News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

LCA bushing

Started by gasoline_24, June 07, 2009, 09:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gasoline_24

I have ordered new LCA pivots from firm feel and they are the same size as the factory ones.  However, the MOOG bushings that I ordered appear to be too large to fit in the LCA and too small for the pivots.  How tight of a fit are the bushing to LCA and the pivot  to the bushing?  I think maybe the bushing can go into the LCA, but the pivot will not fit inside of the bushing unless the inner metal sleeve is removed.  Anyone run into this same issue?

Rolling_Thunder

K791 is the part number you ordered correct ?
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

gasoline_24

That is the one.  I forgot to add that into my post.  I double checked the part number to be sure.  Does the internal metal sleeve get pressed out by the pivot?

runningman

Is the outer bushing sleeve still in the LCA?  I had to chisel mine out, not sure on the pivots yet though.

gasoline_24

No they were removed as well.  How close or tight of a fit were yours when you installed them?  I think they would fit in the LCA, but I think it might mend or wrinkle the outer metal sleeve.  The interior one there is no way it is going in there.  Does anybody have one out of the car so they could measure the dimensions.

Rolling_Thunder

you did remove the old inner sleeve off of the pivot correct ?
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

gasoline_24

Yes, the old ones are the same size as the firm feel ones that I ordered.  It could be a misbox from MOOG, but I have tried both and they are both the same size.  I will measure the inside of the sleeve and the outside of the sleeve and post them.

gasoline_24

I think I have discovered the problem.  I went back to measure the parts and the bushing sleeve is still in the LCA.  That will be removed tonight.  However, the pivot appears to be the incorrect one.  Firm feel sells two bushings.  One appears to be for urethane bushings and the other for rubber and I got the rubber one.  When I measured the old pivot I realized they left the sleeve on that one as well.  I think the common opinion on LCA bushings is to go with rubber.  Is this correct?

b5blue

YES! the poly just slides over it so all that holds it in is the strut rod and the torsion bar...that being held by the little C clip, not something I want to risk.

runningman

Yes, from what I have read rubber is the way to go on the LCA bushings...glad to hear you got if figured out..

gasoline_24

Thanks for the help runningman.  I can't believe I missed that the old one was in there.  I called Firm Feel and they are going to send me the correct one.  Now I just need to get the black off of them and powdercoated gold like yours.

runningman

No problem, I actually had them all cleaned up to get coated and tried fitting the bushing and had the same problem then I noticed the sleeve was in there on both.