - but the police have confirmed it is perfectly legal.  :2thumbs:

Johannesburg seems to fill car drivers with fear. In the province which includes the city, there were 4,000 car hijacks between January and June this year. People pull up at traffic lights, they stop their car and then someone comes up to the window with a gun and tells them to get out.

Charles Fourie, who invented the blaster, says drivers should put their hands up and then step on the gas. "This is a case of opting for the lesser of two evils," Mr Fourie said. "Either you get shot, your wife is raped, your child is murdered - against him getting burned."

Police say they cannot see any legal problems with the blaster - so long as the right people are blasted. But Dr Kenneth Boffard, a surgeon who runs a trauma unit, said he is extremely concerned. "I don't think the average person on the street has any concept of the appalling damage that burns cause," Dr Boffard said. "The result of that is permanent, extensive and disfiguring. Innocent people are going to get caught. That's unacceptable."

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

moparnole

Already have it in my Supra, don't know what I would do without it!!! :icon_smile_big:

Mike DC

QuoteDoctors say the device is lethal - but the police have confirmed it is perfectly legal.
:2thumbs:

Tilar

I bet people would be careful about going up and asking a stranger for a light.  :smilielol:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

dpm68

Quote"The result of that is permanent, extensive and disfiguring. Innocent people are going to get caught. That's unacceptable."

If someone wants to be Charles Bronson and come up to your car with a gun pointed at you, then they better be prepared to face the consequences - simple as that. 

aussiemuscle

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on June 10, 2009, 05:10:28 PM
QuoteDoctors say the device is lethal - but the police have confirmed it is perfectly legal.

i find that highly unlikely anywhere but in S.A.

in the usa, they'd probably sue you anyway. :eek2:

Charger74

Quote from: aussiemuscle on June 10, 2009, 11:08:47 PM
Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on June 10, 2009, 05:10:28 PM

i find that highly unlikely anywhere but in S.A.

in the usa, they'd probably sue you anyway. :eek2:

You got that correct.

73chgrSE

Magnumcharger

Just make sure you keep pressing that foot pedal until the guy falls on the ground....or he crumbles into black powder....you don't want a court case.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

69*F5*SE

A383Wing

I'll be keeping an eye out for it to show up on ebay soon  :D

paulgrr63

Quote from: Magnumcharger on June 11, 2009, 02:39:51 PM
Just make sure you keep pressing that foot pedal until the guy falls on the ground....or he crumbles into black powder....you don't want a court case.

:rofl:

TUFCAT

I'm sure that works during "white cain" week also. :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

CharcoalCharger

Awesome!  Yet another product that after seeing it I think, 'now why didn't I think of that?'   :brickwall:

BB1

Delete my profile

mopar73

Fry them like a crispy critter :cheers:

John_Kunkel

I like the flame thrower idea better than The Trunk Monkey 'cause you don't have to feed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikKaC1D5vec
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.