News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ron Francis Wire Kit Install in 74 Satellite

Started by Charger71, June 14, 2009, 07:32:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger71

Has anyone ever installed this kit?   
I saw several post about the kits, but my question is in regards to wiring/connecting the ignition switch to the under dash harness.

I am very ignorant as far as wiring is concerned.  (Maybe a few other things, too.   :shruggy: :shruggy:)

The kit seems to be great.  It is well marked.   Ron Francis is first rate to answer questions.

But, I wanted to ask you guys/girls how your particular install worked.  And if you had any tips for me.

Right now, I am fabricating my bulkhead pass-through.  I'll put some pics as I go along...

Thanks in advance,

Charger71

Rolling_Thunder

I have installed the RF kit in a 1972 Scamp - very similar to the 74 Satty as the ignition system is pretty much the same...    the installation went well - the only thing I did not like about it was the buss-bar kind of mounting at the fuse block...    it uses an added connection point that is exposed...    just seems unneeded IMO...    but overall still a great product.
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Charger71

How did you connect the ignition switch harness to the RF kit?

Charger71