News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cool new Chargers in the wild.

Started by 1969chargerrtse, June 09, 2009, 06:06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sublime69

Here's some pics of what the new "Charger" may look like:

=> http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/charger-2010.html

If this is all Chrysler can come up with in 5 years, then I could really care less if they build anymore of these or not.
They know what we want, even if it is 4 doors, but they refuse to deliver. Except for the Challenger that every dealer wants to rape you on.  :rotz:
1969 Charger 440
1968 Satellite 318 Future Road Runner Clone
1989 Diplomat Ex-Cop Car Winter Beater
1985 Chevy C-10 400 SB Winter Project
2004 Honda Civic Daily Driver

G-man

:rofl:

Id rather an RX7 or a skyline over that thing, even over these Enforcer cars badged with charger.

Brock Samson

Sublime69

I'm still waiting for some pictures of a good looking new "Charger"  :smilielol:
1969 Charger 440
1968 Satellite 318 Future Road Runner Clone
1989 Diplomat Ex-Cop Car Winter Beater
1985 Chevy C-10 400 SB Winter Project
2004 Honda Civic Daily Driver

Brock Samson

Quote from: Sublime69 on July 26, 2009, 10:13:27 PM
Here's some pics of what the new "Charger" may look like:

=> http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/charger-2010.html

If this is all Chrysler can come up with in 5 years, then I could really care less if they build anymore of these or not.
They know what we want, even if it is 4 doors, but they refuse to deliver. Except for the Challenger that every dealer wants to rape you on.  :rotz:

this was all covered here a couple Mos ago... I'll go dig up the thread...
that is not the revised Charger...

ya know, after searching and reviewing all the threads with the word FIAT in them I just can't bear to go on...  :eek2:

:leaving:

G-man

o well

As long as it makes ours worth more and look better/more desired, keep building shit. From the new worthless junker... charger to a 4 door clown project challenger. I wont be caught dead in any of them. Last thing i need is 2 be a charger/challenger wannabe with this pov imitation of a bad idea car they designed. Name it something else and i wont complain. Now im gonna see ppl running around saying I GOT A CHARGER, or  I GOT A CHALLENGER. Yeah suuuuuuure u do buddy, go sit over there

1969chargerrtse

This thing is sweet.  I think #708 of 1,000 built.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

grdprx

GREEN684SPD

heres 1

ChgrSteve67

Do dealerships and car shows count as being in the wild?

E5 Charger

I like the hoods on the SRTs. Has anyone grafted one on an old Charger?

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on August 17, 2009, 04:20:21 PM
Car shows.  Not sure about Dealerships?  Matter of Opinion I guess.  If I saw a neat one at a Dealership, I'd post it.  Why not.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

ChgrSteve67

To me "in the wild" means being driven down the street on an ordanary day.

As for the dealership, no one owns it yet and most have never seen the open road or freeway.

Now if the dealer had one that was hydrogen powered that just turned 200+ at the salt flats I might be more understanding.

mauve66

i thought the wild was anything outside a closed garage??

mine hasn't been in the wild for more than a day since 1999.............................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

ChgrSteve67

There you go thinking again.  LOL   Sorry I couldn't resist.

Shouldn't you be working on getting that on the road again?

1969chargerrtse

Total disrespect for the new Charger.  :slap:

71charger

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on August 06, 2011, 06:05:50 PM

Hell I wouldnt even sit on the new so called "chargers" there just a sports seden that stole the name charger
I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum, but I'm all out of bubble gum.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 71charger on August 06, 2011, 06:12:37 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on August 06, 2011, 06:05:50 PM

Hell I wouldnt even sit on the new so called "chargers" there just a sports seden that stole the name charger
Gotta admit it doesn't look anything like the one in my garage.

70sixpkrt

Those are not Chargers. They are Magnum Sedans.

440-6pk, 4-speed, Dana 60 with 3:54  
13.01 @107.93 (street tires spinning all the way down)

WhiteLightninn

Typical typical.

If these Chargers disgust you why don't you just leave the thread?  And lets admit, compared to all the modern cars, these Chargers are the most badass out of em all.

MaximRecoil

Quote from: elanmars on July 26, 2009, 09:38:14 PM
Hows about we just refer to the "new" so-called Chargers as Coronets?

If my significant other ends up buying a Charger (since she's looking for a car), I'd sooooo love to replace the emblems just for kicks.

They are too ugly to be a Coronet. I think "St. Regis" is more fitting.

UH60L

Quote from: Brock Samson on July 26, 2009, 09:47:17 PM
"Enforcer" was the name they were designed under..  :shruggy:

Interesting.......

I don't know if there is any historical use of that name, but I am willing to bet they would have had little to no backlash for calling the 2006 sedan "enforcer". 

I have personally suggested the name coronet, simply because coronets (in the '60s) were big powerfull cars, were offered in a 4 door, and.....were what the charger was based off of....thus setting up the possibility of releasing a two door version (retro of course) called charger.

Yes, this might have meant no new challenger, but hey, I think it could have worked.  Still could work as a future marketing plan.  I get told a lot by the "pro 4 door" people that "times change and so do cars".  Well, maybe this one needs to change more drasticlly with the next redesign.  In doing so, you get two new vehicels to "release" to the public (coronet sedan, charger coupe), perhaps ending challenger production at the same time (making them more "rare").

(I often get accused of trolling or arguing concerning this topic (or being old, out of touch, and yes, even living in my mom's basement eating cheetos with no life...), but, you'll notice I'm not just complaining here, but offering possible, feasable solutions....)

I think it was kind of two-faced for chrysler execs to publicly trash people that complained about the 2006-2010 sedan, specifically saying it wasn't meant to be a muscle car like the old ones, then marketed such things as a "daytona edition" "super bee edition" and "heritage muscle car colors" etc etc.  I would be curious to know the statistics of how these marketing campaigns affected overall sales.

Ghoste

I wondered some of those things myself.  We'll never know for sure because the spin from any corporation will always be positive.

HOTROD

The Yellow one looked like shit  :smilielol: the side pipes came out the rear Hello  :brickwall: !!
What the Hell-Dumass !

Drache

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on August 17, 2009, 04:20:21 PM

Maybe it's just a pet peeve but I've been to numerous carshows and it seems stupid for people that have bone stock brand new cars at the car show. The local carshow had a white 4 door Charger and there was nothing even done to it. It wasn't some special limited production model, just straight off the dealership lot.

If it's a limited edition model that you might not see normally or customized in some way then I guess I can understand.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire